cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent Return

What can I do?  Buyer changed mind on an item.  Opened up case to return.  The item shows delivered, but I never got it.   I went ahead and refunded the buyer because I figure I have no choice... a case i'm sure I can't win.  Figured the package was misdelivered or something.    I called up USPS to find out that the tracking they provided wasn't even to my house and wasn't even under my name.   The returned item should have been around 3 or 4 lbs, but the USPS person said it was only a small envelope.    Since the package doesn't have my name or address I can't get any info on it.  Has any body come across this scam?  How on earth did they do that... shows my zip code and city, but not delivered to me.  Very Odd.  Can't get a hold of Ebay, no number to call.  This really sucks!  I'm ok with the loss, but i would like Ebay to know about this.  Any Ideas?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Fraudulent Return

Ebay knows about it, it's been going on for awhile.

You need to get a letter from USPS stating that the package with that tracking number was not addresses to you.

File mail fraud and a police report.

Once you have those, appeal the case.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Also just realized I probably paid for return shipping.  How do I check if I paid for the return shipping.  Oh my gosh.  This is just horrible.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Ebay knows about it, it's been going on for awhile.

You need to get a letter from USPS stating that the package with that tracking number was not addresses to you.

File mail fraud and a police report.

Once you have those, appeal the case.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Am I allowed to post a tracking #?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@cameragraveyard wrote:

Am I allowed to post a tracking #? 

Yes it's your item @cameragraveyard so you're allowed to post some details about it here, for us to discuss.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Yes, you can post the tracking number, but don't think it'll show much, other then delivered.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 6
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: