cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After selling for more than half a decade, with outstanding Performance what do I get? A Restriction

I have no Idea, everything in my Performance seems good. Except that after this restriction my " Tracking Uploaded  on time " become from 94 Percent to 88 Percent. While this was not the Evaluation Period. I was just evaluated 4 days ago. And I tracked the Items that were deemed as " no carrier scan ". They are about to get delivered. Please advise folks! 

Dear high-quality-specimens,

eBay regularly evaluates the accounts of eBay seller. In relation to your account, we have noticed that your account performance and activities may cause a risk to eBay community. To protect the eBay community, we have applied the following restrictions to your eBay account in accordance with the eBay user agreement and eBay policies:
(a) Your selling privileges are restricted. Consequently, you will neither be able to create new listings nor revise your existing listings on any eBay site; and (b) Your payments have been placed on hold.
Restriction reason: High risk selling.
The safety of our community is a top priority for us. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
Regards,
eBay 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: After selling for more than half a decade, with outstanding Performance what do I get? A Restric

Same here...

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Re: After selling for more than half a decade, with outstanding Performance what do I get? A Restric

I'm now living in my truck thanks ebay

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I didn't read your entire rant, just the title. It doesn't matter how long you've been selling here and what kind of track record you have, rules and rules and they should apply to everyone equally. I have been selling here twice as long as you should the rules be any different for me?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I have not broken any rules, please read my " Rant ". 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

When you ship you should up load tracking and receive an acceptance scan within your handling time. When you fail to do this you receive defects.

The 20th of the month is the evaluation day for all sellers

Tracking uploaded and validated:

For this requirement, ebay looks at your transactions during the past 3 months.( Evaluation period) 
Your buyers may be receiving their items soon but you didn't ship within your stated handling time. 
If your handling time is 1 day you need to ship within 24 hours. Upload tracking and get the orders scanned within your handling time. 
Monitoring and improving your seller performance 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@high-quality-specimens 

It is important to understand the evaluation period for sellers.  We are all eval'd on the 20th of each month for the period ending the Previous month.

So the eval on March 20th was for the period ending February 29.  And whatever the finds of the eval are becomes effective for each seller on the first of the following month, in this case April 1st.

With your eval showing you have some issues, then whatever status they told you about in the eval will be effective on April 1st for you.

I always advise seller to be reviewing their Seller Dashboard at a minimum of once a week.  I review mine more often than that.  If you had been doing this, you would have seen this problem growing larger and larger on your Seller Dashboard and maybe even be able to head off the problem.

https://sellerstandards.ebay.com/dashboard?region=US

Since you are an international seller, the rules on this are stricter for you.  This could end up being a big issue for you, especially if you are getting some INRs too.  So be very careful.

https://export.ebay.com/en/regulations/ebay-policies/shipping-performance-policy-item-not-received-r...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

You are in Pakistan and this is mainly a US seller discussion forum so I am not familiar with your postal system or the tracking process nor can I see the details of your metrics. Your account is only restricted as opposed to suspended but there are a couple of things you may want to consider. 

Your funds have been put on hold, who knows for how long, but you still have 91 items listed. You may want to consider ending those items if any of them sell you are going to have to pay to ship them and eBay is going to simply add any remaining funds to the pot that is on hold. 

You may need to contact eBay through one of the social media sites to find out how you get the restriction lifted and what they are going to do with the held funds. How they handle those in Pakistan may be different from what it is in the US. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@trevosmole-0 wrote:

I'm now living in my truck thanks ebay

How is that Ebays fault?

Get a job if you have to.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@high-quality-specimens 

Sorry for your situation. You have a beautiful shop.  I work with semi precious gemstones, so am familiar with your inventory.  Very nice.

What you can do is reach out on social media via Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/ebayForBusiness/

These agents are US CS eBay employees and may better serve you and your situation.  Many positive posts with their ability to be helpful.  In the past they were helpful concerning my issue at hand.  Give it a try...it might be worth it.

Good luck to you!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply