cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Pop-Ups

For the past week, when I search for items on EBAY and get the same or similiar items as a pop-up's across the top of my screen.  Has anyone else experienced this?  If Ebay buyers are getting a similar reaction, this draws buyers away from EBAY.   

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Amazon Pop-Ups

These pop-ups are not coming from eBay!

You must have some malware affecting your browser.

Speaking of browsers, have you tried an alternate browser to see if you are sill getting the pops-ups? If not then you will know which browser is affected (it's possible the malware will affect all your browsers).

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

That other site has a type of toolbar that may be able to spy on your web browsing and suggest their listings.  I forget what it's called now, but check to see if you have installed it recently.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Thanks, I check that out.  

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Every time I get on Ebay the Amazon pop ups appear. I can't get rid of them.

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Me too. Very annoying.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

We are on vacation and I am on my iPad. I am getting a "spin for Amazon discount" several times a day. I figured it was coming from the resort wi-fi. Hard to get rid of when it pops up.

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Sa same pop ups here using iPad safari browser which isn't prone to malware?

any help on this topic?e

my guess something IN the sellers listings??

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

If you google Amazon Popups ipad  you'll find solutions..........

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

This seems to be only happening with iPad using Safari and using eBay search. The general consensus in the technical community is that ebay didn’t properly vet some of the paid ads they show and one of them is rogue, targeting iPads. 

When I get this, I close that ebay window and open another and it goes away for awhile. Highly annoying. Ebay, meanwhile, says it’s not their problem. Surely it’s driving away buyers. 

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

I can not get into eBay due to an Amazon gift card pop up

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

I am getting this too on my iPad. In fact, posted about it last night because of my frustration. Here’s what I found out...
How to get rid of it
Switch your iPhone or iPad into Airplane Mode.
Go to Settings > Safari and scroll down to Clear History and Website Data.
Once you've cleared the history, close the Safari app by double-tapping the Home button and swiping up on Safari.
Turn Airplane Mode off and restart Safari.
Message 12 of 24
latest reply

@hemlockgr8golden2rsk wrote:

I can not get into eBay due to an Amazon gift card pop up

Try using a different browser.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 13 of 24
latest reply

I think Tyler has already said that it was not an ebay problem (the source).......whatever the source there seems to be ways of getting rid of it, if people look....... I don't know what technical community you are speaking of, but I know these ads appear elsewhere and seem to be targeted at "selling" sites, which makes sense if they are trying to get buyers to click on Amazon to redirect to a nefarious site. 

@thevintagesilvershop wrote:

This seems to be only happening with iPad using Safari and using eBay search. The general consensus in the technical community is that ebay didn’t properly vet some of the paid ads they show and one of them is rogue, targeting iPads. 

When I get this, I close that ebay window and open another and it goes away for awhile. Highly annoying. Ebay, meanwhile, says it’s not their problem. Surely it’s driving away buyers. 

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

I think Tyler has already said that it was not an ebay problem (the source).......whatever the source there seems to be ways of getting rid of it, if people look....... I don't know what technical community you are speaking of, but I know these ads appear elsewhere and seem to be targeted at "selling" sites, which makes sense if they are trying to get buyers to click on Amazon to redirect to a nefarious site. 

@thevintagesilvershop wrote:

See those ads at the top of Ebay's home page and other places?  Companies pay Ebay to run those ads.  What Ebay has done is to take $ from a fake company who is serving up the re-direct.  Tyler just doesn't know. 

You can read more about it here:

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/01/malvertising-factory-with-28-fake-agencies-de...

Message 15 of 24
latest reply