cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else dropped sales during the past 10 days !?

Im a new seller, was selling regular and suddenly im not selling nothing at all... is this normal ?

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Anyone else dropped sales during the past 10 days !?

It is the End Of The Month.  The reason you are needing to sell is the same reason buyers are not buying....Money has to go to mortgage and bills.  Payday weekends are good.

Message 31 of 43
latest reply

I've been on here since 1996, have been selling since 2003, and averaged approximately a sale a day the entire time with approximately 80-100 items in my store at a time. I have 2 sales (for a combined $30) in the last 18 days when I've been averaging $700-$1000 a month for the past 12 years (without ebay being my main job). I know every selling trick in the book in addition to never getting a selling negative feedback and never having a low DSR rating or any mark against me. The prices of my items (with little or no competition on them) are the lowest prices on ebay with Best Offers on almost everything.  Something is definitely wrong (worse than usual). That search engine has to be one of the worst on the internet. Thank goodness after all of these years I'm finally almost out of stuff to sell. On the positive side from mid-October until a couple of days before Christmas is always the best time to sell on here so load up (hopefully this year won't be different). Hopefully I can sell everything by January.

Message 32 of 43
latest reply

i own 2500 shares of ebay and  2500 of paypal and u are so wrong as a stock holder we know alot more then any sellers ebay does not make deals with  chinese or asian markets and big box sellers are not your compeitors all they sell is mostly discountinued items why would they want to pay out commissions to ebay and the paypal and all those people that say ebay wants to get rid of the small sellers are dead wrong all ebay wants is for the sellers to take there business serious which so many little small people on here say all the time they dont care  about there ebay business even if its a hobby if u take the time to work the business it could turn into a full time business  we buy stock with our profits if u own stock u will always make money

Message 33 of 43
latest reply

Thank you very much for letting us know that as small sellers we do not take our ebay businesses serious enough from a shareholders point of view. I took my ebay business way too serious that it has caused high blood pressure, my hair to fall out and many stress related problems. The reason I have stressed so hard is what everyone is stating that our sales have dramatically fallen. I am doing much better now since I have realized I did the best I can do and most everyone is in the same boat I am. But I do thank you for letting me know I don't take my ebay business serious enough. That has definitely solved all the problems.
Message 34 of 43
latest reply

You're being absolutely disrespecful and rude !! I might be a small, AN EXTRA SMALL seller if you want to put it like that... BUT I TAKE THIS AS SERIOUSLY AS MY LIFE !.  THIS IS WHAT I LOVE TO DO, IT'S MY EVERYTHING !!

On the other hand since I came back from a ONE week holiday, (this is almost 2 weeks now), I've only sold 2 ITEMS !!!

DEPRESSING ! 

Not giving up but putting my eggs in many other baskets too.

Message 35 of 43
latest reply

Yea you are totally wrong.  We have a perfect ebay record, with never even a return or a negative. Built up a terrific following , sold and sold since 2001, and in 2012 averaged 50 views a day, and now lucky to get ONE view a day. And just so you know, because maybe you dont know. All  my customers are not here anymore . ALL on another site.  So If everyone I know is gone, including my favorite sellers, multiply that situation by millions, and that is what has happened to ebay. Pages and pages of chinese junk. Looked for some batteries today, got so exhausted looking thru all the foreign junk, walked away from the computer. Its the SEARCH engine. This site is so bogged down with rules, and a messed up search, it cant dig itself out. I'd sell that stock if i were you

Message 36 of 43
latest reply

I had a big drop in sales a couple of months ago, ongoing for a few weeks and then a buyer pointed out to me that the Priority Shipping was almost twice as high as the Economy shipping cost.  Buyers must click through to "details: to see additional ship methods, and they often do not realize this.  

I checked the USPS calcualtor on a few listings and sure enough Prioirty was actually showing about the amout for Express Priority cost-

I reported to eBay, "known issue, put a message in your listings, no eta on a fix..."  --I changed the ship method to only Economy for everything that I did not have Free or First Class, and sales picked up dramatically in a few days.  A week or so later I checked and eBay had fixed the problem, so I changed the Shipping policy back to offer both methods.

Well...sales have dropped off again over the last couple weeks and I discovered today from another buyer wondering why. Priority was $35 and Economy was $14 for their particular item, and of course all they saw was the Priority Cost.

So..you might want to check a few listings in this regards.

Message 37 of 43
latest reply

2015 has been my worst sales year ever
Message 38 of 43
latest reply

@rbg1818 wrote:

i own 2500 shares of ebay and  2500 of paypal and u are so wrong as a stock holder we know alot more then any sellers ebay does not make deals with  chinese or asian markets and big box sellers are not your compeitors all they sell is mostly discountinued items why would they want to pay out commissions to ebay and the paypal and all those people that say ebay wants to get rid of the small sellers are dead wrong all ebay wants is for the sellers to take there business serious which so many little small people on here say all the time they dont care  about there ebay business even if its a hobby if u take the time to work the business it could turn into a full time business  we buy stock with our profits if u own stock u will always make money

And just how right is ebay about conducting a serious business when they steal money out of a sellers account to give to a buyer who files a false claim stating they didn't receive an item, when they never even paid for it, to the tune of $500!! (see other thread here) That's not serious business, but it is a serious crime! So not only is the buyer rewarded for their con game, they're allowed to continue to be a predator on the site! Maybe this type of activity should be brought up at the next shareholders meeting. It's appalling!!

Message 39 of 43
latest reply

Not selling anything. No it's not normal.

Message 40 of 43
latest reply

@confitesuk wrote:

You're being absolutely disrespecful and rude !! I might be a small, AN EXTRA SMALL seller if you want to put it like that... BUT I TAKE THIS AS SERIOUSLY AS MY LIFE !.  THIS IS WHAT I LOVE TO DO, IT'S MY EVERYTHING !!

On the other hand since I came back from a ONE week holiday, (this is almost 2 weeks now), I've only sold 2 ITEMS !!!

DEPRESSING ! 

Not giving up but putting my eggs in many other baskets too.

When I look at your listings or go to your store - you have 0 listings - since you just got back from vacation - did you take your store off of vacation?

Message 41 of 43
latest reply

Necrothread from Sept 2015

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 42 of 43
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 43 of 43
latest reply