cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Selling CSV - How can I create it to update shipping weight? Incorrectly figured the weights.

What fields do I need to use in the bulk listing CSV to only UPDATE item weights for about 150 art prints?

These are going FIRST CLASS MAIL . When I listed them, I only entered the weight of the print; not the packed weight. 🙄

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Bulk Selling CSV - How can I create it to update shipping weight? Incorrectly figured the weight

@huntfor 

I can't answer your question perfectly, but I can maybe give you an idea.

https://pics.ebay.com/aw/pics/pdf/us/file_exchange/File_Exchange_Advanced_Instructions.pdf

Starting on page 13 of the pdf, it describes various other values that can be put in the Action column.  There is a "Revise" feature, but I don't think you can change the shipping weight with it.

Another idea, if you have lot's of free listings, is to end the 150 listings, and re-list them with appropriate shipping weight.  There is an "End" feature that can be put in the Action column.  If you go this route, you can download a report that has all of your item numbers that you could copy/paste.  Good luck to you!

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Re: Bulk Selling CSV - How can I create it to update shipping weight? Incorrectly figured the weight

That doesn't work with a six-year-old manual. They have to update the manual for once.  You can use revise to update shipping status but that wouldn't work because those are old fields and not what I need:

"• Revise shipping status: Use to update the ShippingStatus, ShippingCarrierUsed, and
ShipmentTrackingNumber fields in Sold listings."

I'm not going to end my listings. I have a life outside of eBay. 🤷‍♀️

Don't worry about it. Thanks for the reply. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@huntfor 

I do believe the advice that  @danli-3564  was reluctant to provide would work. Try a revision with one listing.   The manual shows that the only dependencies for WeightMajor and WeightMinor would be each other. The File Exchange version of the CSV should work with Seller Hub.

Create a spreadsheet with an Action column, ItemID, and the two weight fields, something like this:

ActionItemIdWeightMajorWeightMinor
Revise123456789012013

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

That's clearer. Thanks. I'll try it. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@shipscript @danli-3564 Thank you both for your great help! The spreadsheet with the suggested fields in @shipscript example works great, with a warning. After you see the screenshot, @shipscript I'll ignore the warning, unless you say otherwise.

The advice to use the "revise" action was excellent @danli-3564  I needed the info from both of you because the FE manual didn't make it clear enough. See screenshots:

The spreadsheet:

successful-revise-one-item-shipping-weight.jpg

The report:

revise-one-listing-works-but-shows-warning.jpg

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Oh, I just realized you meant free shipping listings. No, I don't have those. After advice from a wide variety of people, I changed everything, so no more free shipping. I lost money on at least 5 sales because of it.

See solution and screenshots I posted to shipscript's spreadsheet example. Thank you for the help. Please reply in the solution post, not here. 🙂

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Just a quick note about that emoticon. I only put in the "shrug", not the woman symbol next to it, but I am a woman, so no problem. haha!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@huntfor 

The warning message.

Page 14 of the FileExchange manual addresses dependencies in a revision.

• We know that when a single Item Specific is changed, we must include ALL the item specifics that we want to appear in the listing.

• Similarlary, when a single photo is changed, we must include ALL the photos in the lineup.

• When changing shipping or payment information, there are similar dependencies, but they should  not apply if business policies are implemented and the fields are included in the policies

It appears that if you have combined shipping rules, the number of the rule is expected in the spreadsheet, else the combined shipping will be dropped from that listing.  However, combined shipping and rate tables are already a feature of the shipping policy.  The warning may be the result of switching your listings from flat to calculated shipping without updating the discount rule within the policy or without creating the combined rules for calculated shipping, which would differ from flat shipping rules

https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/posting-items/postage-rates/postage-discounts?id=4168

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I didn't change from flat to calculated. I just wanted to update the shipping weight and it worked. I saved the pages you referenced. Thank you.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply