cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Protest and Complaint against removing Turbo Lister

This is my official protest, complaint and rebuttal against the removal and/or refusal to maintain the software named TURBO LISTER from being allowed to upload listings to e-bay – which is set to be deceased in June 2017.

First, TURBO LISTER is a database program that is stationed on the customers’ individual computers and is NOT a one-item-to-list-at-a-time, screw-up program like the ‘seller hub’ program that’s currently being implemented in its place.

Second, ‘seller hub’ is NOT a database with a proper filing system, and as such cannot hold ALL the customers’ listings until all items are sold.  Instead, ‘seller hub’ can only hold a listing for as long as the listing is running at Auction or as a one-time, Buy-it-Now sale.  Every seller knows that rarely do listings sell on the first time they are run –either at auction or on a buy-it-now.  Therefore, this ‘seller hub’ scheme is unacceptable, mostly because customers will have to re-type EVERY listing for EVERY item, EVERY time they need to list it to sell.  That’s totally absurd and a major waste of time.  On TURBO LISTER a customer types up a listing one time only and holds it in whatever folder s/he wishes until the item has sold.  I also use my TURBO LISTER to keep track of the items I’ve sold as well.

Third, ‘seller hub’ is not only far inferior to TURBO LISTER in many respects, but is harder to use – NOT EASIER -- plus it requires that some stupid code be typed in before you can even start placing a listing.  What GARBAGE is that?!  Most items do not have codes attached to them – DUH!

Fourth, the listing process for ‘seller hub’ appears to have the listing launch immediately whether the seller is ready for the listing to run or not.  Oftentimes, I’ve created listings weeks in advance before I ever launch them to e-bay via TURBO LISTER.  There is no contingency for this on ‘seller hub’.  If there is such a contingency, it’s either transparent OR it’s not readily available as it is in TURBO LISTER.

Fifth, as ‘seller hub’ is a stinking “cloud” program, located on the e-bay servers, it means that should the e-bay servers be hacked or go down during some storm, absolutely NO ONE – ANYWHERE -- will be able to work on listings in the background, getting them ready for launch.  Customers will not be able to put ANY info for ANY listing together with ANY pictures because the e-bay server is down.  And that’s only ONE of the major flaws that cause “cloud” programs to suck!  Another reason that “cloud” programs suck is because ANY and ALL information that’s placed in these listings may not be available for the customer to edit once an item is ‘listed’.

Sixth, another reason “cloud programs” like ‘seller hub’ suck is because the customers’ information is made more readily available to anyone, anywhere, that hacks into the e-bay server – including the IRS, the CIA, the FBI, the NSA or other rogue agencies.  Since company servers are targeted more often than private computers, keeping individual programs on individual computers is far superior to any “cloud” program that’s implemented.  “Cloud” programs were initially started as another form of corporate control over the consumer.  Why independent programs were instigated in the first place, why they are still being created, and why people use these private programs instead of using “the cloud” – is to repudiate this type of ridiculous corporate nonsense.  E-bay – DO NOT become another idiot Microsoft company that everybody hates.

Seventh, originally e-bay was started to help the little guys – independents (remember those guys?)  – giving them a market to sell their items so they wouldn’t have to resort to yard sales.  Ever since e-bay has allowed large organizations to run listings, however, e-bay is no longer interested in helping the little guys that got it started in the first place, and instead is weeding them out with little items here and there:  by pushing onto the customers inferior programs that do not meet their needs, by forcing particular customer identity information into each listing that is not needed, by coding every single listing with some obscure number that is not needed, and by raising its unnecessary fees to snuff the little guys out of the marketplace, among others.  E-bay – whatever happened to freaking customer loyalty?!

Eighth, those members like myself who have been using TURBO LISTER for a period of over 14 years that have finally learned how to use it correctly, ARE NOT INTERESTED in learning new software regardless its capabilities.  We like what we have and DO NOT want to change.  As stated earlier, as the program ‘seller hub’ now stands, it is NOT easier to use, in fact it’s NOT AS EASY TO USE as TURBO LISTER.  the program, then, that should be eliminated is ‘seller hub’, NOT TURBO LISTER.  Or as a compromise – KEEP BOTH – and let the consumers decide which they would like to use.  E-bay – you can keep up with more than one program, can’t you?

Moreover, my spreadsheet keeps a more accurate accounting of seller activities than does your All-In-One page that’s associated with the new ‘seller hub’.  Yours is inaccurate for my needs.

Personally, I already have over 1300 listings holding that I can easily file under various folders, and I’ve created over 30 templates on TURBO LISTER.  There is no transition of information from TURBO LISTER to the 'seller hub' program.   TURBO LISTER is easy for me to manipulate as I please, and I can launch my listings when I am ready to launch.  TURBO LISTER also affords the customer (including me) the ability to change formats easily if need be.   Not only do I have over a thousand listings waiting to be uploaded to e-bay for sale, I also have at least twice that many to list -- that will be going onto my TURBO LISTER database on my computer – because I do not have either the time, the patience, or the inclination to learn another program to replace one that works perfectly fine in the first place, nor do I have the time or patience to re-type every listing if it doesn’t sell the first time around.  This ‘seller hub’ **bleep** is all about control.  You can’t fool us.  We don’t want it.  We want TURBO LISTER.

