cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having trouble selling items from China now

Since this coronavirus **bleep** my sales have gone down to almost nothing. And I guess most of us are in the same boat. But my items that are not from China are the ones selling. Do you think people see where they are from and are too scared to purchase them? All of our items from China we have had in our inventory since last year so there is no problem with the coronavirus.  

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Anyone else having trouble selling items from China now

A lot of people are blaming China for the start of the Coronavirus and are refusing to buy their goods now.

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

Ironically, it might (theoretically) be riskier if it was sent from New York or Cali.

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

@dptedora wrote:

Do you think people see where they are from and are too scared to purchase them? All of our items from China we have had in our inventory since last year so there is no problem with the coronavirus.  

I have no idea if people would be scared or not, but generally speaking "Made in China" hurts sales because it implies cheap quality, possibly hazardous materials, and (in some buyer's minds) labor exploitation.

Thus it is of no benefit to identify the country of manufacture if it is China.

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

Ironically the time it takes to get from china to the US the item wouldn't be infected anymore.  Cali and New York have higher populations so the risk might be the same given the ratio of infection to population.  Man I must be bored commenting on all these boards.  Ebay gives me 50,000 free listings and i can't even shop for inventory because all stores are closed where I source.  Ugh!  Stay safe, Stay sane  🙂

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

Yes unfortunately, anything from China is suddenly diseased! so stupid!
Message 6 of 29
latest reply

I don't think most people care where an item is made. I will pay a higher price if it something I plan to use a lot and keep for a long time. For example I will pay for expensive German knives since I like to cook and have some over 20 years old that I still use. I do take them in and have them sharpened twice a year. If it is something like paint brushes I will buy the cheapest ones that do the job I need. I could care less if it came from China or Timbuktu. I use alot of bubble envelopes and I will do a lowest price search on Ebay and buy the cheapest one I can find. Never had a quality issue. 

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

Maybe it is time to get back to MADE IN AMERICA !! And take pride in that fact !!

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

As they say fool me once shame on you and fool me twice shame on me. I will not buy another American made car. My first car was a 1984 Chrysler K car which was given to me brand new. The thing didn't make it to 50,000 miles before it was junked. The thing game me more problems than any car I ever had. I bought a 1988 Toyota Tercel next and that gave me 110,000 miles with no issues before I traded it in for a bigger car. I bought a 1993 Honda Civic next which went for more the 250,000 miles. The only thing I had to replace at 160,000 miles was a transmission. I replaced the transmission by going to the junk yard and getting one from another Civic. Next I purchased a boat and need SUV to pull it. My friend suggested I try a Chevy Blazer. I bought a 2000 Blazer. 4000 miles after the warranty when out the intake manifold gasket blew. I took it to the dealer figuring they would be able to get GM to cover the repair. The dealer when to GM and they said the would pay for 25% of the cost of the $1600.00 repair and wouldn't budge. A reputable independent garage did the the repair for $1200.00. I had several other issues with the Blazer until I finally gave up on it and traded it in for a 2006 Toyota 4 Runner which I had until 2014. The 4 Runner gave no issues but I hit a some ice and totaled it. I replaced it with a 2015 4 Runner which I still drive today. I will not be fooled a 3rd time.    

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

@muskingum_relics wrote:

Maybe it is time to get back to MADE IN AMERICA !! And take pride in that fact !!

We don't have the labor force in the USA to make all that technology, apparel, and junk ... even if we were to swing wide the border doors, we couldn't make it all here.

Just one item, the iPhone, needs a labor force of 150,000 to manufacture iPhones for the US Market.

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

hondas are made in the USA !!!

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

Not all of them just like Toyota. Both of the 4Runners I have had are made in Japan.

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

The work force is here ! Trouble is our youth has been taught to play video games instead of learning how to get a job ! How many people are in their 20s and 30s living in mommy and daddies basements because it is allowed by mommy and daddy ??? The jobs are out there ! I own a masonry construction company and none of the youth wants to work !! Well should not say all but a good many just are plain too lazy ! Society is not teaching what needs taught to the youth about work ethics ! I have ads in all surrounding counties of me to hire and get no calls ! Hmmm ! That is a problem ! How many kids now would get lost in their own yard because they will not go outside ???? America needs to get off this left wing trip and go back to some real basics ! Many have fought and died for the freedoms getting stripped because of a major lack of American values !

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

And why would we really want to swing open the border doors ??? That is plain just not right.

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

my dodge ram 3/4 ton now has 235.000 miles with no issues and never needed anything but regular maintenance ! Mopar power

Message 15 of 29
latest reply