cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert: Your 100 Free Fixed Price Listing offer RSVP

I was wondering what is going on and if anybody else got this email from ebay. On May 3, I got  a promo offer for 100 Free Fixed Price Listing and clicked on it the link is below for you all to check out. 

http://pages.ebay.com/promo/lcp/100Fixed.html

The problem is that several hours after getting the promo I got this message from ebay about there promo offer for the 100 free fixed price listing. I have copied the entire email from ebay below for all to read. Can anybody explain what is going on here. It can be read many different ways including that you could list up to 50 items beyond all your free allotments and get it credited back? Really confused with it.

eBay Seller ProtectioneBaySeller CenterSell NowSell On MobileHi dccomic,
We are reaching out to alert you of a technical issue related to the promotion, "7 days, no insertion fees: 100 extra fixed priced listings!" for which you recently RSVP'd (Reference Code 103817).
Currently, the 100 free fixed price listings offered during this promotion are applied only after your standard 50 free listings have already been used. This was not the intent of the promotion.
To ensure that your free monthly listings allotment will not be impacted as you list during this promotion, we will be crediting your May invoice for up to 50 insertion fee charges.
We apologize for any inconvenience this error has caused. Thank you for selling with eBay.
Sincerely, eBay Seller Team
Additional Credit Information You will receive a Credit on your May Invoice for up to 50 fixed price or auction format listing fee charges incurred between May 1, 2017 at 00:00:01 PT (12:00AM plus one second) and May 31 at 23:59:59 PT (11:59PM plus 59 seconds). The Credit will not apply to final value fees or optional advanced listing upgrade and supplemental service fees. Fees for optional listing upgrades (such as reserve price, Gallery Plus, listing in 2 categories, etc.) will not be credited.
The Credit will not apply to insertion fees in the following categories: eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, Power Sports, Other Vehicles, Motors Local Market, Real Estate, Classified Ad listings, Heavy Equipment, Concession Trailers & Carts, Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment, and Commercial Printing Presses.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Oh, yeah.......ebay couldn't give directions to the corner store on the same street. 

I would guess it's free for 150 listing (fP) for the month of May, but agree it could be read as another 50 charged, then credited after that. 

alan@ebay

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Ebay is admitting that they made a mistake by taking the listings off your 50 free listings before the promo.  So they are allowing sellers who activated the promo to list up to 150 free listings (50 monthly and extra 100 promo) by May 8 when the promo ends. 

And then because you have already used your 50 free monthly listings due to their error - they will allow you to list up to 50 more items during May - you will be charged the listing fee at the time of listing but your account will receive a credit for the the listing fees.    That is probably the simplest way to "fix" the problem, but one should check to make sure the promised credit is received by month's end. 

If you did not activate the promo with a RSVP by May 3 - it probably disappeared.  

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Does anyone who:

A - Has been affected by this

and

B - Has started to list their 50 "make up for our error" listings know

if the credit for each listing fee is being posted  on their account immediately after they are charged the listing fee ..... OR ..... is the credit going to be posted on our account only at the end of May ?

Thank You.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I'm pretty sure they said the credit would be on the May invoice.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

fwiw - I just checked and even though I had activated it, it is has vanished from my expired "offers" section, so no way to prove you got this offer and get your credit.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I just checked my May invoice and there are  no credits for the listings..what a bunch of bull

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Got the promo also and waited for my May invoice...no credits for the listings as they stated..**bleep**

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

The credits will not come until after May 31st period, this means you pay for the 50 listings now and get credit later.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I guess I just don't trust them 🙂

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@bumper53534 Your May invoice (ie for May sales & fees) comes in June

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I waited a few days into June and called Ebay today.  Note, Ebay doesn't give you a prompt for Call Help for Fee's as they may be a bit busy.  I went to "Account Restrictions" and was able to get a Call Box Pin.  I was passed to a second operator that informed me that they are waiting for direction from the "Higher Up's" on this issue and they are aware of it.  I informed them a 2nd email with more info would be nice and probably save them the hassle of all the calls.  It will be credited but they cannot say when.  DM

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I am waiting for a call back about no credit for the special 100 free fixed price listings.  Yes you would think they would have sent out an email since they are probably getting a lot of calls about this.  the wait time is over 40 minutes

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Well, just got the call back and when I answered, I was told that the system is experiencing technical difficulties and to please try again later!
Not sure if I should call back or wait until tomorrow
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I received the same email as dccomic on May 3rd.

It clearly states in bold text, "we will be crediting your May invoice for up to 50 insertion fee charges."

Thinking that seems pretty clear, I went ahead and listed 15 more items May 9th - 22nd (after my 50 free for the month were incorrectly used up first).  I expected that the $4.50 for the insertion fees for those 15 items would be credited back to me on the May invoice.

Got my May invoice today.  Reviewed it carefully.  I do NOT see the promised credit for the (in my case) $4.50 in insertion fees.

Same as everyone else?

Message 15 of 15
latest reply