cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099-K

Going under payments, taxes, I see this: "You don’t have a Form 1099-K for this tax year. You did not meet the minimum IRS threshold this year."  This is a little confusing considering I sold more than $20k and had more than 200 transactions.  Could it be that they just haven't gotten around to sending it yet and that I should wait until Jan. 31?  

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

1099-K

Your assumption is correct...

by law, an entity has until January 31 to issue 1099-K information forms

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

1099-K

Yes, that's exactly it. The statement is probably still referring to the previous year (i.e., tax year 2022).

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

1099-K

While you may need to wait for Ebay to get their paperwork done, you can in the meantime run your Transaction report for the year and get that all in order for filing taxes.  I assume you know that you don't just go by the numbers on your 1099K.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

1099-K

Well, it also shows the same thing for 2022 and 2021 as well. I think you're right though. Just wait until the 31st.

Tax year Date generated Download

-
You don’t have a Form 1099-K for this tax year.
-
-
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

1099-K

Thank you. No, I didn't know that, but I'm sure I would have figured that out at some point.  This will be my first time doing this with eBay, so I'm learning as I go. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

1099-K

@thewinterfox wrote:

Thank you. No, I didn't know that, but I'm sure I would have figured that out at some point.  This will be my first time doing this with eBay, so I'm learning as I go. 

Here is a link to the reports you can get.  The transaction report you will need to drop into a worksheet program.  I use Excel.  The report has many columns, some are useless or not needed for tax purposes.  So I get rid of those columns and have a more workable size report.

Your various reports are listed in the left rail.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/fin/reportslanding

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 7
latest reply