cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Negative Feedbacks from overseas buyer Within SECONDS of eachother (I DO NOT SHIP OVERSEAS)

I do not ship overseas, ebay options clearly set to US buyers only. Listing clearly states i only ship within the USA.

Listing goes up within minutes it sells, buyer is using a freighter forwarding address to a china. 

The order is cancelled and buyer quickly refunded.

Item is listed again, within seconds another purchase. Different account same address.

Ther order is cancelleda nd buyer quickly refunded.

I receive 2 negative feedbacks within seconds.

I call ebay up and they tell me that it doesn't matter if I only choose to ship to USA, because they're using freighter forwarding companies I'm forced to ship it to them and the feedbacks will remain. They full acknowledge that this forwarding shipping address scam happens all the time, but they will not remove the feedback because they're using an american address... 

Are you kidding me? I'm honestly so done with ebay, it's not even funny. I can't even bring myself to be upset how asinine this is.. 

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

2 Negative Feedbacks from overseas buyer Within SECONDS of eachother (I DO NOT SHIP OVERSEAS)

Chna, Russia, Africa and the Middle East has always been problematic for ebay sellers.  European problematic countries include, italy, Portugal and Spain since theft are issues in these European countries on par with Africa and The Russian Federation.

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

The setting isn't for US buyers only.  It's for not shipping overseas.  You were given a domestic addresss.   

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

I have no concerns when selling to a buyer using a freight forwarding company.      Once the package safely reaches the USA destination the buyer loses all eBay MBG protection.   So no worries about false SNADS or packages lost in a customs office black hole.       

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

I do not ship overseas

The buyer did not ask you to ship overseas. 

ebay options clearly set to US buyers only

There is no such thing as "US buyers only". You can restrict sales by shipping address, but not by residence or nationality. I have used shipping addresses in the UK, Germany, Australia, Norway, and Canada. 

They full acknowledge that this forwarding shipping address scam happens all the time

Freight forwarders are not a "scam". I have shipped a hundred of packages through them over the years without issue. 

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

You might want to rethink your business model since your rating is very low (93%) and your responses to buyer negatives really look bad on you. You're scaring off many buyers who don't want the drama or the danger of having their purchases cancelled.
Message 6 of 30
latest reply

And do you know how many of those negative feedbacks that have tainted my record are from people with 0-5 feedback who are using shipping forwarding services? It's easy to pretend the sellers are the bad guys on ebay. Never though I'd see it from other sellers... 

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

Responders are not calling anybody a bad guy, just pointing out facts. And they are basic facts. You snubbed a valid buyer. you got some defects and negs. So learn from this maybe?

Good luck~

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

@maobserver wrote:

I call ebay up and they tell me that it doesn't matter if I only choose to ship to USA, because they're using freighter forwarding companies I'm forced to ship it to them and the feedbacks will remain. They full acknowledge that this forwarding shipping address scam happens all the time, but they will not remove the feedback because they're using an american address...

Wow - That is just not right - Looks like all or just about all your negatives are from you trying to protect yourself from being scammed - Who can fault you for making an attempt to protect yourself? - There is no "last line of defense" beyond you here - Very sorry for your troubles.

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

@isaiah53-57 wrote:

@maobserver wrote:

Wow - That is just not right - Looks like all or just about all your negatives are from you trying to protect yourself from being scammed - Who can fault you for making an attempt to protect yourself? - There is no "last line of defense" beyond you here - Very sorry for your troubles.

Although, some of the other posters have brought up some valid points - I thought it was an actual Overseas address that got to you - I have sold to freight forwarding addresses with no problems, though the two times I did(as far as I know), they were kind enough to email me and ask if it was ok.

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

What your selling isn’t really a high risk fraud item. That one guy had 600 feedback im sure he’s an legit overseas buyer.  Clearly your “I don’t ship overseas” policy isn’t working so you will have think of a new plan before your terminated.

Not all forwarding address buyers are scams . when I sell smartphones it’s about 50/50 a scam. But for 100$ logic board I’d bet small chance it’s a scam

i suggest stating in description

“I will not ship overseas or to forwarding addresses”. this should  rid you of many overseas buyers. If anybody overseas still purchases it. Just send out and take your chances

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

I grant you, this is the internet, and someone somewhere has been scammed using every device known to mankind.

But, forwarding addresses can be legit. I have a buyer who has bought from me three times and each time a forwarding address. She is in singapore. No issues, nice feedback, its been great. If I had cancelled on her the first two times, I would be out 3 sales!
Message 12 of 30
latest reply

I realize your initial post was venting about your fear of getting scammed by buyers out of the USA. However I'm giving you a little advice, with all due respect, in order to help you out.
From looking at the comments that you post on your negatives you really need to calm down before posting those types of replies. Personally I don't let some negative feedback affect if I'm going to purchase from a seller, but in looking at your comments I would not hesitate to leave your store. The majority of your negatives are silly useless comments from the buyers. Most buyers would ignore those negatives. It's about your responses to them that comes across as full of anger. You write in all caps with exclamation points, you keep saying, GOODBYE!!
It doesn't create an atmosphere where customers would want to spend their money. I'm not sure if you have the ability to go back and edit or preferably delete your replies, but you should look into that. Some don't seem very old yet.
In the end your intention is to sell more items. The people leaving those negatives will not purchase from you again so you have no reason to comment back to them. If you do post a response to a negative, it should be directed at a potential customer by offering a quick response as to why that person was unhappy. You are using it as a revenge type but the only thing that will come out of that is a loss of revenue for yourself. You aren't causing any harm to the person who left the negative, you are only harming potential sales for yourself. You really need to give that more thought and try to rectify it. Best of luck to you....
Message 13 of 30
latest reply

@maobserver wrote:

And do you know how many of those negative feedbacks that have tainted my record are from people with 0-5 feedback who are using shipping forwarding services? It's easy to pretend the sellers are the bad guys on ebay. Never though I'd see it from other sellers... 

Actually in those cases you are the bad guy.

You cancelled perfectly fine sales that were probably safer than some random in the USA.

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

Have you gone in to your PayPal settings to block NON-US registered account holders?  That could be the reason why foreign buyers with freight forwarding addresses in the US are able to purchase from you. 

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 15 of 30
latest reply