cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adult only item verification

Adult only item verification I have noticed eBay has switched some of my listings as adult items with no photo.

When I search other items seller has for sale item is listed but it shows with no photo Adult only item.
For example I sold a novelty bill of Jesus Christ and I sell baseball card and currency sleeves and those listings will show Adult only item

I called eBay twice and I was told there was a bug in the system and they are checking on it but I'm losing sales.

Anybody out there has the same problem with some of their listings have been switched Adult only item.
And when you go on eBay search using the item number or title nothing comes up.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Adult only item verification

You are not the only one experiencing this issue. There have been several threads today about it.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Why-are-my-listings-requiring-adult-verification/m-p/27897627#...

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Im seeing the same thing....I sell both historical and genealogical books on DVD and about 30 of my 464 ads changed to "Adult Verification" early this morning.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I have the same issue. All my items show Adult Verification Required and invisible in searches. Contacted Ebay several times. Thy told me several different reasons, but not that it was a bug. I do not have almost any sales. Only some of my followers kook to my items...Frustrating.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

im having the same problem. im loosing out on a lot of sales. my sales have been cut in half if not more. i knew that it did it to me when i look at my own page but i did not know my buyers where experiencing the same thing i saw until a buyer just now told me that my non-adult auctions require an adult only login. please ebay fix this its causing major problems with my business. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@nicks-odditiques wrote:

im having the same problem. im loosing out on a lot of sales. my sales have been cut in half if not more. i knew that it did it to me when i look at my own page but i did not know my buyers where experiencing the same thing i saw until a buyer just now told me that my non-adult auctions require an adult only login. please ebay fix this its causing major problems with my business. 

Hi Nicks, sorry to hear this. Wanted to let you know this is a member -to -member board and eBay will not see your post. To get satisfaction you may have to call Customer Service and complain. 

To get help from other members here, it is okay to start a new thread on the subject where people will see your post and be able to contribute. Buried at the bottom of an old thread fewer members will read it or none at all. I hope you are able to find a resolution to this problem, and wish you the best of luck.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@nicks-odditiques wrote:

All I can add is I saw a few of your items that did not show adult, and wondered why they weren't especially the bondage one, and you have several showing women tied up, so I can just imagine what the other ones are.

From what I see they all belong in the adult section as bondage  photos do not belong here, imo.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply