cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns over 30 days and threaten to take me to small claims court

Buyer bought a Asrock Z690 PG Velocita LGA 1700 Intel Z690 DDR5 ATX Motherboard in December 2022 and wanted to return it  end of February  had it for over 60 days,  He tried to get his money back from Ebay and it still up in the air,   He says he will sue me in small claims court if I don't give him a refund,   he is in Arizona and I am In California,   do I have to go to Arizona if he sues me in small claims court there,  he has also threatened to get a lawyer,  the Item was $200

Please help,  what should I do

Regards, Danny

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

He can open a chargeback on his credit card for up to 6 months in most situations, so be aware of that. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@mreuro From what I know the person has to file a small claims suit against you in the state where you live, not where they live.

Normally a person would not be able to get a refund once the guarantee has run out, at least not via eBay. If they paid with Paypal they could always open a case and get a refund as long as they pay return shipping; they get 180 days to do so. There is also the chance they could contact their bank and get a refund from them.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: