cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas of how to get more items?

Hello! It is Mo again

I would like to hear from the the long time sellers here with a lot of experience.

How do you get more products? how do You buy it? in pallets? Auctions? I am so confused, I tried to look for some solutions in the web but everyone is saying something different.

I want my bsuiness to grow, I am not here to make 100$ or 200$ I am aiming for much more.

If you can give me and the readers here some advices and some good tips for how we can grow our business here, I will really appreciate it!

Thank you for let me be here at the eBay community, I am so proud to be an eBay seller

Mo

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Any ideas of how to get more items?

don't think anyone is willing to disclose their sourcing methods.

Buy low, sell high - doesn't matter where/from whom, it's all about cost. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I agree with others, it is unlikely any of us will disclose sources as that would then dilute inventory available to us and/or more competition on Ebay.

You need to decide on a few categories of things that interest you and you are knowledgeable on and research them.  Find wholesalers you can purchase from at prices you can resale them for that gives you enough room for profit.

But very unlikely you are going to get easy answers here.

Just be VERY careful and vet any vendor you may be interested in to make sure they are a legit business.  

It does take time to find them.  I know it sure did for me.  But that is just part of the process.  You may buy by the pallet or by the box, it is going to depend on what products you are after and what your vendor has available.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

You've sold nearly 3,000 items so far.  Everything you have listed ships from the U.S. although you are located in Israel.   Your sales look healthier than those of many who post here. 

I looked at several pages of your listings, and the things you sell are nearly all completely outside my ken.  I doubt if one person in  a thousand would know where to obtain such inventory for resale.

I guess I have no idea what help you seek.

-

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@weldtronics 

I would think that running a search would find a lot of places to buy items that you sell.  Lots of companies may be liquidating, especially in your category.  Check it out, Mo.   

Happy Selling!

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Do you mean contact the companies and ask for surplus?

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@weldtronics wrote:

Where do you live?  Some areas of the land the border isn't far and where the border isn't far there are often warehouses chock full of merchandise that's be delisted.  Delisted products are no longer current products and its good idea to know what you or those around you are best in knowledge wise vs what markets (more or less this one) will bare.   Selling what you enjoy or know best of might not be you're best bet in making money.

Getting into delisted product channels requires two things, money, homework sometimes contracts.  Another area of supply are common GOOD pawn stores, they generally get items for dirt and as long as your walking in with significant cash they'll make bulk deals, same at flea markets.  I once waved $500 cash in the face of a lady at a flea market for a slew of N-Gauge trains she knew nothing of, neither did I except I recognized the fact they were imported.  Was worth near four grand.

You're traditional places folks on eBay find things in Goodwills or Yard Sales are all well and fine but ever so many pay and are stuck with things.  If you want sustainable, ability to really grow then its the delisted merchandise channels or creating you're own products.  Don't think the latter can't be done, I met a local lady some 10 years back that made her own soaps from all natural stuff and was doing $3000+ a weekend at a flea market and expanded into oil scents and stuff.  Sell all over the place even getting deals where others sell the stuff under their own brand.

On the way to camp fella has his family and him, make home made ice cream and its INCREDIBLE stuff.  Six days a week his ice cream trailer sits with a waiting line, he sells half pints for $9 and bam bam bam they go along with ice cream cones and the works.  Told me at a local festival it was so busy he had the entire family working the trailer and two tables, made $14,000 clear in eight hours having to send his wife and daughter home two times to restock.

Now as to getting into the delisted merchandise channels, dont look for the big guys to let ya' in the door.  First its the small guys, its dominoes.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I'm not saying!    😉

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I'm in a different line than you (books and media) so may have no insights unless it's also true in other categories that what used to be many and good sources of inventory are not anymore. Actually it was pretty darn easy to get lots of inventory. Now it's like sources just keep drying up.

For example after 23 years I just quit all my commissions because they were untenable. Then I gave up on catalogs where I used to get tons of good inventory but can't anymore due to their inflationary prices way out of line with current prices for (good)  books. Then another big source of inventory that kept me going through the Covid years is all but dead now, at least in this area.  

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@weldtronics wrote:

Good idea. Contact companies,  build relationships.  Make money for both.

Posting ID
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

You have over 1500 items for sale and youv'e sold a ton (over 3000 items)

Where are you getting your inventory?  I'd love to know.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

IMHO no successful eBay seller is going to teach you how to compete with them for inventory. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply