cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixed up two items, one is settled, other dealer hasn't responded

This is a backwards problem and I can't seem to find the solution in ebay's help searches.  I accidentally switched two items in shipping.  The first person who received the wrong item contacted me.  I sent them a return label, they returned the item, and I gave them a refund.  They would still like to have the original item.  The person who got the other item has not responded to my daily messages and I don't see a way to open a return request from seller to buyer.  It looks like a good dealer with over 7000 positive feedback and is registered in the USA.  I suspect he has a high volume, doesn't check all the messages, and probably has other people sorting received packages.  I did not put a packing slip in the package.  

How do I get his attention to let him know he has the wrong item, and that I have his?  I will be glad to send him a return label and also ship him the item he purchased.  I've only had this happen one other time and that only involved one dealer getting the wrong item and ebay didn't have to get involved.  This was totally my fault and I don't want to start a process that will reflect badly on the other dealer, but I do want to get the merchandise back.  Any solutions?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Mixed up two items, one is settled, other dealer hasn't responded

Find the order and where the order is; there is the buyers phone number. Call them. 

As stated, there is no process for this. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@retrobiz wrote:

I don't want to start a process that will reflect badly on the other dealer, but I do want to get the merchandise back.

There's no process you can start.

If the other buyer wants to return the item, they will, or they'll decide to keep what they received.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Receiver can not be compelled to respond or return

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Find the order and where the order is; there is the buyers phone number. Call them. 

As stated, there is no process for this. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Its a mistake and nothing you can do.

I have made a few.

Bugging the buyer with emails or calling on the phone is something I wouldn't do in my opinion.

If they want to contact you they will. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

if you mixed up the items and the buyer who wont return it got a  better item then you are stuck

some items look similar like 12 size watches

I sent a guy a $60 12 size and it was supposed to be a $40 12 size

well the buyer liked it so much they kept it instead of crying about a mixup

when a mixup happens one buyer gets the short stick maybe and the other buyers gets a prize they were not expecting

@retrobiz 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Wrong item sent: you just gave away that item:; Laws are such that  it protects folks from an old bait and switch or the adding of items and then charging em for such..

I have done such it happens: a fast way to learn to be very careful when packing and labels.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: