cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty issue

I purchased a 28V 6Ah Battery from nextfitdyson with a 5yr warranty. It failed after one yr. The seller, nextfitdyson, has not responded to any of my many requests regarding the process of exchanging the battery. Speaking with as many as six eBay reps. my issue is still not resolved. To all buyers beware of nextfitdyson items they sell as my warranteed item was not honored. As far as eBay I'am not satisfied with the answers they have given me. They read from a pre-typed script which seems to absolve them from any false advertising from their clients.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Warranty issue

Unfortunately a warranty on an Ebay item is not worth the paper it is written on. Warranties have to be issued by the mgf company, you may want to contact them. But once they hear the item was purchased on Ebay,thats the end of the guarantee. 

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Warranty issue

If your seller is offering warranties that he will not comply with, there is a solution. Just buy another from him, then file for a return, and send back the original one.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Warranty issue

Pulling a fraudulent switcheroo does not come across as ethical at all to me. 

Warranties are applied by the manufacturer of the battery and even if Wal Mart of all businesses were to be involved WM would say contact the battery maker.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Warranty issue

There is no warranty on most items sold on eBay.  It's the company that made the item that honors the warranty.  Many items like that battery are sold under many brand names.  They are all made by the same company but the name on the box is just a marketing name and there is no such company.

You see it all the time with items made in China. Yes, there is a parts list in the manual but if you look close you see there are no part numbers or any info on where to order replacements from.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Warranty issue

@ripsmc wrote:

Pulling a fraudulent switcheroo does not come across as ethical at all to me. 

Warranties are applied by the manufacturer of the battery and even if Wal Mart of all businesses were to be involved WM would say contact the battery maker.

If the seller offers a three year warranty, he needs to make sure that it is valid.  If he doesn’t and won’t stand behind his products, what else should a buyer do?  Just live with it? 

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Warranty issue

Below is a cut and paste from that seller's ad. Note it says " Include Factory warranty" and seems to me to be pretty explicit. That seller is no different than countless other online vendors or brick and mortar stores. It says nothing at all about a vendor provided warranty.

All the products we are selling include factory warranty, don’t cover items that have been abused, burned and damaged in any form.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Warranty issue

@frostb42 wrote:

I purchased a 28V 6Ah Battery from nextfitdyson with a 5yr warranty. It failed after one yr. The seller, nextfitdyson, has not responded to any of my many requests regarding the process of exchanging the battery. Speaking with as many as six eBay reps. my issue is still not resolved. To all buyers beware of nextfitdyson items they sell as my warranteed item was not honored. As far as eBay I'am not satisfied with the answers they have given me. They read from a pre-typed script which seems to absolve them from any false advertising from their clients.

eBay and most online venues have a 30 day MBG.

@frostb42 

Buyers can beware of any warranty when the product is not purchased directly from a authorized Distributor or Manufacturer. 

I sell a LOT of new products that I buy from an Authorized Distributor.  I sell them on Amazon and eBay.  Even though the manufacturer may offer a 1 year warranty or a 5 year warranty, if you buy it from me, you get 30 days.

End of Story

Posting ID
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Warranty issue

Very few sellers on eBay are authorized dealers. If you're not purchasing an item from an authorized dealer, there is no manufacturer warranty present. If you're not sure if a seller is an authorized dealer, ask them before  making a purchase, or just check the item price against the MSRP. If they are selling for 25% or more off of retail price, they're almost surely not an official dealer.

There are MANY sellers on here who are just copying wordage on packaging to add to their listings, without researching when the warranties they advertise are actually valid.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Warranty issue

Despite what the seller offers eBay only has a 30 day Money Back Guarantee. For any issue over 30 days you are on your own trying to get the buyer to provide warranty service.

Speaking of warranties eBay actually has a warranty policy  that states if a warranty is provided the full written text or a link to it  must be in the description. That way you will see how to register the warranty and see the phone number or the manufacturer's website how to contact them when you need service. 

If that wasn't in the listing then the seller isn't an authorized distributor.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Warranty issue

Not sure where your coming from lakefor94 , and your comment about, " end of story" but the batt. I purchased was a replacement Batt. 28V 6.oAh from, nextfitdyson, the seller and they offered the 5yr replacement warranty not the manufacturer. If I bought the batt. from you I would understand you offer a 30-day warranty, but if you offered a 5yr warranty I would expect you to honor it. Hopefully, this clarifies things for you. 

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Warranty issue

I pored through a number of that seller's listings and can find no reference to any warranty offered by that vendor. There are plenty of references to a 5 year warranty from the manufacturer. Care to show me where that vendor states they offer anything other than a 60 day money back return?

To reiterate; a pair of cut and pastes from that seller's listing is posted below.

Manufacturer warranty
5 years

All the products we are selling include factory warranty, don’t cover items that have been abused, burned and damaged in any form.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Warranty issue

Well, ripsmc trailblazse, or whom ever you are we can go round and round on this warranty issue. If you place an item for sale on eBay and surround it with pictures like the item your purchasing, but in reality has nothing to do with the item you are selling. That's false advertising. If in fact you are a seller I'll make sure not to trust your ads.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Warranty issue

ok

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Warranty issue

I'm still waiting for you to cut and paste one thing from that seller's auctions that offer anything other than a factory warranty.  You are assuming something that is not and that never works out well.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: