cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpaid Item, Cancel within 60 Minutes

I cancel unpaid items 60 minutes after they order but don't pay.  On my listings, I click a little box, the box that states, "Require Immediate Payment for Buy It Now."  What part of that doesn't eBay or the buyer understand?  I don't see a seller agrees to wait four days box!  I use the "Problem with the Buyers Address" reason to cancel the order since in my opinion, an illiterate deadbeat bidder lives there, and to me, that's a problem.  It's bad enough Mangled Payments takes days to do what PayPal accomplishes in 30 seconds or less.  I sure don't need eBay and a deadbeat tying up my assets for eight days.  Anyone else find this eBay "feature" not only contradictory but ill conceived?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@quincydepot wrote:

I know EBAY changes it!!  It's pure **bleep** on their part.

If you use templates, you can eliminate that. Ever since eBay has been messing with the best offer feature, etc. I have used templates exclusively...never had an issue.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@quincydepot 

If you have immediate payment required checked, it shouldn't sell until they pay.

You might check and make sure it hasn't been turned off.

A couple years ago, I had an order that the buyer didn't pay right then and checked and it had been turned off.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

It's checked Ken, every time.  The other one eBay tries to get away with is turning on that irritating Global Shipping Program button.  The hosers held my funds for an item lost AFTER acceptance in KY and held my funds because the buyer opened a case.   No more of that Bovine Scatology!!  

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

None of your listings show IPR when I checked.

If you overuse that reason you can be reported and lose selling privileges which sounds like you need to.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

" Tax Collected in PA Only" shown in the listings. Any state that collects tax, which are most, buyer pays tax to the state the item is sent too automatically when payment is made and you pay fees on it, along with shipping and item cost.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@quincydepot wrote:

It's checked Ken, every time.  

Check (no pun intended) it again to make sure. If not, do a mass edit to add the feature. I doubt you want to click on each one to do it, you can add it all at once...

BIN IPR.PNG

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@quincydepot 

I'd recommend the bulk edit that @Anonymous has shown you... but I'd check 'Add to all', in case it's dropped off some listings.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL...yeah. I didn't quite capture that right, thanks @mtgraves7984 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aproudparent2010 wrote:

None of your listings show IPR when I checked.

Where does this show?

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@quincydepot wrote:

If you use templates, you can eliminate that. Ever since eBay has been messing with the best offer feature, etc. I have used templates exclusively...never had an issue.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@quincydepot,

I noticed that you have "or best offer" on some of your listings. FYI, if an item is sold by Best Offer, eBay can't/doesn't enforce immediate payment.

So if immediate payment is important to you, don't use best offer. They are not compatible with each other.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply