cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 DAYS STRAIGHT, one time payment seller fees is broke WHAT THE IS GOING ON HERE!

can't pay seller fees using one time payment

which is how I always pay

CS admits it is broken and has been for "a while"

they are "working on it"

won't list problem on site because " it is an internal issue"

my fees are due in a few days and I can not pay them!

my back up method is empty--not an option.

does anyone know a work around?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: 5 DAYS STRAIGHT, one time payment seller fees is broke WHAT THE IS GOING ON HERE!

You can try logging in to your account using the Canadian site and

see if it for you works there.

https://www.ebay.ca 

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Re: 5 DAYS STRAIGHT, one time payment seller fees is broke WHAT THE IS GOING ON HERE!

I had no issues 2 days ago.   I assume you've already tried changing browsers/devices

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Ebay wants access to take fees from paypal without your prompting. I had over a month of this problem wouldnt accept credit card either. Only kept prompting me into making paypal my auto payment source.
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

yep tried all things
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

at can't be it now becouse they admit that paypal one time payments won't work either

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@jdbok wrote:

at can't be it now becouse they admit that paypal one time payments won't work either

It was working fine on 3 Feb because I made a one-time payment.

What happens when you try the direct link?   https://pmtapp.ebay.com/otp?session=

This might not work at all without the session ID, but try it and see.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

thanks but same thing
We ran into a problem. Please try again later.

I tried dif cards dif computer dif search engine
customer rep , supervisor
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I still can't make a payment and have one day to pay

ve been told they won't suspend my account but I wont be able to list which I need to do for the weekend

how can this be going on so long

and they want us to have managed payments?

they can't even take a credit card payment?

does anyone know a work around 

I have tried different computers diff cards chrome explorere and firefox

us and canada

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

well still can not make credit card payment

will accept paypal but I moved all of my fee money last week to the cards to pay my fees so I am fckd

the broken record post'

does anyone know a work around?

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Only thing I can think of would be to open a paypal working capital loan but it would be spendy since you may have to borrow about a grand or so minimum and it may cost about $13 or so (Idk) to borrow it.  Then they take 30% of your sales (well they don't take it, you pay it back) until it is paid off or you can make manual payments either from your sales or whatever you do not use I guess would work too.  After you apply the money is there right away.  It's like magic.  boom, done.

It may seem drastic but if you have good credit that may be an answer if there is no other way.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

thank you for the suggestion

I am knee deep in a working capital loan already!

( its my 4th--I don't know how I'm going to source when managed payments become mandatory?)

since my fees are due tomorrow I tried to switch my backup payment to the credit card with $ and that won't work either

it gives me the same error no matter what card or bank account I try to change it to--sorry  try again

so I did the worst I transferred the money from the card at who knows what interest rate for cash transfer to my bank and paid the fees through paypal the only thing it will let me do.

still short about 30$ so I have no idea if that will block me from listing

I have never been late with payment never ever!

I am furious that ebay did nothing to help me--I've been their customer since I think 98

I built this thing.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I hear ya, I have working capital and paypal credit going right now. It is a huge balancing act (now for my next trick...)

I get it, it can be soo frustrating to have to fix a stupid problem that is someone else's fault really. I hope you can get it sorted out.
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

I made a one-time payment on 2/6 and it worked okay.  But the screens are all different from the way they were before which means, as usual with eBay, they put something into production without a thorough test!

@jdbok  I was planning to use my Paypal balance to pay the fees so I did select Paypal.  In the recent past, if you selected Paypal it automatically took the money out of your Paypal preferred payment method and if the money wasn't there it would go to your backup source.  But, this time it brought up a screen first (similar to the screen I see when I print labels), where it brought up all my defined payment methods from Paypal including credit cards and bank accounts and would have allowed me to pick a different source other than my Paypal preferred payment method if I wanted.

If you have credit cards in Paypal it may now let you select them, but I am concerned that it wouldn't work that way for you.  I think if you change your Paypal preferred method to your credit card, it would go there first.  Maybe try paying only $1 first to see if it works that way before doing the total amount due.  Please, I don't want to cause a problem for you so only do this if it makes sense to you and you want to take the chance with the $1 payment.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@csbbct wrote:

I made a one-time payment on 2/6 and it worked okay.  But the screens are all different from the way they were before which means, as usual with eBay, they put something into production without a thorough test!

@jdbok  I was planning to use my Paypal balance to pay the fees so I did select Paypal.  In the recent past, if you selected Paypal it automatically took the money out of your Paypal preferred payment method and if the money wasn't there it would go to your backup source.  But, this time it brought up a screen first (similar to the screen I see when I print labels), where it brought up all my defined payment methods from Paypal including credit cards and bank accounts and would have allowed me to pick a different source other than my Paypal preferred payment method if I wanted.

If you have credit cards in Paypal it may now let you select them, but I am concerned that it wouldn't work that way for you.  I think if you change your Paypal preferred method to your credit card, it would go there first.  Maybe try paying only $1 first to see if it works that way before doing the total amount due.  Please, I don't want to cause a problem for you so only do this if it makes sense to you and you want to take the chance with the $1 payment.

@jdbok   Just to make sure I was clear on the steps for this:

1.   Go into Paypal and change your "preferred payment method" to your credit card

2.  Go into eBay's one-time payment screen and put $1 in for the payment amount (to test this)

3.  Select Paypal as your payment method

4.  It may bring up a screen where you can select any of your Paypal payment methods, but if it doesn't I believe it will go to the credit card you now have selected as your "preferred payment method" in Paypal

Again, I don't want to cause any problems for you so be sure this is something you're okay to test out with $1 first.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply