cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12.99 fees for this month! Why do I never get free listings anymore?

Hi when ebay USE TO give me a bunch of free listings, like 500  or 1000, I was paying them $100-$200 a month sometimes. I havent got free listings in so long that I lost all my unsold items(over 1000). Would have to relist them all over again now. For the majority of items I sell, it is 2.99 3.99 4.99 5.99 6.99 type stuff and a store just is not worth it.

Really sad they don't want my money, those free listings, heck I guess I got use to them, but I havent seen any in over 6 months.  My other friends get them a few times, but never my name. O well, funny thing is my friends don't even use them, Id use 1000 in one day if they gave em to me.  lol!!

Just alot of things on ebay just backwards, I guess its tough running a company like this and trying to figure it all out, but I think they screwed up with me. I was at least generating FVF's for them when I was receiving the free listings.

Anyone like me out there?

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: 12.99 fees for this month! Why do I never get free listings anymore?

I sell low cost stuff. Most of my stuff is under $15,  and most of that is under $10. I have a basic store, because 50 free listings just isn't enough, and I already have three selling accounts. I don't need to open another one. Once I sell $20 after regular fees, my store is paid for. Done. That first $20 goes to the store. The rest goes to me after FVF. 

The stuff I sell MUST be listed to be seen. The items I sell are the kind of thing that would attract only a specific person that is looking for that specific item. If it's not listed, it can't be sold.  It takes money to make money, my stuff has to be listed, so I have to have a store.  It also helps that the vast majority of my inventory cost me nothing, or very little, so after FVF practically everything is profit. 

I conduct myself as a business even though I would be considered a small hobby seller,  and having a store for me makes financial sense. I cannot sit around and wait for free listing promos that never come, because if I do that my inventory goes unseen, and if that inventory goes unseen, I am losing money. 

ONLY YOU can decide if you need to open a store... or open multiple accounts to avoid listing fees... or pay individual listing fees above the first fifty...or lose money because your inventory sits unseen.  Those are your choices. Run the numbers that apply to YOU, because what works for one seller may not work for another.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 16 of 30
latest reply

I've been thinkin' ... I can't recall having a monthly bill less than $50 - most often in the $80+ range in over a decade.  So, I can fix your dilemma - let's swap bills! 🙂 I'd be happy with just $12.99 .... 

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 17 of 30
latest reply

@roddybeaubois wrote:
sorry 250 listings, which isn't enough.

I have another account I use to sell expensive items I do about 700-1000$ a month in fees sometimes under it. Ussually in the 300-600 range.

I guess I shouldn't expect free listings, but the people that are saying shut up and open a store, 250 free listings isn't going to do much for me. You are just forgetting that. Your acting as if $25 a month store is going to just list all my items for free and that is not the case.

How is the alternative working for you?

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

@roddybeaubois wrote:

I have another account I use to sell expensive items I do about 700-1000$ a month in fees sometimes under it. Ussually in the 300-600 range.

I guess I shouldn't expect free listings, but the people that are saying shut up and open a store, 250 free listings isn't going to do much for me. You are just forgetting that. Your acting as if $25 a month store is going to just list all my items for free and that is not the case.

So you have this other account as above, but you're whining about not getting free listings on this one?

Words fail me.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

@roddybeaubois wrote:
@copper.boom wrote:

@roddybeaubois wrote:

Hi when ebay USE TO give me a bunch of free listings, like 500  or 1000, I was paying them $100-$200 a month sometimes. I havent got free listings in so long that I lost all my unsold items(over 1000). Would have to relist them all over again now. For the majority of items I sell, it is 2.99 3.99 4.99 5.99 6.99 type stuff and a store just is not worth it.

@roddybeaubois If you are paying $100-$200 in final value fees per month with 500-1000 listings active during a listing promo, that equates to $1000-$2000 of sold merchandise. So it seems to me that the fee of a basic store subscription would be more than covered with the resulting sales from your higher volume of listings....

You get 500 listings with a basic store - 250 Fixed Price and 250 Auction in certain categories. But, fine, let's say you will only use the 250 FP and tailor that to the numbers you provided.

If you are paying $100-$200 in final value fees per month with 500-1000 listings active during a listing promo, that equates to $1000-$2000 of sold merchandise. So cut that in half to $50 in final value fees per month with 250 listings that equates to $500 of sold merchandise based on the numbers you provided.

$500 of sold merch seems like it would more than pay for the monthly rate of $25 monthly subscription or $20 yearly subscription store fee to me. And it beats $50 in fees for sure.

If you like sticking with your 50 free listings and lower sales then do what works for you. Listing promos are not a guarantee which is why I and many others pay for our store subscriptions. I have additional non-store accounts so I can take advantage of listing promos should I be lucky enough to receive any that are relevant to me.

Message 20 of 30
latest reply

@roddybeaubois  Non-Store accounts get more promos than store accounts.  However, promos are not guaranteed so don't count on them.  Did not look at what you sell but you should higher priced items otherwise this is more like novelty selling with the prices you mentioned plus losing 1000 listngs because they dropped of the unsold list after 60 days just is not a formula for making very much money.

If you earn at least $ 25.00 profit per month on 50 Free listings on the Every Day Rate plan then spring for the basic store level on a MONTH to MONTH basis, not a yearly subscription ... that way you can "test drive" the store getting 250 Auctions and 250 Fixed Price pre-paid listings PLUS a quartelry $ 25.00 coupon for eBay Branded supplies ... so if you use that it is almost like getting one month out of three for the store fee paid for ...

Review categories for stores to make sure you can use them to your advantage.  Also review store fees ... things like Scheduling is 10 cents per listing with a store but free on your current plan.  Anyway, hope that helps and good luck.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 21 of 30
latest reply

Sell more than 4 things in a MONTh then you can tell me what to do. Obvious soon as i read your stupid post was easy to see your problem, your angry

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

Store or no Store?

This may be useful.

http://www.fees.ebay.ca/feeweb/feeillustrator

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

@roddybeaubois

@ymeagainlord

Just as you have two accounts and are not posting with your high value one, others here also have multiple accounts.

Some even have 0 FB accounts used only for posting. While a few of those are trolls, most just want to protect their livelihood.

Well, maybe I'm not a fancy gentleman like you, with your... very fine hat. But I do business. We're here for business.-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

@roddybeaubois wrote:

Sell more than 4 things in a MONTh then you can tell me what to do. Obvious soon as i read your stupid post was easy to see your problem, your angry

Rude. Yme knows a hell of a lot more about selling on eBay than you do. Just like you have another account, so do many of us. This is the second ID that I sell on and I have 4 more that I sell other things on.

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

Spending $240.00 a year to generate $24000.00 or spend nothing to generate $1300.00 a year is a real no brainer so you probably shouldn't give up your day job...

People would rather have a $5 bill given to them for free than to pay $50 for a $100 bill.

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

"I have another account I use to sell expensive items I do about 700-1000$ a month in fees sometimes under it. Ussually in the 300-600 range."

Does this account have a store with 250 free fixed price listings?

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

@roddybeaubois wrote:

Excuse me? Why would I be angry? It seems you're the one who's angry, not me.

I have several IDs and pay to list on all but one of them.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

@jobs-7 wrote:

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

Spending $240.00 a year to generate $24000.00 or spend nothing to generate $1300.00 a year is a real no brainer so you probably shouldn't give up your day job...

People would rather have a $5 bill given to them for free than to pay $50 for a $100 bill.

Seriously? Strange analogy. Come meet me right now and we'll swap. I'll trade you $50 for $100 and I'll also flat out give you $5 and we'll see which one of us is happier.

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

@copper.boom wrote:

@jobs-7 wrote:

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

Seriously? Strange analogy. Come meet me right now and we'll swap. I'll trade you $50 for $100 and I'll also flat out give you $5 and we'll see which one of us is happier.

Ummm, that was my point.  How some people don't want to spend money to make money, they just want FREE listings.

Message 30 of 30
latest reply