cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another day another crazy return

I have a return request that makes no sense.  I went ahead it and sent them a label but it doesn't add up.  I sold an xbox 360.  In the listing I took multiple pictures of how the seal is intact. I took a picture of the serial number and wrote it in the description.

Here is the return request email

The label in photo one and the label in photo two seem to have been removed and then replaced for some extorted purpose. (Photo one and photo two are of an xbox system, no idea what they mean about labels, plus every seller knows you cannot change the uploaded pictures after a sale) console will not connect to the internet because the on screen message says there is no wifi adapter installed. these xboxes come with the adapter installed. the system screen shows that the internal 4gb harddrive is absent. the plug is not an original package power cord. (Not sure if the cord is original, the system was listed as used, with a picture of it working) the controller has buttons that seem to have been chewed on and the camera function during game play floats upward without anyone touching it. (Camera?  there isn't a camera in a xbox 360) and the battery pack wont hold a charge. (There is no battery in the system, it plugs into an outlet) the console has a passkey installed from a previous owner that I don t have, so I can t change any settings on the console. (not true)

So I just have to accept the return and see what they send me?  I contacted them twice asking for a picture of the unit and are they certain it is my system they want to return without an answer.  Shold I contact ebay now?  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Another day another crazy return

Xbox 360 does NOT have wifi built in. Never has.  That said, the drive he's referring to is the 4gb internal flash drive that is not removable easily. So it's likely it's defective. He's referring to the camera in the game itself. The gyro in the controller is probably bad.  He's referring to the battery pack in the controller.  The labels he's referring to probably means it looks like they were removed and put back which would have voided the warranty a long time ago. He probably means he's concerned it's been tampered with which sounds like it indeed was.

Aside from the wifi, sounds like you sold him a real piece of junk.  Unless you described all of the flaws and listed it as For Parts or Not Working, I don't see it as a crazy return at all.  You will most certainly lose any appeals to ebay.

My suggestion. Send him an apology email for missing the issues and offer a full refund including return shipping and thank him for his business. Or just refund him. The return shipping cost is worth more than the whole rig.

Change.....As the wind blows
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It seems to me that you really didn't know the product you were selling and its actual condition. Sorry to be so blunt about it. I always test my products before listing them, or list it As-Is As-Found. A customer has a right to a refund if purchasing a product which is, NOT AS DESCRIBED. The description needs to point out any known defects or anomalies, or just say that you don’t know, and remind the customer that the product is sold with no warranty whatsoever. Here you have a customer thinking that the product was in good operating condition and it was not. Or was it? Did you test it fully and describe it accordingly? Did you indicate that it was in USED Condition under the definition which means that it is in good working order. Sometimes USED has this ---- in its place, however used, normally means fully functional, as it should.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I tested it and took pictures of it working.    Then I  factory reset it.  Is it possible for them to be locked out ? 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@banana-posts wrote:

Xbox 360 does NOT have wifi built in. Never has.

Actually, the most recent model (the 360 E) DOES in fact have built-in wifi, so it's entirely possible that the buyer was telling the truth about that.  It's only the original 360 and the 360 S that need a separate wireless adapter.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply