cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazed Most Customers Never Leave Feedback Anymore

I give 100% with every sell. My items are packed professionally, ship same day and write out hand written note to every buyer. Sometimes, include free treats or gifts. No one is leaving feedback anymore. I always leave feedback for every buyer. In my opinion, someone spends money with you, you thank them. Most of my purchases the seller will say, we give 5 star feedback when you leave us feedback. Extortion in my opinion. Feel so unappreciated. One's that ask the most out of me, never leave me feedback.  

Message 1 of 76
latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

Re: Amazed Most Customers Never Leave Feedback Anymore

I almost always leave feedback, 99% of the time it's positive. The few times I don't want to leave feedback, are instances where something went wrong with an order and it got returned or cancelled, but these are very rare occurrences. It doesn't help that ebay keeps sending reminders to leave feedback on those like 2 instances where I don't have the item in my possession.

Overall, feedback is very important, especially when trying to check the trustworthiness of an overseas seller. Because it would be very difficult to return; say an expensive collectible that was imported to the usa from Japan, I would want to see if other buyers are having trouble recently with any broken parts or damaged goods, from that seller.

Most of the time you get great sellers, but you want to avoid any potential major problems, which is why I want feedback to stay.

I also believe buyers should be able to get negative or neutral feedback if they are constantly not paying or something similar, and this is coming from a buyer.

Message 46 of 76
latest reply

Yes, it is helpful for the sellers especially the newer sellers.  I buy and sell so I do check feedback when I buy something.  Thank you for taking the time to post feedback.

And I always leave feedback when someone buys from me.  Right after my labels print.  About half the time they don't for me, but I still do.  I always think the seller should post FB first .  When I buy items, if the seller don't post FB for me I will not buy from them again. It's a pet peeve of mine. I guess because I spent my entire adult life working retail and you ALWAYS thank the customer.

Message 47 of 76
latest reply

Agreed.

Plus it just isn’t fun anymore. Ebay is no longer new, and it’s less of a novelty. No one “bonds” with their sellers/customers anymore. It’s just business, and everyone is online now - can you imagine rating your Walmart purchase? Transactions here on the site are no longer unique personal encounters.

Message 48 of 76
latest reply

@blu_surfwear wrote:

FWIW, I would say about 40% of our transactions result in feedback.   

With 4,387 received, and only 76 left for others, why would your % received be of interest to anyone?

Message 49 of 76
latest reply

@edjgraphix1 wrote:

One of the reasons nobody leaves feedback anymore

Am I the only person who thinks it's bizarre that a seller could receive 60 feedback comments in the past month and still believe that "nobody leaves feedback anymore"?

Message 50 of 76
latest reply

For the most part,I agree with you.  But do you shop on any other internet sites? Do those sites offer the option of leaving FB for the seller? So why is it so important on eBay? 

Message 51 of 76
latest reply

The equivalent to FB on another site would be a website or business review found on a separate customer review website. Amazon has it's own product review thing and other versions of what may be considered a FB equivalent.

I have bought on other sites, but usually if you're looking for something specific or the best deal ebay might be the way to go. The importance is, FB acts as a sort of business or seller review.

Not all reviews or negative FB are legitimate quality however.

For example a person might complain the instructions for a product aren't in English, despite buying a foreign product like a plastic model or something similar.

It's those ridiculous kind of negative FB or really old ones that a buyer should take with a grain of salt and ignore. The focus should be on legitimate feedback left, and how recently the feedback was.

Message 52 of 76
latest reply

gjs_16
Guide

Speaking as a buyer, I lost interest in the whole feedback system a long time ago.

Message 53 of 76
latest reply

Well, since sellers cannot leave negative FB for buyers, no matter what, they might as well just slather on the praise.  

Message 54 of 76
latest reply

First you state that a seller's FB acts as a sort of business or seller review.

Then you state that FB should be taken with a grain of salt and some should be ignored.

The "focus should be on legitimate feedback left".  Do you have a secret way to separate the legitimate from the not-so-legitimate?  

And what difference does the age of the FB make?

Message 55 of 76
latest reply

Legitimate feedback, would be if a product was sent broken or significantly different from the listing description.

Illegitimate feedback is leaving a negative for minor insignificant things like a product being a slightly different shade of blue than expected, or complaining about a remote without batteries, despite the listing saying "batteries not included".

The reason age of feedback matters, is because a seller could have made a rookie mistake early on, and learned to be a better seller as time went on. Also in a specific instance, the pandemic caused major slowdown in shipping last year, causing many sellers domestic, and overseas to accumulate lots of negative FB from impatient buyers. 

Right now shipping on the world stage is getting relatively back to normal, so current feedback reflects this trend of being more positive and more accurate to how a seller usually performs without a pandemic.

Message 56 of 76
latest reply

I am much more a buyer than seller on eBay.  But when I do sell, I immediately leave solid feedback as a part of the same day packaging process.  And while I recognize that feedback is optional, would hope the sellers I purchase from choose to do that.  For me, I just don't automatically provide five star feedback to buyers.  I do give lesser number of stars if they do not meet what I think is reasonable to be considered top-tier service.  If they do not leave feedback, they will be knocked down in the communications category.  If they take a three or more days before they get the package to the postal carrier (not counting things like Sunday and holidays), that is not top-tier service.  If they charge shipping fees well above what it what it actually costs to mail, again not top-tier service.  Whatever product or service one provides in life, it sure seems it should be with done at a solid customer service level.

Message 57 of 76
latest reply

@kenmarks 

Again, thanks for posting. Other sellers may not have seen your post from a few days ago.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Sellers-who-won-t-leave-feedback/m-p/32155744#M363220

And from earlier today.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Amazed-Most-Customers-Never-Leave-Feedback-Anymore/m-p/3216429...

Don't buy from sellers with extended handling times.
Don't buy an item if you don't like the posted shipping/handling fees.
Paying is required and doesn't warrant feedback.

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 58 of 76
latest reply

@kenmarks wrote:

If they do not leave feedback, they will be knocked down in the communications category.

Received: 5,552

Given: 4,868

Thank you so much for letting us know how you evaluate sellers. That's very valuable info.

Message 59 of 76
latest reply

I feel your pain. I just made the biggest sale ever and tho I put same effort no matter what, due to expense paid, I put extra, extra effort into this items smooth and safe arrival. Nothing! No thanks. No appreciation for how awesome the item is! I had a much smaller sale folIowing this one. The same thing. I wouldn't know they received the item if not for checking tracking. Rude, low level people. I will not solicit them for FB either. 

Message 60 of 76
latest reply