cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent wrong item

I purchased some blood glucose test strips from seller. She sent me 3 Leviton light switches. I opened the box at the post office, and saw the switches. I told the postal employee I did not order them. I did not realize they were sent to me by my Ebay seller. I told the postal lady that I hated to just keep them because I knew they were expensive switches, so she said I could just refuse them, and they would return them to seller. I made the mistake of doing this because I didn't know they were MY wrong items sent to me. I did take a picture of the return label the P.O stuck on the box to prove I returned them. When I realized after I got home that tracking showed my Ebay item had arrived is when I knew the package had been sent to me from the Ebay seller, but was wrong item. I contacted her immediately, and she said she was sorry and would send the test strips out immediately. I waited for days, and nothing. I contacted her again, and she said sorry again, and would take the order that day and send me tracking the same evening. NOTHING!!! So I asked Ebay to step in, and they said they would do nothing because the item had said delivered in tracking! They didn't even look at our emails back and fourth and see what she told me! Evidently her feedback proves my case as she now has another buyer claiming he didn't get his 3 Leviton switches, but was sent a small item (my test strips I'm sure) and he is not a happy camper as I am not pleased with Ebays response either. I have been with Ebay for may years, and I buy things from them constantly every month. They are making a huge mistake by ignoring my complaint. I will not miss 18 dollars, but they will miss many more sales to me because of their neglect. I might just stop all my Ebay dealings. It's just the principle of the whole thing. They need to wake up and review all cases before they just say "your item was delivered". Anyone else ever had this problem???

This is what she sent me. This buyers 3 Leviton switches. Below is the buyer she probably sent my test strips to. I know mistakes happen, but seller is not being up front with their mistakes. Instead risk getting bad feedback. Not cool!

Buyer: c***p (545)
US $63.00
Verified purchase
Seller shipped wrong small item in a big box with no packing material. Time waster be careful.
*BRAND NEW* - Leviton ODS15-GHW 120/277V Plastic Occupancy Sensor Lot Of 3 (#375171617573)

This is what I ordered...
Order date:Feb 06, 2024Order total:US $18.00(Auto-paid)

garys5114_0-1709045267229.jpeg

Delivered on Tue, Feb 13  (This is the 27th and still no test strips or refund and Ebay won't help!)
Returns not accepted.
Case closed by Customer Service.
US $18.00
Sold by:  gray_byalexandra
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Sent wrong item

Seems like the seller would want to straighten that out if only to address removal of that bad feedback. Leave yours now. Good luck.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Sent wrong item

And you did not open an item not as described case because . . .?

And you did not buy FROM eBay.  You bought from an individual seller on eBay.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Sent wrong item

Regarding a FB you left for another seller:  If you didn't get the knife you wanted, didn't you open an NAD case?

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Sent wrong item

When you refuse a package, that voids your MBG.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Sent wrong item

@garys5114 wrote:

They are making a huge mistake by ignoring my complaint.

Your compaint is invalid since you opted yourself out of the MBG.

There is nothing ebay can do since you shot yourself in the foot.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Sent wrong item

2-28-24 Called Ebay. After reviewing all of my proof, they understood completely what I was saying, and were in total agreement with me, and have responded in my favor. They are going to refund my money if the seller does not respond to their corrections for them.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Sent wrong item

You don't know what you are talking about. I DID buy from Ebay seller.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Sent wrong item

What's that got to do with this case I am talking about? I decided to keep the knife and repair it myself. Not that your questions deserves an answer as it is really none of your business.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Sent wrong item

Read my whole story more carefully.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Sent wrong item

Then why are they siding with me now, and are going to refund my money if I don't get the item as promised by the seller within the next couple of days?

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Sent wrong item

I'm sure it was an honest mistake on the sellers part. She put the wrong label on my box, and another buyers label on MY package. He was not happy, and left her bad feedback. I believe he should have contacted her, and sent for a return label himself before leaving that feedback. He could have sent my test strips back to her and she could then send them to me. I was in no hurry to get them. Instead she lied to me in more than one response that they were being sent immediately and with her apologies. But she never sent them. I've never had anything like this happen to me in 19 years of buying and selling on Ebay. I try my best to never leave bad feedback, and there have been occasions where it was deserved trust me! I have to be really upset to decide to leave bad feedback that is truly deserved. I even asked Ebay to look into his case and see if they could get the seller to send him the correct order that I returned to her, and maybe get him to revise or remove the bad feedback he left for her. Some people are way too quick to leave bad feedback out of anger, and they need to wait, and just cool off and think about the proper ways to deal with the issue first. Most sellers are usually eager to make it right, but some aren't.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Sent wrong item

You are the only one who left a decent reply. Thank you very much! I stated more below about this in another comment left in response to their comment.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Sent wrong item

@garys5114 wrote:

Read my whole story more carefully.

I did and it doesn't change anything.

Have a great day
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Sent wrong item

In case something similar happens again, open a return case through your purchase history stating that the wrong item was sent. The seller will be required to send you a return label and refund once it is returned or refund without a return.  Then you can purchase the correct item.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: