cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNAD abuse

And the party continues!

So, in my case, i have a buyer that filled a SNAD and didnt upload details of the real problem regarding recieved item or even photos.

Nothing!

I also contacted ebay agent via chat. Total waste of time since these are not neutral.

Just to see their reasoning, i asked to agent if its is acceptable that a buyer  claims that the received item is not as described and no more info is shared with seller and with ebay.

The answer was "yes, is acceptable".

Bravo!

I told the agent. If so, try to open a business, sell items via post carrier, and after a buyer tells you that something happened with the item, you simple say: dont need to know what happened, please send it back at my expenses (and loose to the initial postage)!! 

Ebay is great!!!

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: SNAD abuse

When a SNAD is opened, all you can do is take it back or just refund and let them keep it for free.  It's just a cost of doing business here.  You have to pass a bit to all your prices to cover it.

When a buyer says SNAD, the seller is gonna be SAD.

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

I can relate, I bought three watches last week

2 came in way smaller than advertised

(usually smaller watches don't sell or sell for a much lower price)

and the 3rd was a totally different model and color

-one seller issued a return label

-another does not want to issue a return label 

-I did not file the 3rd SNAD yet

What unscrupulous sellers, 

I stopped using ebay for years and now I remember why!!

I paid to get nothing and a little gift of frustration in "return"

no pun intended! 

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

eBay's Money Back Guarantee is pretty good for buyers if used correctly and in a timely manner.  

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

Per eBay rules, a buyer who opens an item not as described case is not required to go into the details of exactly how the item is NAD.  

And your paragraph beginning with "I told the agent . . ." is exactly the way eBay is set up.  ALL sellers need to understand that before they begin to sell here.  

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

Ok, so if you try to sell an item and your buyer want to return it just because it changed his mind but instead of opening a regular return he opens a SNAD, being fraudulent,  just to have a free return you will certainly understand. The motif here ( abusing a buyer protection program) is irrelevant for you, correct? 

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

But certainly you opened a claim and contacted the seller stating what was exactly the problem, right? My question is another: my buyer didnt even stated what was the problem.

Just opened the claim stating "incorrect item", with prior contact! 

Is the reasonable??

If you purchase an item in a store, in e-commerce, its reasonable to not provide photos or text regarding with issue??

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

Doesn't matter what "we" think.

On eBay, it is what it is. 

soh.mary is just stating the facts.

Most of us sellers are not  "OK" with it, but know how it works.

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

Unfortunately that is correct...  That is why sellers are giving up ebay.  In other places, a buyer is required to, at least, explain whats happened. And that is common sense. If a buyer is not happy with an item he should justify why.

Nowadays, if i purchase in Amazon, FNAC, etc, etc,  i cant tell them simply : "recieved incorrect".

Now, they will, of course, ask you, "ok, what you received instead?"

And if i dont provide answer they will be suspecting that iam hidding somthing.

I dont have problems with returns, i do have problems with fraudulent SNAD claims!

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

That's the way it works and has for years. Only recently to some buyers have to upload a photo; but even if they photo is IDENTICAL to the item, you- the seller STILL get to pay for the return shipping. Again, just the way it works.

To avoid 'some' of the INAD's; simply allow returns (since it will be forced down your throat anyway); this will ONLY stop people 'in the know' from 'pushing' a return back and, of course, there are a few others that 'know' about the 'shipping' thing. Most don't, so most of the time, they pay the return. 

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

I empathise with you and agree 100%.

And I understand why Ebay has to process things the way they do.

Dishonest sellers are not only driving buyers away, but also honest sellers

who have to suffer the wrath of irked customers 

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

Totally agree with this.  eBay is the wild west pretty much - seller or buyer, you're on your own.  Just had a return and only refunded about 20% of my original cost - apparently it costs $50 to ship a small box halfway across CONUS now.

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

Mate, accepting returns wont solve anything.

Take a look, this buyer wants to return what he purchased because he changed his mind.

Now think, what is the best for him? Stating that he no longer requires the item, and paying return shipping OR stating that item is "incorrect" and have the chance of free return??

Think!  A buyer that is fraudulent wont give a damm if i accept or not the return, what he cares is how to return without paying return fee!

And how is that accomplished?  Simply: opening a SNAD! That means free return for him!

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

I dont disagree that, in case of SNAD, the cost of the shipping fee for return the faulty item is seller responsability.

I do agree with that. If seller shipped NAD item then he must pay for it.

What iam claiming here is that ebay its not sensible to suspect fraud on SNAD claims where:

1) buyer dont answer seller in private;

2) buyer dont answer in the request message center;

3)buyer simply states "incorrect item", with no specification of what happened (payed blue, received red, or, missing parts, or received brick!)

This kind of behaviour conducts, most likely, to buyer protection abuse!!

Again, this is not by "reurn postage" itself, no!

A think ebay should, in these cases, ask , in a mandatory way, what happened in concrete.

Otherwise this is a party!

Whenever a buyer feels remorse, lets open a SNAD to get free return!!

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

Pretty sure I did not say the buyer protection program is irrelevant, either to me to anyone else.

My point was (since I did not make it clear) is that eBay's MBG for buyers does not require that the buyer offer a reason other than the item is NAD.  Have no idea of the number, but there are probably quite a few SNAD cases where the item was perfectly fine as described, but the buyer knew he could get a prepaid return label as well as a total refund by using that reason.  

Message 15 of 29
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: