cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Spring Seller Update - Wed, Feb 26

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

📌 It's a busy week here at eBay HQ, so be sure to stay connected! Tomorrow at 11 am PT is our first virtual Seller Town Hall right here on Community, and on Wednesday, we release our Spring Seller Update. The dedicated discussion boards for the Seller Update will go-live shortly after we post the Seller News article.

image.png

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: 2020 Spring Seller Update - Wed, Feb 26

eBay must me aware there are those of us who will be leaving eBay when managed payments become mandatory. I have been an eBay member since 1998 and have been totally satisfied managing my own money through PayPal. When you force me to use managed payments, I will be closing my eBay store and closing both my eBay accounts. I have discussed this with other sellers who plan to leave also. Personally, I believe this will be final downfall of eBay. I know it will be over for me.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

I agree, the roll-out of 'Managed Payments', will make me totally shut down my eBay account. I used to have a store and 1000s of items and I once made quite a bit of  money on this site. Then over time my sales fell month by month by month until the monthly cost of running the store versus sales didn't make fiscal sense, so I closed the store and took a break from selling on eBay for a couple of years, while re-building my business on another site.

Now I'm down to a minimal amount of listings on eBay (mostly music memorabilia I am unable to list on the other site I sell on) so if they try to move me into their new 'Managed Payments' system, I'm out of here totally, both as a buyer and seller. I think this is a VERY foolish move on their part.

The end of eBay?

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Big change I have seen is its now taking 21 days for me to get funds for a sale. And I don't have any bad reviews or a new account. I have had my account for over 6 months or so. Because of this I may have to cancel because I don't have their shipping funds to send them the product. Irony!

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

If ebay's goal was to make it difficult for sellers to clearly see the changes and to discuss the updates this time around, they certainly succeeded.  More convoluted clicking and searching and trying to find a coherent discussion than I care to waste my time with.  Oh well.  It's been months since I've uploaded anything new to ebay due to their draconian policies, diminished sales and so forth.

Hope I'm not surprised too many times when I bump into whatever measures and hoops they've instituted this time around.  

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

What other sit e?
Message 20 of 20
latest reply