cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 sale since GTC kicked in. What is going on?

I have had one sale since March 18th.  Something something is wrong somewhere.  When GTC kicked in I opened a EBay store so I wouldn't get caught with relisting fees and my sales had gotten to the point to where it wouldn't be costing me that much more because of the reduced FVF % for having a store and I also had the inventory I could list.  So I opened my store on the 19th or 20th, went from approx. 70 listings to 235 listings, and will be TRS my next evaluation.  Now I have less views and less watchers on 235 listings than I had when I had only 70 listings.  My # of sales for the last 60 days (which includes these last 2 weeks of only 1 sale) was 61 as of this morning.  Something is wrong somewhere.  My quality and pricing hasnt changed.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: 1 sale since GTC kicked in. What is going on?

People stopped collecting antique plates a few years ago. Buyers do not even know about GTC listings. They see the items listed and if they want they buy. Adding more doesn't always help. Try lowering your prices as other sellers have the plates much cheaper than you.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

@tammyduckett 

Hi, Tammy. I was told by a seasoned seller on here if you just go into your active listing and do a revise, revise or add anything, even more text to your narrative, or even do nothing...then click submit...it will re-index and hopefully get you back into a higher search view. I do it all the time, but I only have a minimal amount listed so it is easier for me. Hope this helps. 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

My wife constantly revises listings on multiple accounts (stores and regular accts) seems to work for us. Average sell thru rate is up around 70% in 60 days when adding all acts together.  

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

This thread is a couple months old, but sales seem to have picked up for the OP. Since this thread was posted on  29 March she has had 49 sales.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Well, there ya go = )
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 20 of 20
latest reply