cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone just have a bunch of free listing promos show up?

As I was using the last of my 50 free listings before they expired, I starting seeing a 30cent fee.  I backed out to double check my numbers and 6 new promos are now showing that expire March 1st and say they are active.Smiley Frustrated

They weren't there earlier and I didn't activate anything.  Oddly, it shows over 10 thousand freebies but I'm being charged now.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Anyone just have a bunch of free listing promos show up?

Hi,  it wants to charge me too.  I see a promo that says 250listings  basic store and something that says 1000 listings premium but I did NOT get a store. I refuse. Also, there is no activation button.  I am owed 38 listings and frankly, it's not worth listing them  and then having to call ebay to get a refund. 

Why is it everytime there is an error , it costs the seller money.  Why can't a seller list something and they get a 30 cent credit.    NOW WILL SOMEONE AT THE CONTROLS FIX THIS!!!   

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

Yes! as of 5 min ago I have the following:

Basic Store Subscription – 250 Fixed Price Listings

Premium Store Subscription – 1000 Fixed Price Listings

Anchor Store Subscription – 10,000 Fixed Price Listings

List auction-style FREE, up to 250 in select categories

All expire 3/1 .... So weird, especially since the store subscriptions one are new to me, I don't have a store

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

Same here. I didn't do anything either. If you will notice the two at the top say for Basic Store and one is for Anchor Store. I don't know who the others are for, but since they are activated and we are being charged, I will assume they aren't meant for us. I hate that we may lose what few listings we had left though. I don't trust them not to charge me for the freebies.
Message 4 of 31
latest reply

YOU are correct. I just notice that it says CLICK for more and there are 4 other offers.   But none of them have the activation button.  I will be **bleep** if I will give these clowns money for something that is supposed to be free.  I will edit my scheduled items to start in a few days.  So be it if I lose my free 38.  **bleep** you ebay.

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

same thing here...I have 4 more listings of my free 50 left and it wants to charge me $.30...boy o boy the spring update should be an adventure

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

Im sure that if you get charged and call them , eventually , you will get a credit but frankly, I do not have the time to deal with their nonsense. I am going to edit the auctions to start at a later date.

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

I have 10 free listings left and went to list and charging m 30 cents

I clicked the info and am confused, is it free promo? or is there  charge?

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

I just went and checked and I have a bunch of them for auction listings and various store levels and they all say Active. They all expire tomorrow so hopefully tonight they will just disappear.

What a mess!

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

I have the promotionals showing on one account but not the other.

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

Yep, this is what is now showing up on my Selling Manager dashboard (in addition to the 250 Auction/250 Fixed I usually get for a Basic Store):

FreeList.jpg

All say "Active."  I didn't do a thing to activate any of them and did not get an email to alert me the offers were available.  They just appeared.

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

I got this too but the dates are all wrong. This would start on 03-01-2018 (tomorrow) March 1st if you do GET OFFER which is what I suspect they are trying to accomplish by doing this.  They are probably tabulating the monthly fees and realize February was terrible and upper management is probably shouting that they have to get people to collect more fees and this is one way to entice people into getting a basic store subscription for the year (which isnt a requirement to sell here by any means).  

EBAY thinks they can still compete with sites that dont charge fees for listing items by doing this probably.  Only time will tell if its going to work. Their timing is a little off since sales are super slow in February historically.  The writing is on the wall they want to charge a monthly subscription fee to all sellers here just like "you-know-who" the giant ecommerce #1 site that stole all their buyers and sellers years ago because of other past blunders on ebays part.  

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Okay, thanks guys.  I see it isn't just me or my imagination.  I swear they weren't there when I first started relisting and they just appeared.

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

Me Too! I have 13 Free listings left, and they now are trying to charge me $.30 each for them.  Just doing Drafts, and hope they straighten this out before midnight, when I lose them.  And, what are all those Stores on the left on my Manager that say they are Active? They had better not charge me for any Stores! Glitchy Ebay!

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

Say you have 13 free listings left...try listing 10 or 12 dont do 14 or more....does it still try to charge .30 cents a listing.  I bet it doesnt. 

Message 15 of 31
latest reply