cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial refund declined -cant submit another offer?

I just had my very first refund request in the 26 years I've been on Ebay! Unfortunately I wasnt familar with the process and offered buyer a partial refund which she declined. We now mutually agreed on a higher partial refund but I'm learning after the fact you can only do this once and now it's either full refund or return! Is there any way around this? Can I get ahold of someone at Ebay to reverse this? I'm thinking I could paypal her the amount but that wouldnt close out the refund process on Ebay's end. ANY help is greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Can I get ahold of someone at Ebay to reverse this? I'm thinking I could paypal her the amount but that wouldnt close out the refund process on Ebay's end.

@jadebridge 

You cannot get eBay to reverse this. If your buyer is happy with the decided-upon refund (and yes, you could send it through PayPal), the buyer would need to close the Return to prevent eBay from forcing a full refund through the claim. Know that if the buyer doesn't close it, you may be refunding double... the partial through PayPal and the full through your Managed Payments account. So I guess it boils down to your faith in your buyer.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for the information. I liked it better when Ebay and paypal were merged. It seemed easier to do tasks, at least for me. I'm going to have to hope the buyer will be honest. Do you know whether I am able to dispute the forced full refund if the buyer doesn't close it?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

If you refund the buyer outside of Ebay, Ebay can still give the buyer a full refund and there's nothing you'll be able to do.

Accept the return and provide a shipping label.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@jadebridge 

It may be possible for the buyer to close the dispute, and to trust you to do a "partial" refund. I would think that could be done through eBay on the "manage all orders" page using the dropdown menu for that item, but not sure if a "send refund" option is still there after a request has been opened/closed.

If it isn't there you could always then go another route for the partial.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

That's what I was thinking....because if I didn't do the partial, she could still go after me through Ebay (I think) and of course leave negative feedback. But if I gave her the partial first before she closed, she could keep it open and I'd have to pay for the full refund after already giving her a partial and Ebay has no recourse for sellers!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: