cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Overseas Buyers Steal your product.

I have no Idea why Ebay wants to force Sellers to Sell Overseas.

Every Single Time I ship outside the country, other than Canada.  The Buyer opens an "ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED CASE"  100% of the time.  And they just steal what ever you send them.

They do it every single time.  Apparently EBAY's Trust Team tells everyone outside the USA that what ever they buy, they can get for free if they just open a case against the seller and say the item is not as described.

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: All Overseas Buyers Steal your product.

If all overseas buyers are stealing your product then why the heck are you shipping to overseas buyers ? No one forces you to ship items to them. When you set up your listings you need to block all overseas buyers and that is what solves your problem. This is not an Ebay problem but more of a problem with you not understanding how to not ship to overseas buyers.

Message 16 of 44
latest reply

I don't use GSP because it seems like a rip off. But I only ship to countries with delivery confirmation now. Except for Israel...I have never had a problem there.

Message 17 of 44
latest reply

@blokschmok_0 wrote:

I have no Idea why Ebay wants to force Sellers to Sell Overseas.

Every Single Time I ship outside the country, other than Canada.  The Buyer opens an "ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED CASE"  100% of the time.  And they just steal what ever you send them.

They do it every single time.  Apparently EBAY's Trust Team tells everyone outside the USA that what ever they buy, they can get for free if they just open a case against the seller and say the item is not as described. 

1) eBay has never, ever, "tried to force" me to sell overseas. I do it because I want to. 

2) I have been selling overseas for well over a decade, and in my last 100+ overseas shipments I have not had a single person claim 'Item not received". 

3) I have never heard before that eBay's Trust Team "tells people" outside the USA to steal items. What makes it "apparent" to you that this is happening? 

Message 18 of 44
latest reply

I've had thousands of overseas transactions and they are far more courteous, patient, and welcoming than a-whole American buyers.   

The only major issue I've ever had was an Italian opened a Paypal dispute, returned the $200 item, and instead of sending the item sent me a wood block (it was a guitar body).  Only major issue I've ever had. 

Other than many of them always bugging about declaration values.  

Message 19 of 44
latest reply

I've never had a problem selling overseas.

Message 20 of 44
latest reply

I  lost over $700 to one scammer last year, but foreign sales are the bulk of my business. On a good week my domestic business is $40. Usually it's $20.  The only reason I stay on Ebay is foreign sales which are still pretty strong.  You're going to get screwed once in awhile. Just part of the cost of doing business. And reading these message boards make me think a lot of you should not be operating businesses.

Message 21 of 44
latest reply

What if I said someone not having the guts to post with their selling id and making defamatory statements about buyers is the problem, not their foreign customers?

In 17 years and close to 7.000 purchases, probably less than 10 of them in the country I live in, I only ever opened ONE SNAD claim and the last Item not Received claim was about seven years ago with an average of about 650 purchases a year.

Anyone making a defamatory blanket statement about my honesty and that of 500 million potential customers in the European Union alone would deserve a letter from my lawyer

Message 22 of 44
latest reply

Of topic

I know where Norway is...My Dad's parents emigrated from Norway in the late 1800's. I live in Minnesota. Many towns here are completely Norwegian. The one I live in is. Some are very Good cooks who cook Norwegian food. I look forward to lutefisk at Christmas and rolepulsa.  (mispelled) 

Message 23 of 44
latest reply

The simple solution is to NOT sell overseas, set you eBay for US shipping ONLY

Set your Paypal to accept US payments ONLY

I don't sell overseas because I signed an agreement with the US Goverment that I would not do so.

I buy & sell US Military Tools and they forbid foreign sales!

Message 24 of 44
latest reply

Chiaretta,

You have more than 8 thousand posts on these boards.  Your obviously getting paid to spend most of your day trolling anyone who has an issue with getting screwed over by ebay and making them look bad.

This is just like the Fake news on TV.  Nobody beileves that any of you Shills are actually real sellers.

It would take 8 to 10 hours per day devoted to doing nothing but posting messages for all of you shills who have tens of tousands of posts on here to accomplish that.  That would leave you no time to actually sell anything.

Don't pretend like you serial posters with thousands and thousands of posts aren't actually working for EBAY.  Because nobody believes you.

Message 25 of 44
latest reply

Actually, very FEW believe anyone here works for eBay. It's usually those who disagree with you that are accused of being eBay employees. And it's just so old to do that.

Message 26 of 44
latest reply

I have periodic international sales (mostly Europe and Asia) and never had any problems and the transaction went on without a hitch.  

I sell internationally because I choose to.  But if I ever choose not to I would simply set my account paramaters to not sell internationally -- easy fix..

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 27 of 44
latest reply

If the glove doesn't fit, don't wear it!

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 28 of 44
latest reply

I don't sell international but I do have international buyers. Very simple, when a buyer overseas contacts me to see if I will sell to them I give them information on freight forwarding compnies here in the us. Cheaper the eBay program and they buy in US funds so I don't get to pay the conversation rate.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 29 of 44
latest reply

@blokschmok_0 wrote:

Chiaretta,

You have more than 8 thousand posts on these boards.  Your obviously getting paid to spend most of your day trolling anyone who has an issue with getting screwed over by ebay and making them look bad.

LOL. Chiaretta has been posting since 2009. 8,000 posts in 8 years is a whopping 3 per day.

Message 30 of 44
latest reply