All TURBO LISTER users should rally together and quickly file your complaints at the disrespectful manner in which e-bay is behaving in getting rid of the initial uploading program for listings, thereby totally disregarding its beginning supporters who have utilized this program over these many years.  If you DO NOT, you will not have a database to keep your listings safe until your items have sold.

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Official Protest and Complaint against removing Turbo Lister

Fascinating explanation. Can't say I understand it all, but I do understand royalty fees. If that's eBay's problem with Turbo Lister, and they really intend to dump it, then I'll have to start shopping around for an affordable replacement because Seller Hub doesn't do the same job.
Message 31 of 43
latest reply

I am in the same fix, though I don't have the inventory you do. I'm checking into programs like Wonder Lister, or SixBit. There is also Inkfrog and a few others. We'll end up paying a monthly fee for the luxury that free TL was. It drove me crazy, was very slow, but it got the job done. Seller Hub is not a replacement. It even restricts the amount of characters allowable in a description. TL allowed me to say anything and everything I wanted and needed to.
Message 32 of 43
latest reply

I can't agree more.

I would also add, that for those of us who grew up before the age of computers, learning entirely new processes for creating eBay listings and managing our inventory and sales data is somewhat daunting.

I have been using turbo lister for several years and have become quite comfortable with it.

It would be nice if it could be maintained as an eBay lsiting tool.

Message 33 of 43
latest reply

Thank you for your comments.  Did you ever find a satisfactory solution?  Since I don't have a store and do not want to be paying $25/mo on the low side for one, I have to now use the enter a draft, save it, and hand launch every item I list -- every item, every time.  What a waste of time it is.  I tried saving a draft to see how long it remained intact, but it was auto-removed in about 60 days.  That means every item is hand launched with a one-at-a-time pace.  Just great -- NOT !!  Have you found a database that holds all your items AND launches in batches yet?  I built my own db in Office Access, but do not know how to launch any items from it.  Good luck to you.

Message 34 of 43
latest reply

File exchange is a lot better than Turbo Lister. For some reason TL would freeze up on me when I tried to insert the pictures. The program started to get so slow I had to stop using it out of frustration. Now I just get frustrated at my own Excel VBA code that I write. LOL  As the user I can blame the Programmer.(ME) And as the Programmer I can blame the user!(ME) It took me two weeks just to figure out how to connect to the Ebay Server using File Exchange. I ended up paying a free lance programmer 30 bucks to get me connected. The Free Lancer had to do almost nothing. The only differece was I used the wrong browser object. I was using a newer object.  "MSXML2.XMLHTTP" is the correct one and WinHttp.WinHttpReguest" is the one I could never get to work.  Right now I think the best solution is to use a free Database like MySQL and pair that with Excel VBA. I have just done this. I use forms to gererate the listings and build the HTML. Here is the problem with that. By the time you get all that done your sales on Ebay with have cratered. Spending time writing and learning software is time not spent listing and selling product. Now I have to build sales back up if I can. I did all of the work just so I didn't have to type in a listing title.  scream  I kept thinking Short Term Loss, Long Term Gain. So I hope......  

Message 35 of 43
latest reply

You might consider switching to MariaDB. Uses the same syntax as MySQL.

Oracle bought the rights to the 64 bit version of MySQL, so a free upgrade path no longer exists for MySQL.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 36 of 43
latest reply

It is refreshing to see a member that is not blaming eBay!!sunglasses

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 37 of 43
latest reply

Hey Dolly thanks! You have to understand that Ebay is just a business and they have to compete like everyone else. If they for example take away File Exchange then I'll have to look at other options. Everything is always changing so its always a good idea not to keep all your eggs in one basket. 

I did not know that about MySQL. I'm still learning SQL but correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think its hard to move my MySQL tables to a new database??  Oh, and I do at times get frustated with some of the things Ebays does. I just mutter under my breath a lot. grinning  grinning  grinning  !!!

Scooterdog

Message 38 of 43
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

cannot save pre-listed items until I want to re=list.  bring back turbo=lister.

Message 39 of 43
latest reply

This thread is over a year old.

Message 40 of 43
latest reply

@everything-from-trinkets-to-treasures wrote:

This thread is over a year old.

And we still are in fear, every day, that it will be Turbo Lister's last day.

Message 41 of 43
latest reply

I totaly agree with your points.  I had to quit selling for a year due to health, now I find Turbo Lister is no longer updated.  Can you still use it to list?  I have several hundred pre-made auctios to go up.

Message 42 of 43
latest reply

@zp299

For now, yes, you can still use it. I would do an update.

1st) Tools>Compact databases. If that fails, immediately restart Turbo, and repeat the compact. (A newly created backup, would not hurt, at this point. Just do the Compact first!

2nd) Tools>Check for program updates. If this does not complete...Tools>Install complete version update.

There have been many changes to item specifics and the Product catalog, in the last year.

Message 43 of 43
latest reply