cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about URL pictures

Probably this question was already asked, but I did not find it here.
I use File Exchange and put a lot of photos that are on my personal hosting. If suddenly it happens that hosting will stop working, will my photos remain on ebay?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Question about URL pictures

@print-servicesteam

After you send your URLs to eBay through File Exchange, eBay will attempt to rehost those images on its own servers. This should safeguard your listings if your server fails because eBay will be delivering images from eBay servers.

You can double check any of your listings at random.  Just click the image in a listing to open the popup photo viewer. Then look for the URL of any of the images and you will see they are hosted on eBay.

There are very few (and very old), listings that still display images hosted on outside servers, and they exist from using older versions of eBay's "self-hosting" uploaders, where only a single photo upload was allowed.  When eBay introduced their multi-image "web-hosted"  uploader a decade ago, along with discounted, and then free image hosting, eBay began the drive to move all photos to eBay's servers for exactly the reason that has you concerned.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply