cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account restricted, Need help from a Ebay representative, please.

My account was restricted over 2 months ago for a nonspecific reason, I was requested to upload identification documentation, and I uploaded the needed documentation immediately I was then told my account would be reinstated or a decision would be made in 3 days.

Since then I have been contacting customer service representative managers almost weekly and have been told that the back office department that deals with account restrictions have been ignoring their requests and emails about my account and many others. They say their hands are tied and they see no reason why my account should be restricted.

I have been told by customer service managers that they have been having this problem with many account holders calling in daily and they have no power to help them, there is nothing that can be done. I have had this account with no problems for almost 9 years, I would really like someone with eBay to look into this as I have done all I can do and I really don't want to have to start over with a new account with no ratings...

If someone could notify some helpful representatives for me that would be great.

Thank you for your time.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Account restricted, Need help from a Ebay representative, please.

Contact eBay for Business on Facebook. They are actual eBay employees that are willing to help, rather than just make up stories.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@prin-real 

Have you tried reaching out on social media:

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ 

These are US customer service agents who are actually employed by ebay.  The one's Ebay supplies us with are outsourced contract labor, located overseas.  They have no knowledge of selling on Ebay.  They read from scripts and as you pointed out, give out false or incorrect info to move you along.  They don't care about your problems because it's not their problem.  

There have been many positive posts here on the forum with their ability to be helpful. 

Try and see if that can help you.

Good luck. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

It's not a made-up story, everything I said is 100% true and if a representative looks into it I'm sure they would confirm so.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thank you, I will give them a try, I thought they would be the same as the agents on the phone so I didn't even attempt it before.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I did not mean that you were making up stories, but rather that the phone agents were, rather than actually helping. lol

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

ohhh, ok thank you.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@prin-real 

Wishing you a good outcome.  

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@prin-real wrote:

It's not a made-up story, everything I said is 100% true and if a representative looks into it I'm sure they would confirm so.

The poster was saying eBay CSR makes up stories, not you. That's why contacting them on Facebook is a good idea.

We believe your story, we read it here every day.

C.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply