cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent wrong item

I purchased some blood glucose test strips from seller. She sent me 3 Leviton light switches. I opened the box at the post office, and saw the switches. I told the postal employee I did not order them. I did not realize they were sent to me by my Ebay seller. I told the postal lady that I hated to just keep them because I knew they were expensive switches, so she said I could just refuse them, and they would return them to seller. I made the mistake of doing this because I didn't know they were MY wrong items sent to me. I did take a picture of the return label the P.O stuck on the box to prove I returned them. When I realized after I got home that tracking showed my Ebay item had arrived is when I knew the package had been sent to me from the Ebay seller, but was wrong item. I contacted her immediately, and she said she was sorry and would send the test strips out immediately. I waited for days, and nothing. I contacted her again, and she said sorry again, and would take the order that day and send me tracking the same evening. NOTHING!!! So I asked Ebay to step in, and they said they would do nothing because the item had said delivered in tracking! They didn't even look at our emails back and fourth and see what she told me! Evidently her feedback proves my case as she now has another buyer claiming he didn't get his 3 Leviton switches, but was sent a small item (my test strips I'm sure) and he is not a happy camper as I am not pleased with Ebays response either. I have been with Ebay for may years, and I buy things from them constantly every month. They are making a huge mistake by ignoring my complaint. I will not miss 18 dollars, but they will miss many more sales to me because of their neglect. I might just stop all my Ebay dealings. It's just the principle of the whole thing. They need to wake up and review all cases before they just say "your item was delivered". Anyone else ever had this problem???

This is what she sent me. This buyers 3 Leviton switches. Below is the buyer she probably sent my test strips to. I know mistakes happen, but seller is not being up front with their mistakes. Instead risk getting bad feedback. Not cool!

Buyer: c***p (545)
US $63.00
Verified purchase
Seller shipped wrong small item in a big box with no packing material. Time waster be careful.
*BRAND NEW* - Leviton ODS15-GHW 120/277V Plastic Occupancy Sensor Lot Of 3 (#375171617573)

This is what I ordered...
Order date:Feb 06, 2024Order total:US $18.00(Auto-paid)

garys5114_0-1709045267229.jpeg

Delivered on Tue, Feb 13  (This is the 27th and still no test strips or refund and Ebay won't help!)
Returns not accepted.
Case closed by Customer Service.
US $18.00
Sold by:  gray_byalexandra
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Sent wrong item

Thank you for your response but I know how to return things on Ebay. I couldn't do so because I already had the item returned. Would have done me no good to receive a return label when I had nothing to return. It's possible I could have tried to get a return label, but not sure it would have mattered. I will attempt to do so if it ever happens again, but I assure you it won't happen again.

I realize I should not have refused the item as I stated, but I also stated that I did not KNOW it was from my Ebay seller, and just had the PO return it. I said that was my mistake. After 19 years of Ebay selling and buying I have never had the wrong item sent to me, so I didn't think before refusing it and returning it.  I told the seller that I understood that she got our labels crossed, and that she needs to reach out to the other buyer who received MY test strips, and ask him to send them back to her, and relist them and I would buy them again, and she needed to send him his Leviton switches that I returned to her, and ask him to either revise the bad feedback left for her or see if he will ask Ebay to remove it. And stop lying to buyers stating their order would be sent out immediately when they didn't even have the item in their possession anymore. I cold have waited for the item to be returned to her.  And by the way I have now had my purchase price refunded to me.

You got a refund!

Your refund was sent. It may take 3 to 5 business days for the refund to be completed.  

Refund summary

Subtotal
$18.00
Refund Total
$18.00
Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Do you really think I care about someone who just sells rabbit crap thinks about anything? And you have no feedback whatsoever, and nothing to sell now, so what do you do? Just set around trolling the forums to leave your words of wisdom?

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

posting ID on eBay typically refers to an identifier associated with your activity on the platform. 

Many posters on the community boards will have zero or low feedback are using posting IDs and not selling ids for privacy.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

When you post on a public forum it becomes everyone's business.

Now will just sit back and await your reply, which, judging by your replies to others here, will be some insulting remark.  

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

I can promise you I will never make the mistake of posting ANYTHING on Ebay forums again. There are way too many "opinions" from some people that have nothing but stupid comments to say that upset others. This is the reason I have never been on Facebook/Twitter/etc...I don't text people either, or even own a "smart" phone. I am 73 years old, and I use a phone the way it was meant to be used. To "talk" to people when necessary, and keep in touch with my V.A. health team, and a few friends I have left. Most have died now.  I read a book titled "You Can't Text A Tough Conversation" by Mike Bechtle, and it is the absolute truth. I wish everyone would get a copy on Ebay and read it, and pass it on. Published in 2015, and copies are really cheap. There is way too much misunderstanding and confusion sometimes from texting. (And Emails as well) Some misunderstand and accuse others of being mad or rude, and the person wasn't mad or rude at all. But that is why I avoid all texting, and have rarely even left a comment or feedback about anything on the internet whether I agree with it or not. I NEVER get spam mail or pop-ups on my computer (or my cell flip phone).  I admit I can be very blunt and to the point (when people upset me) which most people do not take well. We live in times now when it seems like people are offended at the drop of a hat, so I try not to complain much. I was only seeking help and information by posting my issue out of frustration. I got a few comments that I felt were accusational towards me and I don't respond well to curt remarks or unhelpful answers. I admitted that I made the mistake of sending the package back and why I did so, but some wanted to tell me what I did wrong and how to correct it which did me no good. Like I said, I have been with Ebay for over 19 years now, and I know how to return things. I only got on the forums because Ebay refused to help me twice. I had to call them to get anything done, and they did so. The seller immediately refunded me since she had already received the items back. You should have seen the emails she sent me that were total lies to me. Totally unnecessary. All she had to do was tell me the truth. I am not hard to deal with on Ebay. Like I said before, there have been numerous times sellers I have dealt with deserved bad feedback, and I always leave they positive feedback...Sorry if I offended you.....Gary

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

Frankly, you made an error.  The responders here tried to tell you how it went wrong and what to do.  

You replied that it was none of our business.  Those are the facts.  Not planning to engage any further, glad to hear your issue got resolved.  

Message 21 of 21
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: