cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another order from Australia when I have them BLOCKED in preferences. WHY?????

USPS has suspended First Class Int. packages to Australia because of Covid. It's been that way for a couple months.

I just got my second order from there in a month when they are blocked in shipping preferences.
I've been lucky that both buyers have been co-operative when cancelling their orders, but none are happy about not being able to buy what they want.
I'm tired of making excuses for errors that are clearly not of my doing!

I'm not the first person to complain about this in here.
When do we get these stupid glitches fixed so I don't look like I'm incompetent and can concentrate on doing this job efficiently???

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Another order from Australia when I have them BLOCKED in preferences. WHY?????

I am in Australia and your items are not showing for me, so the shipping block is working.

My guess is the buyer is  using a US address (friend/family) or a freight forwarder to get the item sent here.

It is not a glitch, eBay blocks Shipping Address not the buyer address, so a FF or friend in US has a US shipping address that  cancels out the international blocks.

I refuse to send off shore, (I use problem with buyer address) but that is just me

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: Another order from Australia when I have them BLOCKED in preferences. WHY?????

I also don`t see that you ship to Australia; only 14 countries are on your list. Have no idea how someone from Australia (even with a friend in the US or elsewhere) can buy if Australia`s address is excluded. ebay keeps amazing me every day.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I appreciate you chiming in stating you can't see my items. Thanks.

However, in both instances where those two previous buyers got through with orders, I specifically asked them about having another address or a US connection and they both said no.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

If you haven't done so already  go here:  https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements  and block buyers whose primary shipping address is in a location I don't ship to.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

You can block foreign bidders with shipping addresses outside the USA, but you can not block foreign bidders who want shipping within the USA. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Yes, thanks. I already had those people blocked (for years, actually).

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I have been selling to AND SHIPPING TO Australia even in spite of the USPS block. There are other shipping alternatives. Why would you refuse to make a sale?

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@arisdisc wrote:

I appreciate you chiming in stating you can't see my items. Thanks.

However, in both instances where those two previous buyers got through with orders, I specifically asked them about having another address or a US connection and they both said no.

Perfect, you can go ahead and cancel with Problem with Buyers address, but be sure you check your solds first to check the international settings on each item, because this should NOT be happening.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 9 of 9
latest reply