cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else experiencing a huge drop off in sales and views?

Anyone else having this problem? My sales completely died at the end of the weekend and haven’t picked up at all. My views are much lower and I’m getting no response on my offers which is unusual anyone know what’s up? 

Message 1 of 148
latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

Re: Anyone else experiencing a huge drop off in sales and views?

@bloomsburygroup wrote:

For nearly a year I’ve been advising small eBay sellers to stop buying inventory and  concentrate on selling what they have for whatever they can get. eBay, like any large corporation, makes decisions that benefit eBay. Clearly dealing with small sellers doesn’t benefit them

What are you referring to?  I've been a seller for many years on Ebay.  Yes there has always been ups and downs in sales.  That simply is nothing new with internet sales.  It also doesn't necessarily make it Ebay's fault either.  Buyers change, the economy changes, weather changes, work changes, and so much more affects our sales.  

So do you think that just as many buyers are shopping today on Ebay as there was a year [or two] ago when we were mostly shut in at home and not working outside the home?  The world is trying to get back to normal.  Guaranteed, things will change, they always do.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 46 of 148
latest reply

any updates? since this Thursday i barely have any views on my new listings and almost no sales. Ive had good weeks and bad weeks but this has been the worst week and it coincided on Thursday when they updated the views to the past 30 days and many of my listing views were zeroed out even though most of them have not even been active for more than a month! I've contacted ebay and they are working on the 0 views to new listing issue but of coarse dont mention that its somehow affecting sales 

Message 47 of 148
latest reply

There is something going on. I've been dead all of last week and this weekend. I normally would be shipping at least 8-12 packages tomorrow, and so far I'll only be shipping out 2. People say it's the economy, gas prices, etc. But the economy and gas prices haven't changed in the last week. 

Message 48 of 148
latest reply

I've noticed nabsolutely no "Views" or "Watchers" since the new view format was institiuted, I believe on 5/14/2022.

Message 49 of 148
latest reply

Same. And no sales since 5.12. No watchers low views

Message 50 of 148
latest reply

Same here... Sales are off and on... views are off and on... watchers are off and on.  Very little response to the offers I've sent out.  Not normal at all.  Something weird is going on.  Have good days and then long stretches of nothing.  In a long stretch of nothing right now.  Really disturbing.... especially when the eBay site tanked on Friday and nobody could log on. ( this was the error message - "upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers.reset reason:overflow")

Message 51 of 148
latest reply

Same

Message 52 of 148
latest reply

@partfinds wrote:

Same

@partfinds 

Judging from the items they recently sold it appears they are doing fine.

Message 53 of 148
latest reply

It seams e-bay has no more draw, unless they also list with Twitter,Pinterest etc.

Message 54 of 148
latest reply

Thanks for makin me Laugh!

😂😂😂

Message 55 of 148
latest reply

My sales and views are barely existent.   The whole month of May is sad and getting worse.  It's a sale desert!

Message 56 of 148
latest reply

Mine are similar, but that doesn't translate to Ebay doing something to all of us.  This simply happens sometimes.  I've been here for many years and from time to time this happens.  

It is important to respect and take into consideration what is going on in the world around us.  Incredible gas and grocery costs have got to take a bite, a big bite out of discretionary spending.  I know I am personally putting off certain purchases until things come back in line a bit better than they currently are.  It is entirely likely that many other people are doing the same. 

Message 57 of 148
latest reply

Same here, I only me a total of 6 sales on both accounts since the start of the month.

Message 58 of 148
latest reply

I guess this proves how pathetic Ebay views really are. I sell on another site as well and views are much better. Ebay needs to be revised.

Message 59 of 148
latest reply

Not exactly true. eBay has been changing everything so much it screws things up. How do I know this.. I've contacted them and spoke to seriously 25-30 different people in less than a month. My views were higher, and all of a sudden, they didn't stop. They went down. They were literally taken off. Now my seller writing for views has gone down 40 percent. And eBay charges you if your performance doesn't stay up. How is it even possible 40 percent in less than a month after my views are disappearing. And when you go on Google to find the CEO or anyone else in the company they keep giving the same numbers when you call it says eBay, but if you try to put in an extension # it hangs up on you. Try emailing anyone from eBay, you get a message back saying not a valid email. Yet the messages that have the email are stating they are from those people. Also. Every would not be in business if it weren't for sellers. That how they went there money. And how ironic they always have technical difficulties, straight from their own mouths, not my words... But yet they have no difficulty when they take your money. And any company that doesn't have a legit way of contacting headquarters or the CEO there's something fishy about. When they start seeing there sellers going other places, then they'll realize. They should habe cared more about the people who keep them in business. And not punish them for there errors. And I have seem many many people leaving eBay for the reason in just the last month alone. It's not worth the stress. Life is stressful enough for people right now. 

Message 60 of 148
latest reply