cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Wish List for eBay

Um, eBay? For 2020, can we have some site changes that are REALLY needed and not just cosmetic changes to keep your programmers busy?

Let's start with honest to gawd traffic reports, like the old Omniture reports (at the barest minimum).   You have yet to deliver on this, despite promising them to us for over 4 years now, ever since you dumped Omniture.  Kinda hard to plan a business when one has no idea of the traffic.   I used to be able to see sales by day and do comparisons to a wide variety of prior periods. This was especially helpful in determining what to list and when.  The current reports are a useless joke.

Then let's move to a fees and sales report that shows sellers everything - sales, taxes collected and remitted, postage expense, eBay fees, etc. Amazon does this for their sellers  so I know it can be done.   Even better, the Amazon reports are up-to-date daily - I already have the December 2019 and 2019 annual reports from my Amazon accounting clients.  For eBay, my clients had to give me weekly reports and manually figure out sales for 12/29-12/31.  Really, eBay? This is the best you can do?  eBay sellers should not have to look at every individual sale to obtain amounts paid for shipping and sales tax.

Oh, and every sellers favorite wish - arbitration in false SNAD cases so we at least have a fighting chance.  I honestly don't expect anything from this wish, but there's no reason under the sun as to why you can't give us sales reports and traffic reports.  No. Reason. At. All.

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: 2020 Wish List for eBay

& how about immediate payment after best offer is accepted! All other platforms take money out of buyers account when offers are accepted.

Agree on total's on sales. Total for sales in summary shouldn't include shipping costs, when buyer is paying for shipping. Some of us do not play the "free shipping," game trying to fool buyers into thinking shipping is actually free. Not to mention it's against the law to tack on amounts to the price and say a buyer is getting free shipping, as most platforms are recommending sellers to do.
Also really block PITA buyers from being able to message even if they've sent offers or prior messages. This **bleep** of them still being to message after offers and getting one message in is **bleep**.
Also actually enforce policies on people who go around buyers blocks and use other accounts to make purchases. Follow the policies and enforce those that are set not just against us sellers but also the buyers. Too many policies are in place & are not being followed against buyers, who most of the time happen to be sellers themselves.
Message 2 of 36
latest reply

A few years back they were beta testing a new idea with BO. The BO didn't count as a sale till the buyer paid. Some buyers must have cried about losing out on items they didn't win/pay for though. Typical of eBay to take a good idea and ruin it.

Good luck getting them to stop buyers from circumventing BBL and site restrictions. They will stop a seller in a heartbeat, but turn a blind eye to buyers breaking the rules.
Message 3 of 36
latest reply

It would be a dream come true if eBay could implement some worthwhile accounting functionality. I don't think the higher ups are smart enough to realize the time we spend on accounting could be used to get more stuff on eBay's broken site.
Message 4 of 36
latest reply

I'd like to see real seller protection against scamming buyers who: 

• make false Not As Described claims 

• return something other than the item they bought 

• return items they have damaged 

• circumvent Blocked Bidder lists 

• otherwise violate eBay's stated policies

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

For those who don't sell on Amazon, attached is a sample report. Notice ALL the detail.

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

And eBay's version of a sales report.....

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

I wish ebay would pay attention to what sellers tell them is needed.
Message 8 of 36
latest reply

ebay the Diner's club of internet sales venues.

Message 9 of 36
latest reply

Decent reports would be a bit farther down on my IT wish list.  

They need to first install a fully functional search engine that shows buyers what they are actually looking for  and fix all the recurring glitches on a timely basis.  

Getting rid of mandatory GTC and promoted listings are probably little more than wishful thinking.  

Message 10 of 36
latest reply

But since we are just wishing - it would be nice to make the US site an actual US site and give the sellers who aren't actually in the USA  their own site.  

Message 11 of 36
latest reply

NOMOREBUGS.jpg

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 12 of 36
latest reply

I agree that we need better stats and reporting - and I'm surprised we don't - it seems the most basic of requirements for any business.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 13 of 36
latest reply

Improve search

Stop advertising other items on one’s listings

Crack down on KW spamming

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

Good traffic reports would be helpful, and it would be a win-win for ebay as sellers adjust their strategies accordingly.  

Message 15 of 36
latest reply