cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone found buyers or ebay users to have no manners in this generations of today??

A number of years ago ( 1998 ) , i attended a stamp and coin auction in Australia and bid for a huge lot of banknotes. I was very successful and managed to get them for just under $1 each.... Many times i have sold at what they cost me and sometimes i made a profit but in reality i bought them to give out as free gifts to customers. When i had a store / shop, i would give out one to every child customer as a good gesture and the child thanked me very much. You never know it may have started them on world banknotes and if it didn't, then i had really only lost the equivalent to a can of soda and look where the soda ends up when one is finished with it. In the last 6 years or so, i decided to add a banknote with every winning bidder that won an item from my stuff in ebay. The generation of today really needs to be taught some manners as not one time did i receive a message for the free gift. I am going to continue adding free items to my packages until i run out ( as i bought thousands of banknotes from a dealer at a coin show ) and then never ever do this type of thing again...I can see it is never appreciated and this is how the younger generation of the 1980's to present has been brought up. Isnt it amazing that one tries to give away something in ebay and the appreciation is not there... As you can see , i have left out the usernames of certain buyers as that is stated above...However if they read this, they will know who they are.... I am adding pictures ( both back and front )  of one of the notes i had given away recently in addition to the bidders winning item. UNBELIEVABLE AY?? - NOT A THANK YOU OR ANY SIGN OF APPRECIATION FOR A FREE GIFT ADDED WITH THE GOODNESS OF MY HEART...After all, how much does a small message cost to send?? I am so glad i was not brought up in todays generations ( 1980's to now ) ...Have a nice day

10000 Note F.jpg10000 Rev.jpg

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: Anyone found buyers or ebay users to have no manners in this generations of today??

@chapeau-noir wrote:

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

Thanks goodness you said 1980s to now. 1978 over here. Yea, thems is a bunch of punks…those 1980s youngins (my wife included).

Hey! Get off my lawn!!

00000 old man.gif

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 46 of 60
latest reply

Re: Anyone found buyers or ebay users to have no manners in this generations of today??

@chapeau-noir wrote:

I'm not sure they'd even know what it was - it's not something generally familiar in western culture.

It's easy to read too much into this situation.

I had to read the thread to find out what they were really for..

Just because it said "Hell" is why I assumed it would be seen as a mockery, from what I know Christian believe in heaven and hell (I'm not Christian and don't really know anything about this... it was just a guess).

To me the notes are worthless... I've gotten other types of free gifts in my packages (the Lithuanian stamp dealer sent some low value mint stamps that were recent, those went straight into my collection). I just say "thank you" in feedback with a blanket statement about what I received. Some sellers don't want it advertised that there was a free gift because everyone might expect one. When I send free extra stamps it's because I think the person getting them would want those and they buy a lot of stamp lots for me.

The first time I sent this guy a stamp lot he said nothing. My partner told me he might have thought it was accidental and didn't want to call attention to the bonus. The second time I sent it I put a sticky note that said "here's another bonus for you" and he thanked me when he left feedback.

C.

Message 47 of 60
latest reply

I mean in general it's easy to read too much into these situations. 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 48 of 60
latest reply

Sadly, with some exceptions, "thank you" notes or acknowledgements are as scare as hens' teeth today.

Message 49 of 60
latest reply

These hell bank notes are not real currency but used in some cultures as religious offerings to be burned. I imagine very few people would understand what they are, and therefore would not value them as a gift.

Handing a child such an item in person when they enter a store is a completely different animal than including a freebie in a package. One is a personal gesture, the other is not. If you are including it as a token of appreciation, then a thank you for it should not be expected.

Message 50 of 60
latest reply

I sold custom draperies, bedspreads, upholstery for 30 years. Early on I gave free matching pillows as gifts. First time someone complained about the number of pillows (two) I thought "hmmmm". Then I had a huge order upwards of $10K where there were 6-8 pillows given. That customer complained about the style of a couple pillows. I smiled, made the changes, added additional pillows or pillows styled differently. Then you know what? No more free pillows, EVER!

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 51 of 60
latest reply

We were raised in a generation of respect no matter who or what. I understand what you say. We moved to Belize 3 years ago. Children still call you mister or mam, yes and thank you for everything and everything. Sadly with the advent of US television being rampant here it is changing!

Message 52 of 60
latest reply

I often get notes from buyers thanking me for extras that I may include with orders, and occasionally noted in feedback received.  Perhaps that is due to my buyers being older...

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 53 of 60
latest reply

I've gotten abused by sellers.  It's not fun.  If you file an INR even three weeks after the delivery date, you get chewed out by some sellers.  Which is ridiculous because you only have a month to file an INR.  What's interesting is the angry sellers' items never arrive.  I think it was a scam that was perfect for 2020.  I keep up with my INRs since I believe in paying for it when it arrives.

Message 54 of 60
latest reply

"Anyone found buyers or ebay users to have no manners in this generations of today??"

No. In a decade I can't remember any buyers without manners. I mean, maybe there were some, but it must not have been a memorable event worthy of a second thought.

I also put a buffalo nickle in with certain orders as a special treat, then forget about it. Some buyers add a thank-you to feedback. That's an unexpected bonus.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 55 of 60
latest reply

I suppose you are the type that would step over a person that had fallen over on the street and is in pain and agony...After all ( to quote you ) the help or assistance was not asked for by the injured person so THEY SHOULD NOT EXPECT IT. 

Message 56 of 60
latest reply

Hi dbfolks166mt ,  i kind of agree with you but as the feedback seems to be so much of an effort these days for most people in ebay. Maybe you should wait until you receive feedback from the others until you leave it for them??... Not saying you have to do this but it is just a suggestion... 

Message 57 of 60
latest reply

As i am a collector of banknotes coins and stamps myself , i have a few duplicates. Swapping these days has long gone so i thought of sharing them with the buyers that pay me promptly...But i guess you dont get it like you stated...do you 1tuna...I cant read chinese either. If the banknote is a worthless piece of paper to you, then how about you throw everyone in ebay a $5 note.. After all , banknotes are worthless to you...arent they?? THATS YOUR QUOTE ABOVE IN YOUR COMMENT ........ Lastly i never ask for feedback as it just pushes the buyer to leave a negative... You have to be a kid to say that sort of thing.   Personally if i was you, i would buy a dictionary as it is piece and not pice.. Have a lovely day 1 tuna

Message 58 of 60
latest reply

I put the items in as gifts as i have duplicates in my personal collection and really only need one of any particular item to show an example...I guess with being brought up in the 1960's we were more well mannered then than the generations of today.... My parents and grandparents taught me to say thanks.... If the other people dont want to , then i cant help their upbringing but it still wont stop me giving away my duplicates as my kids are not interested in them at all. I have had gifts given to me when i purchased hard rock cafe pins but as i did not need them ( as i had them already ) ,  I kept them and sent them to a friend of mine overseas... I did not have to toss anything out ... 

Message 59 of 60
latest reply

"Kids today." - Parabalis, 6th century B.C.

Message 60 of 60
latest reply