cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEVER FEAR ... "CLASSIC VIEW" Still there BURIED !!!! kind of... in Seller HUB ( 3-28-2021 )

Ladies and Gentlemen, I was about to jump off a cliff when on Monday 22nd 2021 they removed the "CLASSIC VIEW" link from my seller page. After going out into deep water , I made a discovery that I want to share with people like me. In the new seller hub, the seller hub "OVERVIEW" is the default page. 2 selections over is the "LISTINGS" link.....if you hover over it, it will branch out a window with all of the options. Select "ACTIVE" !!!! Suddenly, everything will come into view.... all of your listings will appear with all of the check boxes and options to "END" or "RE-LIST" in Bulk !!!  Alternatively, when you "opt OUT" of the seller hub, you are sent to a page with NO CHECK BOXES of functionality as with the new seller hub. NO IDEA why they give you an "opt out" to send you somewhere with limited function.... makes NO SENSE and causes confusion.  I hope I helped someone !!!

Message 1 of 127
latest reply
126 REPLIES 126

Re: NEVER FEAR ... "CLASSIC VIEW" Still there BURIED !!!! kind of... in Seller HUB ( 3-28-

My store is currently at slightly more than 2600 items, and the new Seller page is EXTREMELY clumsy to use.  (Please note:  I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT SELLER HUB -- I've been using Seller Hub for several years, without a hitch; but this new format Selling page that was forced upon us within the last few weeks is NUTS!). For example, I tried for nearly a half hour this morning to make a simple refund to a buyer -- without success.  I clicked all the specific buttons; but kept being sent to a bizarre-looking page, with HUGE copies of the items of mine which had sold, plus lines of type which had been overwritten with other lines of type, plus operational keys which didn't operate, and line after line of identical data lines.  I finally gave up, waited a few hours, and tried again, 7 hours later -- by which time the regular program had reappeared, and I could complete the refund.

Same thing with receiving messages, both from eBay and from buyers:  I would receive the indication that I had a message; however, clicking on it, I would be sent to a huge, bizarre page filled with HUGE black arrows and colored flags from all over the world, plus more lines of type that had been overwritten, and column after column on the left-hand side of the page of all the various functions available from eBay, plus inoperable click-on icons.  I had to wait several hours until it reverted back to the "normal" screen, in order to reply to buyers.

Same thing with attempting to create a sale item:  by clicking on the "Sell" and "Create" buttons, I was sent to a screen which asked (again) all of the questions which had been previously asked regarding what I was planning to sell, but this time without operable buttons that could actually have been used.  I went back and forth on that for about a half dozen times, before closing down my entire eBay page, and shutting off my computer.  After a 10-count, I switched on my computer again, selected eBay, but went to one of my other sites, than shut down THAT site, and backed into my regular site, which finally allowed me to create a new listing.

And now, we have no idea how many items we have sold within the month, nor how much money we have made during the month -- both those have been replaced by. . .nothing.  So in April, I'll have to begin a daily pen-and-paper ledger of my daily sales, just to keep a closer watch on my inventory.  One would think, in the year 2021, with all the advances in computer technology, that it would not be necessary to revert back to a separate ledger in order to account for daily sales -- but that is another disadvantage of the new Seller page.

In addition, the constant security checks are a huge waste of time -- every time I want to jump from  the My eBay page to my store page, and then back to My eBay, it is now regularly necessary to jump through the security test to prove that I am not a robot, and occasionally take a visual test (how many hills, or crosswalks, or fire hydrants, or tractors, etc, etc, etc) before I am allowed to enter my passwords again.  It used to be just a simple back-and-forth movement; but now it's like regularly traveling back and forth through a foreign country, multiple times in the same hour!  

And some days it takes multiple tries to even get INTO my eBay store -- I'll click on eBay, and then be sent on a huge, long, boring tour of nearly everything BUT the key to enter my code -- including HUGE, multiple full-color photos of this, than and the other -- but no bar at the top that will let me inside.  I've tried to enter through "Stores" at the bottom of the page; but that doesn't work, either.  Eventually, the bar at the top reappears, and ZIP!!!  in I go.  What a waste of time!

I'll try to provide some screen shot examples of the BIZARRE pages to which I am being sent now by eBay under this new system, as it is apparent that several of the readers on these threads about the new Selling page are unable to fully appreciate what a horrible mess this has become for many of us.  And, again, this is NOT a Seller Hub problem -- this is the direct result of programming changes which have occurred during the last month or so, which have led to monumental wastes of time, infuriating calls to eBay's "problem solvers," and lost income for sellers and eBay alike.

This is not how a multi-million dollar industry should be operated.

Message 61 of 127
latest reply

Re: NEVER FEAR ... "CLASSIC VIEW" Still there BURIED !!!! kind of... in Seller HUB ( 3-28-

@1786davycrockett 

Thank you for your post.  You being a larger seller helps in pointing out the fact that larger sellers DO use did use the older all selling page...not everyone is using the hub exclusively.  I use both the hub & the page.

"And now, we have no idea how many items we have sold within the month, nor how much money we have made during the month."

Isn't this info available on the hub?  Under performance/Sales?  You can customize the start/end dates.  This is one of the things that I do use the hub for.  It will also show you your fees & shipping costs on this same page as well.

Here is a portion of my performance/sales sheet.  Have you ever used this?   I do find this part of the hub to be very useful.

InkedScreenshot_2021-03-28 Performance Sales – eBay Seller Hub_LI (2).jpg

Also, @powell-memorabilia gave us that "All Selling" (https://www.ebay.com/sh/allselling/listings#active_iframe) page that is located in the hub.

Since you are a larger seller, does this all selling hub view work for you?

If so or not, could you tell us why.  I am trying to get an idea as to how these formats do or do not work for sellers and why that is.

Any insight of yours is valuable.

Thank you again for your post.

Message 62 of 127
latest reply

Hey Jovanbod,... when I first clicked on this link , I was like... WHOA !!.. here we go, I see the view count and everything... scroll scroll.. then Oh **bleep**..... there is a LIMIT to the page length of a maximum 25 items per page.  This would be a good thing if they "upped" the count to 200 like they do in the "active" link. This is a 'No Go" for me. On my desktop PC, I can drag the slider on the right of the page and skim through every item I have up to 200 items in 2 seconds ... rather that "click next page"-"click next page"-"click next page"-"click next page"...etc..etc...etc.  Just give us back CLASSIC VIEW and be done with this argument ... that my thought.

Message 63 of 127
latest reply

Man !! I feel your pain. I am a VERY small time Charlie and it is an OUTRAGE to be directed by agents to no end who have never sold on Ebay. There is no frame of reference for them and the programmers just seem to change things to appear to be doing something to collect a paycheck.. again, with NO frame of reference from our position as sellers. This problem is MASSIVE not only here, but in businesses everywhere. I work in the Dental Lab industry and when someone calls selling something, we know in an instant that they are reading from a script and have zero connection from a hands on standpoint of what they are trying to sell. It is laughable.... and we do laugh out loud when we get these calls. It is clear that they have never used the product that they are selling. This is who is changing our seller page.

Message 64 of 127
latest reply

I pretty much see the sellers coming here HAVE tried.

I have repeatedly said, in the seller Hub, I have to scroll back & forth to see my listings in active.

It is very slow.

It reloads constantly.

I work on an iPad.

My main photos are so small, I can't tell if they are any good, without CLICKING on each individual item. 

Each click is SLOW.

If I try to enlarge, they lose all definition. 

This doesn't work. CS was of course no help. 

my guess is I have spent at least 12/15 hours trying to make this work.

Thats without the added clicking on shipping.

How many more hours do I have to spend before I have tried?

I can TRY to push a boulder up a hill.

Does not mean I will be able to move it. 

Message 65 of 127
latest reply

Dear ebay worker/tech/ceo/cheerleader

Congrats YOU like it & are trying to brainwash us to as well.

TOO BAD! WE HATE IT & NEVER WILL LIKE IT! It looks like **bleep**, it functions like **bleep**, & if It Looks Like **bleep** & Functions Like **bleep**..............................................................

Message 66 of 127
latest reply

Does not let me on the classic selling page. Just something even worse than the Atrocious Sellers Hub!

Message 67 of 127
latest reply

no they will give you a defect for being late   who ya kidding??

Message 68 of 127
latest reply

This is what I have been using in place of the "classic selling page". I have it set up as jonavanbod_0 mentioned, all orders. This is now my landing page.

This is about the closest to the old "classic selling page". I still have to click around and it takes a little getting use to.

I suppose I will get use to it like everything else that changes around here, but I know I will never use the new "selling page" eBay set up to replace the old classic one.... not to be confused with seller hub.

Maybe I was too use to the old page, pop in, take a glance see what needed to be checked on and then pop out, now I spend more time clicking. Yes....what you need can be found, but it is a little clunky.

I am a little older so I wish the changes eBay makes would make life easier, not more difficult and time consuming, I adapt but I seem to spend twice the time now to do things I did a year ago.

Message 69 of 127
latest reply

@99centhousefund 

Not trying to brainwash you!  Believe me, I get it - some will always prefer the classic page.  BUT, if you open up and give the hub a try, you just might like it!  

Message 70 of 127
latest reply

Exactly

Message 71 of 127
latest reply

It appears that most on here with issues on the seller hub HAVE tried it.

They don’t like it. 

Message 72 of 127
latest reply

@lindyslucky 

I'm not so sure that others are as open to you regarding exploring the seller hub, or in using the workaround that so many "cheerleaders" have offered (the all selling page seems to hit the needs of most of the hub detractors).  I’ve seen a mix of responses from posters:

• I won’t look at it – I want my classic view NOW!
  • I'm not comfortable with any change
  • I’ve tried to make it work, and the hub is far inferior to classic
  • I’ve been using the hub for a long time – hated it at first, then after a few months, preferred it to classic
  • It is an extra few clicks per day - unacceptable
  • The hub is workable – not quite as good as classic, but it is close
  • The hub seems to work well for me, but the formatting isn’t appealing to my senses

I don’t presume that EVERYONE will love the hub.  There will be some that will always prefer classic.  There will be some that prefer the hub.  There will be many that are indifferent to the change. 

I’m just hoping that the doom and gloom crowd doesn’t get to those that should just take the hub for a spin.  There is so much negativity about change – any change at all – and the doom and gloom crowd seems to feed on amassing resentment to eBay, buyers, the USPS, the IRS, PayPal, etc.. 

Many have legitimate concerns about losing the classic seller page.  I don't mean to minimize the feelings of those sellers - there are certainly legitimate concerns.  

Message 73 of 127
latest reply

There is mass confusion now between Classic My eBay, The newish My eBay Selling Overview (with having to click to different pages).  And Sellers Hub!   Thanks eBay for the mass confusion for your sellers.

If it works eBay will change it and add fees for the seller.

Bring back Classic MY eBay ONE PAGE!

Use the FEEDBACK on your Summary page to tell them we hate it!

I've reached that age where my brain goes from "you probably shouldn't say that." To "what the heck, let's see what happens. "
Message 74 of 127
latest reply

I used to like to end 200 items at once, instead of 25 at a time. after many clicks. I have 1200 items listed at a time. maybe the extra clicks don't matter as much when you sell a few items a week. How about explaining how to change the hours in a day to 30 hours instead of 24. maybe I would have the time for extra clicks EACH time I perform one task . the new page is terrible for me to use.

Message 75 of 127
latest reply