cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First return in ages, did I blow it?

I did BIN for two items and did the auto checkout. Seller sent both items in same package, no big deal. Both items are not as described and I went through the return process. Since the items were listed individually two separate returns ended up having two separate shipping labels. I put both items in box and used one label. I just got an automated message from ebay saying return for one item has been initiated. My guess is since only one shipping label was scanned they think only one item is being returned??? Is there a way to link the shipping label I used with both items? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Need to link the items with the same tracking...not the box or package. Each item needs a tracking number even if it's the same tracking number. I have orders for 40+ items...and you better believe it's in one box but I will put the tracking which is the same on all 40+ items to cover my butt....this is the same for returns.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Since you were sent 2 return labels, you should have sent each item separate.

It doesnt matter that both were shipped in 1 box to you, eBay supplied 2 labels so each item should have gone separate.

You may be able to go into the return and add the 1 label to the 2nd item.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I don't think there is any way to link them. The seller allowed eBay to provide the labels in the return case.

I would go ahead and send an padded envelope or small box with the 2nd label on it back to the seller if you want to get credit for both returns in eBay's system. 

Posting ID
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the replies. Ebay CS was able to link the tracking numbers for me. This should be user selectable just like it is for when a seller sends two or more items in same package. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Nice work. Did you use the Help and Contact link or did you use Social Media?  Just wondering what is working?

Posting ID
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

If you have the second label, use it to send a padded envelope with a note saying both items are in the first package.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I used the help and contact link. First entered chat then asked for agent in chat. Got a call from ebay within 2 minutes after the request. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: