cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else experiencing no sales in their stores?

I am experiencing slow to no sales this month. I have been selling for 17 years on ebay. I have contacted them and they refresh my page. It worked the first time but they did it again and nothing!! My prices are low compared to same items listed. Thinking about dropping my store if sales don't pick up. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Anyone else experiencing no sales in their stores?

Haven't had a sale on Ebay for a month now, good thing for Etsy.

Don't know whats going on.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Haven't had a sale on Ebay for a month now, good thing for Etsy.

Don't know whats going on.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 38
latest reply

Do you sell on any other sites? You seem to have interesting and eclectic items in your store. Your pictures are really good. Maybe someplace like an etsy might find more customers for your type of items?

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

@primitivesquirrel 

Your topic is all over these message boards...you are not alone on this...

Am I closed Ebay? I’m so tired of NO SALES! What is happening???

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Am-I-closed-Ebay-I-m-so-tired-of-NO-SALES-What-is-happening/td...

Did anyone sell anything from Sunday to today?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Did-anyone-sell-anything-from-Sunday-to-today/m-p/30304644#M14...

And the list goes on & on...

Something is definitely amiss...

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

Yes there are dozens of threads about the same thing. Sales are DEAD, worst I have seen in 20 years on eBay. This place is going down FAST!!!
Message 5 of 38
latest reply

Yep the ebay ship is sinking fast. All the changes over the last 3 years have pushed sellers and buyers away.  Too many glitches and search manipulation. Ebay needs to allow more payment options for buyers and sellers, they need to fix their search engine and stop manipulating it and fix the glitches and bugs.  Ebay needs to stand alone and stop worrying about amazon.

Message 6 of 38
latest reply

Today I received notification from PayPal the payment was received but on eBay there's nothing pending for shipment and I can't figure out what's going on

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

@primitivesquirrel   I have read more then once about Sellers calling in and having their items "refreshed" or something ... what is the purpose of that and why would it even be necessary but more importantly, if there is a "refresh" function they can perform they should do it automatically ... am I missing something here?

I've had one account completely tank but that was the GTC mandate that killed that one.  The main account seems to keep meandering along ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 8 of 38
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@primitivesquirrel   I have read more then once about Sellers calling in and having their items "refreshed" or something ... what is the purpose of that and why would it even be necessary but more importantly, if there is a "refresh" function they can perform they should do it automatically ... am I missing something here?

I've had one account completely tank but that was the GTC mandate that killed that one.  The main account seems to keep meandering along ...

They seem to have all kinds of magic buttons to push when you call them.  I kept having some account hacked nonsense only on one account and only when bulk changing listings.  No notifications or anything.  I got ahold of some rep in Qatar that magically fixed whatever their problem was.

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

@jllai-ms6byqgmqf wrote:

Today I received notification from PayPal the payment was received but on eBay there's nothing pending for shipment and I can't figure out what's going on

...another glitch...that one has been posted/commented on this board too...Smiley Indifferent

...Sigh...

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

Not alone. The system is broken. We're all hoping the new CEO hits a very BIG "reset" button.
Message 11 of 38
latest reply

this kind of complaint (low to no sales) have been all over the discussion boards in the past couple of month. there is something extremely at ebay, and some of the reps do admit to it, when you call to complain (shortly before they tell you they will "reset" your store....which is useless. there is no point in resetting one store, when the entire system is broken.)
my sales have pretty much stopped. then i had a higher dollar sale over the weekend from a repeat customer, that would have placed this order regardless. but ever since that one big sale, ebay is kinda penalizing me but me not getting any sales, views, questions, etc.
Message 12 of 38
latest reply

@mr_lincoln 

Morning, mr lincoln. There was a thread I think last week were a Blue said this "refresh" is non-existent, i.e. CSRs don't do that/can't do that (in so many words) and he would have a conversation with CS. So I have no clue what is rumour or what is reality. I commented (I think) that maybe the Blue made that statement that the refreshing is not true to keep sellers from calling CS for this "refresh." Have a great day.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 13 of 38
latest reply

@abfabvintage wrote:

@mr_lincoln 

Morning, mr lincoln. There was a thread I think last week were a Blue said this "refresh" is non-existent, i.e. CSRs don't do that/can't do that (in so many words) and he would have a conversation with CS. So I have no clue what is rumour or what is reality. I commented (I think) that maybe the Blue made that statement that the refreshing is not true to keep sellers from calling CS for this "refresh." Have a great day.

LOL!  I didn't think there was a magical "refresh" function eBay can perform on listings ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 14 of 38
latest reply

@mr_lincoln
ebay cust. serv. reps know that after each call, ebay sends a survey to the caller, in which the reps performance will be somewhat evaluated..... knowing that, they often will do and say things to "pacify" the caller. i think the "resetting of the store" is just one of these things. i do not know of an event where this ever has helped.
Message 15 of 38
latest reply