cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns

I need to return an item that did not match the picture and description. The seller sent me an incorrect shipping label. The seller does not respond to my request to send a corrected label. When I try to ask Ebay for help, it just says I need to take action on the return. I do not want to lose more money paying for return shipping. What can I do to get help from Ebay? Thanks!

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Returns

@1*1*1*1* wrote:

I would be sending the item to myself. The return address is mine and the from address is the seller. So, just use it anyway?

Check the tracking number on the label and the tracking number on the order.

If they are the same, they just sent a copy of the original shipping label.

If they are different and that's what was provided, use it and when tracking shows it was delivered, you'll get a refund.

Have a great day.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Returns

What makes you think the seller sent an incorrect return shipping label? 

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Returns

Thank you for your reply. The shipping label has the wrong address.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Returns

@1*1*1*1* wrote:

Thank you for your reply. The shipping label has the wrong address.

@1*1*1*1* 

A seller can use a different 'Ship from' address than their 'Return to' address. If that's the label you got, use it.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Returns

You received a label.  Your seller sent that label.  Use that label, regardless of the address, to return the item.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Returns

@1*1*1*1* wrote:

I need to return an item that did not match the picture and description. The seller sent me an incorrect shipping label.

The seller does not respond to my request to send a corrected label. When I try to ask Ebay for help, it just says I need to take action on the return.

I do not want to lose more money paying for return shipping. What can I do to get help from Ebay? Thanks! 

This may sound strange @1*1*1*1* but your only objective is to get that label on its way.

On eBay, whether 

- the seller sent the label

- or it is an eBay-issued return label

you will get a refund as long as the label gets its first scan, even if it is never delivered to the seller

e.g. because it is a Ground Advantage label but it should be Priority Mail and gets bounced back to you.

But you won't get a refund if you pay for return shipping yourself and something goes wrong with the delivery.

So get the label scanned

e.g. at the self-service kiosk in a post office lobby, no need to stand in line at the counter.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Returns

I would be sending the item to myself. The return address is mine and the from address is the seller. So, just use it anyway?

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Returns

@1*1*1*1* wrote:

Check the tracking number on the label and the tracking number on the order.

If they are the same, they just sent a copy of the original shipping label.

If they are different and that's what was provided, use it and when tracking shows it was delivered, you'll get a refund.

Have a great day.
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Returns

@1*1*1*1* wrote:

@1*1*1*1* 

So you're saying that the label has YOU in the 'Ship to' area and the seller in the 'From' area? Yep... that ^^^ is strange. If you drop that in the postal box, you'll get your refund when the item is delivered back at your own home, no? 🤔

And you say, "When I try to ask Ebay for help, it just says I need to take action on the return." Have you opened a Return or have you simply contacted the seller who sent you a copy of the label they used? Expand, please...

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Returns

I would be sending the item to myself. The return address is mine and the from address is the seller. 

--------------------------------------------

Why would you not state this in the 1st post ????

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Returns

I opened a return with Ebay. Other than one purchase in April of 2021, I've only been an active buyer since July 2023. I am not a seller. This all seems strange. The seller sent me the wrong item. I don't want the seller to lose money but I would like my money back. If I can use this label then the seller doesn't get the item back. I just checked, the tracking numbers are different. What everyone is saying about using the label anyways makes sense. It just feels wrong to get the money back and yet I'll still get the item back. I'll just do it so I can get my money back. Thanks everyone. I've never posted before but it really did help. I really appreciate your time and advice.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Returns

@1*1*1*1* wrote:

I opened a return with Ebay. Other than one purchase in April of 2021, I've only been an active buyer since July 2023. I am not a seller. This all seems strange. The seller sent me the wrong item. I don't want the seller to lose money but I would like my money back. If I can use this label then the seller doesn't get the item back. I just checked, the tracking numbers are different. What everyone is saying about using the label anyways makes sense. It just feels wrong to get the money back and yet I'll still get the item back. I'll just do it so I can get my money back. Thanks everyone. I've never posted before but it really did help. I really appreciate your time and advice.

Do NOT use that label...and I'm not sure WHERE you got that 'people are saying use it anyway'....they were simply NOT understanding what you were stating.

If the 'ship to' address is YOUR address and the return address is the Sellers, then contact ebay for business on facebook (reps there can help).

Sounds like the seller is scamming you...in fact, sellers DO NOT send 'labels', ebay does through the case (but sellers CAN change the 'ship to' address', but the 'return' address would be yours so...it is in the RETURN CASE (are you looking there?) and is provided by Ebay and there is NO WAY the Seller can 'change' the 'ship to' unless they are putting your name/address in... then, as I stated, scamming you, so contact the reps as I stated. 

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Returns

@1*1*1*1* wrote:

If it's a different label, use it.

Some shady sellers will try anything to not have to give a refund.

Have a great day.
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Returns

They shouldn't have to contact Ebay.

As long as they use the label provided, they'll get a refund when it shows delivered.

Have a great day.
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Returns

Before escalating the issue, make sure you've attempted to communicate with the seller again. Politely explain the situation and request a corrected shipping label. Keep a record of all communication.
If the seller is unresponsive or unwilling to provide a correct label, you can open a return request on eBay. Go to your "Purchase history," find the item, and select "Return this item." Follow the prompts to explain the issue.
eBay has a Money Back Guarantee that protects buyers in case the item received doesn't match the listing description. If the seller fails to resolve the issue, eBay may step in to help and, if necessary, issue a refund.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: