cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10000+ listings ZERO sales two days in a row.

It is amazing how screwed up things on ebay  are becoming. 

Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

Re: 10000+ listings ZERO sales two days in a row.

@inhawaii wrote:

@lakefor94 wrote:

2 negs out of 1100 at 99.8% is not a bad thing.

I think he's not talking about the negatives themselves, but about  the replies, calling buyers "liars" and "low IQ",

I was going to say. The negs themselves wouldn't bother me one bit. The REPLIES, however, would deter me from purchasing for sure.

Message 76 of 94
latest reply

People saying somethins isnt wrong with ebay are just wrong. I had a consistent listing and next day item watcher amount. I would do my average listings and next day have 10 to 15 new watchers. I am now, to make up for lack of sales, listing 2x the amount and getting 3 to 4 watchers per day. That is insane. Something is either wrong with the search or none of my followers are seeing my items. I have over 400 followers that generally are the ones who watch and follow my items. Where are they? They all just disappeared? This is beyond wrong. How am I  doung 2 to 3x the amount of work with 90% less results? Even if people were not buying as much they would still be watching items. Where are the watchers? 

Message 77 of 94
latest reply

It is eBay's fault for allowing these sellers to jack buyers around at will.  Way to many loopholes for sellers to take advantage.  We have seen it all here, day after day. 

Posting ID
Message 78 of 94
latest reply

@shar_27 wrote:

eBay's major downfall comes from bad management. Not from sellers.
Trying to blame everything on sellers is a stale sophistry.
Many sellers who lost sales on eBay have actually reaped a bountiful harvest on other platforms.

... and yet most of them, for some strange reason, continue to sell on ebay.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 79 of 94
latest reply

... and yet most of them, for some strange reason, continue to sell on ebay.

Of course, nothing wrong with covering all bases.
It would be short-sighted to exclusively indulge in a single declining platform.

Message 80 of 94
latest reply

@lakefor94 wrote:

It is eBay's fault for allowing these sellers to jack buyers around at will.  Way to many loopholes for sellers to take advantage.  We have seen it all here, day after day. 

Buyers can return items for a refund for any reason, what more do they need?
Yet buyers can play tricks with the switcheroo, deliberately file unrecognized transaction disputes to dodge payment, false INR, fake INAD, use a faulty address to deceive USPS scans, and even resort to extortion with negative feedbacks... all sorts of neglected buyer fraudulent schemes.
Buyers could even use multiple fraudulent schemes one after another in the same transaction to utterly devastate sellers.

Talking about loopholes? These are the real loopholes.
And the majority of players are the buyers.

-

Message 81 of 94
latest reply

@shar_27 wrote:

@lakefor94 wrote:

Yet buyers can play tricks with the switcheroo, deliberately file unrecognized transaction disputes to dodge payment, false INR, fake INAD, use a faulty address to deceive USPS scans, and even resort to extortion with negative feedbacks... all sorts of neglected buyer fraudulent schemes.
Buyers could even use multiple fraudulent schemes one after another in the same transaction to utterly devastate sellers.

And the majority of players are the buyers.

-

@shar_27 

You are not listing anything we don't already know. I won't even delve into listing the seller scams as they are just as widely known.

I don't see it on my seller account.  On an average I see 1% where the buyer tries to pull some sort of questionable move. Probably less than that. 

It is certainly, no doubt, worse on my AMZ sales. Fewer seller protections over there. The last one over there was the switcheroo and a couple of chargebacks. I won one of the chargebacks.

On eBay,  I am TRS and offer Free Returns and can deduct 50% of the refund if a buyer gets sideways with returning something other than what I sent or sending it back in a different condition. Only ever had to use the 50% refund deduction one time since it has been offered.

The saavy scammers avoid accounts that carry the 50% deduction. The want the whole enchilada,  100%.

I know the buyer scams are out there as we see them here as well. I just don't see it on my account, fulltime seller and I sell some pricey items, though they are not the hot, scammy type items like phones, PC's, etc.

So many sellers (cheerleaders as we are called) here on the boards know how to work within system and make eBay work for us. It is not that complicated to navigate especially when you can get help here if needed. Sellers just have to take advantage of what is offered, know policies and work within them.

Posting ID
Message 82 of 94
latest reply

Well its the weekend. May the weekend sales overwhelm you with too many packages to ship out 😉 Good Luck

Message 83 of 94
latest reply

ive noticed this too , I also see less external ads for ebay.. Something is wrong when my hard to find business website sells more than ebay now. ( 2 yrs ago it was 10-1 ratio in favor of ebay/.

Message 84 of 94
latest reply

I've had no sales for 4 days in a row, it is a record.

Message 85 of 94
latest reply

@shar_27 wrote:

And the majority of players are the buyers

99.99% of buyers are honest people who just want the thing they ordered in the condition described. To date, I have had exactly one buyer who wasn't honest and tried to pull a false INR only to get thwarted by tracking. The one INAD I have received was in fact a genuine INAD because the item actually was defective.

The idea that most or even more than a tiny minority of buyers cause trouble simply isn't true.

Message 86 of 94
latest reply

The lower class and lower middle class are probably not spending as much as they used to. That may be one factor. The website no longer targets low spend buyers. That in the way of advertising. The advertising is geared at high spend buyers who buy extreme high priced luxury good, collectibles.

Message 87 of 94
latest reply

May the weekend force be with you too.

Message 88 of 94
latest reply

99.99% of sellers are honest people who only want to sell their held products and receive a fair profit.
Why would you assume that sellers who are engaged in the same trade as you aren't genuine?
Buyers can return items for refunds for any reason, with sellers paying for return shipping most of the time. Buyers already have more than enough protection.
Yet the extremely buyer-centric transaction rules do provide buyers with too many means to extort sellers.

I won't do it, but I will simulate how devious buyers could easily sabotage a seller's account.
The point here is there is absolutely no penalty for buyers to do these, and they could change their IDs constantly to avoid blocking and sabotage sellers' accounts.

1st, Buyers could deliberately file a 'not recognizing the transaction' dispute to try to dodge payment.
Of course, you have a tracking number showing the delivery, so you might win the case, although not 100% sure.
However, this will result in a defect in your service matrix.

2nd, They may proceed with an INR case.
Again, you have a tracking number showing the delivery, so you win the case.
But, then again, this becomes your 2nd defect in your service matrix.

3rd, They might escalate the situation by filing an INAD case.
You will provide a prepaid return shipping label for the buyer to return the item for a refund, as you did for your case.
Once again, this adds a 3rd defect to your service matrix.

4th, They will file a return request, and you certainly already have the prepaid return shipping label provided.
Therefore, it's easy for you to upload the prepaid return shipping label for the buyer to return the item for a refund.
Now, your 4th defect on your service matrix is recorded.

Last but not least, buyers could proceed to leave a negative review. You have no choice but to embrace your 5th defect, and you cannot leave negative feedbakcs for the buyers.

Not to mention, buyers could send you a bar of soap in return when returning the TV set you sent to them
Who can you reason with now?

So... one transaction can easily result in five defects on your service matrix.
Sellers simply lack the means to defend themselves.

For those who have no idea what a service matrix is, I would strongly suggest checking it all the time because this could be the major cause of slow sales.

-

Message 89 of 94
latest reply

@shar_27 wrote:

99.99% of sellers are honest people who only want to sell their held products and receive a fair profit.
Why would you assume that sellers who are engaged in the same trade as you aren't genuine?
Buyers can return items for refunds for any reason, with sellers paying for return shipping most of the time. Buyers already have more than enough protection.
Yet the extremely buyer-centric transaction rules do provide buyers with too many means to extort sellers.

I won't do it, but I will simulate how devious buyers could easily sabotage a seller's account.
The point here is there is absolutely no penalty for buyers to do these, and they could change their IDs constantly to avoid blocking and sabotage sellers' accounts.

1st, Buyers could deliberately file a 'not recognizing the transaction' dispute to try to dodge payment.
Of course, you have a tracking number showing the delivery, so you might win the case, although not 100% sure.
However, this will result in a defect in your service matrix.

If a buyer files a "not recognizing transaction case", that is filed with PayPal or their Credit Card issuer. EBay is out of the picture and there is no defect to seller metrics. Sellers should be able win all of these with tracking and a decent presentation. 

2nd, They may proceed with an INR case.
Again, you have a tracking number showing the delivery, so you win the case.
But, then again, this becomes your 2nd defect in your service matrix.

That would be defect 1 on seller metrics.

3rd, They might escalate the situation by filing an INAD case.
You will provide a prepaid return shipping label for the buyer to return the item for a refund, as you did for your case.
Once again, this adds a 3rd defect to your service matrix.

That would be a 2nd defect on seller metrics.

(Never had 2 seller defects on the same transaction. Must be the awesome buyers I get)

4th, They will file a return request, and you certainly already have the prepaid return shipping label provided.
Therefore, it's easy for you to upload the prepaid return shipping label for the buyer to return the item for a refund.
Now, your 4th defect on your service matrix is recorded.

What you describe here, you already described above in your 3rd scenario.  Same same. Part of the same INAD that was filed. There is not an extra hit on seller metrics.

Last but not least, buyers could proceed to leave a negative review. You have no choice but to embrace your 5th defect, and you cannot leave negative feedbakcs for the buyers.

Bad feedback is not a seller defect in any way. TRS sellers that offer Free Returns have negs removed all the time. Not much of an issue here.

Not to mention, buyers could send you a bar of soap in return when returning the TV set you sent to them
Who can you reason with now?

I explained in another post how to get the privledge of issuing 50% refunds to unscrupulous buyers, that are so far and few between for most sellers.

So... one transaction can easily result in five defects on your service matrix. Not true.
Sellers simply lack the means to defend themselves.

For those who have no idea what a service matrix is, I would strongly suggest checking it all the time because this could be the major cause of slow sales.

it is called Service Metrics 

-

Posting ID
Message 90 of 94
latest reply