cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 extra item specifics now required in Music Cassettes category??!!! Another glitch already?

eBay will not allow new listings or revisions in the Music > Cassettes category without 4 newly "required" item specifics. I looked at the new item specifics requirements effective October 15, 2019 for that category, and only one new item specific (Artist) is listed. I cannot find any policy stating that the other 3 item specifics (cassette condition, inlay condition and case condition) are required (looked through the full list multiple times). I am including screen images taken on October 18, 2019 of the list published by eBay of changes to the item specific requirements for the category, and the sell your item page where additional specifics are listed as required. Any help would be appreciated.

2.jpg1.jpg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: 3 extra item specifics now required in Music Cassettes category??!!! Another glitch already?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/FRIDAY-OCT-18-UPDATE-Technical-issues-reported-in-Seller...

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: 3 extra item specifics now required in Music Cassettes category??!!! Another glitch already?

This link..

https://ir.ebaystatic.com/pictures/aw/pics/sc/listing/affected_categories.pdf

The new required IS for cassette tapes that that you are referring to are shown on page 16. 

This link was posted in Post #9 in this thread....

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Oct-15-new-requirements-for-item-specifics/td-p/30297655

Is it even possible that there are multiple charts circulating? It's ebay, so yeah, I wouldn't be a bit surprised. Ebay links are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are gonna get.

Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Looks like there are multiple charts circulating, the one I found looked very different. Thanks for the link!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Why are they singling out cassettes anyway? I don't see changes like this for the other music categories. "Artist" is not always easy specify with many music genres like classical for example (cannot list 30 performers in artist area, and an opera cast or choir is not exactly 'various artists'). And "case condition" is a ridiculous requirement considering that most cassettes come in generic plastic jewel cases that are replaceable just like CD cases. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Well, considering they used Julio Iglesias as an example artist, what can you expect?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

have you tried n/a..........non applicable to see if that's acceptable?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)
Hi everyone! Join us here at 3 pm PT today where we will be joined by Ron from the Structured Data team to give us an update on the ongoing Seller Hub and Item Specifics issue. Ron will let us know the current status as well as address your questions. Please know that because this is a developing situation we may not have exact answers but it’s important we get your input and update you with all necessary information.
Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 8
latest reply