cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternatives to GoDaddy now that it is canceling

GoDaddy cancellation.  This is a real mess!  I've been casting about for alternatives but they are difficult to find.  I tried Quickbooks but canceled it almost immediately.  The integration process is complicated and confusing if you don't know a lot about accounting, and I'm hearing that it only partially integrates with ebay and does not capture all of the expenses / info.  I also looked about about 12 other options I found for reseller bookkeeping, but almost all had no ebay integration, and the rest were just not sufficient or suited for me.

Today, in my searching, I came across a message board with two recommendations -- both of which are worth checking out!   One is "MyCostPro," which is a spreadsheet type bookkeeping.  It looks like it might be good for low volume sellers and it's priced about the same as GoDaddy.  The other is "My Reseller Genie," which is relatively new but looks extremely promising and I'm going to give it a try!  They have a video specifically addressing GoDaddy migrators at:  https://youtu.be/xL2FTckoM38

Helene

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Alternatives to GoDaddy now that it is canceling

I've always just a excel spreadsheet that I setup.  Everything has to be input manually but it does the job

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Have you tried both of these yet and if so which seems easier to switch to and use?  Can you connect them with ebay so transactions are recorded automatically like goDaddy?

thanks for the info

Samsoes

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Thanks. I came across my reseller Genie as well. Going to try this week

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

thanks for the options.  Right now I think I might just stay with Wave and do my own spread sheet.  Taxes will no longer be as easy, but unless there is a better alternative to GoDaddy, that's the way I will go.

Let us know how it works for you though.

Thanks

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Quickbooks has a real problem integrating with ebay for us. I have an investigation going to see if they can find out what the problem is. They MAY never be able to correct this. And , this is the alternative GoDaddy and ebay even has it as their preferred option ON the seller hub and it is not able to transfer ANY OF MY DATA. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Okay, so I did not try Wave yet. Not sure if I will.  I have been trying MyResellerGenie with mixed results.  GoDaddy was so easy and so seamless.  MRG is still a work in progress. 

First, it is an inventory based system, meaning that it completes the accounting by matching sales to inventory.  It will pull your existing inventory (i.e., your current listings) but it's not foolproof, so there is some manual matching / fixing needed along the way.  And if you have no inventory entry for something, you have to create one before it will import the sales information.

Second, while it does integrate with ebay, there are more steps involved than with GoDaddy and it takes a bit of getting used to.   l'd explain it better, but I'm not really clear on it yet myself.  It seems a bit complicated to me and I have to re-read how to do it.  Hopefully will get better as I go along.

Third - and this one is unfortunate - the way I was tracking Cost of Goods on GoDaddy was by manually entering a Cost of Goods line item for each of my sales.  Like just copy the title of what sold and input what I paid for it.  That way it can calculate my profit, etc.  But MRG does not allow for direct entries like that.  Instead, I can only input cost of goods if I open each inventory item and add it the details for that item.  Gets to the same ultimate result, but much faster with GoDaddy direct enter method.  Moreover, it wants to account for cost of goods in a more involved manner than GoDaddy.  So to get it to spit out the correct profit / loss info, I would pretty much have to go back thru all of my listings and put in the cost now, even before sale.  I'm not inclined to do that with 900 listings, so at this point I am not even using MRG for profit information.  Too bad -- it was nice having that handy with GoDaddy.  But I will just have to keep a spreadsheet for that outside of MRG.

Fourth - though MRG does integrate with ebay, for some reason it will record all of the transaction fees EXCEPT the listing fees (like the 25 cent fees).  So MRG generates a report of those listing fees, and then you have to manually enter it.  I think you can just enter it as a line item "Listing Fees" or something, but still trying to get the hang of that.

Fifth -- I have to say that Customer Service is TOP NOTCH!  This is a husband and wife team developing this product and they are EXTREMELY responsive to email questions.  They also have a variety of YouTube videos to walk you thru various aspects of the service.  An "all in one" guide would be great, but like I said, MRG is still a work in progress. 

Conclusion --  Overall, I will probably keep using it at least to automatically pick up sales amounts and ebay fees (but still need to manually add listing fees).  I will NOT likely use it for profit / loss information or to get a schedule C tax report.

I'm really torqued about Go Daddy discontinuing its service.  It was not perfect, but it was overall suited to my needs, less work, and better integrated.  Still searching for something closer to that service -- So if any of you have another suggested program, please share!!!

Helene 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Hi -- I tried to Reply to your question re did I try them out yet, but for some reason it did not post it as a reply to you, it posted as a stand alone comment (if I'm making sense).  Just wanted to let you know my reply is here -- but you might have to scroll to find it.  🙂

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Ok, So I loved Godaddy it was seamless as stated above. I tried Wave and several others including MRG but just did not fit my needs. I did find Finaloop which is an accounting software, that handles all of your financials. it does not include inventory tracking. Finaloop is an Amazing Bookkeeping and tax service for your eCommerce with exceptional cust service. Finaloop reconciles all your financial data 24/7, providing eCommerce tracking and flawless books, optimized tax returns, real-time financials, and actionable insights in a single dashboard. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

This thread is from 2022 any information in it is likely outdated and whomever you are replying to probably hasn't been in this forum in since this thread was created. 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Just for info, before the thread is locked........I used Go Daddy and now find the Ebay report to be just as good for income tax purposes........

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Before this thread is locked:

For those who loved and used GoDaddy Online Bookkeeping and are interested, check out SellerLedger.com. It was developed as a replacement for GoDaddy by Kevin Reeth, the developer of Outlook which became GoDaddy Bookkeeping back in the day.

I was one of the UNPAID consultants in the development of SL two years ago, and I absolutely love it. It was a real time-saver on my 2023 tax filings this year, and is automated just like GoDaddy was. Plus I really like the populated Schedule C parts I and II.

For those sellers who would only need about 10% of the expensive and confusing Quickbooks alternative, the best thing going is SellerLedger.com, which was developed with the needs of online sellers in mind. Check it out...

Cheers, Duffy

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply