cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Question

Hello,

I received a request saying they wanted to cancel product they bought. The buyer paid for shipping and the item. I purchased the shipping label but have not taken it to be mailed just yet. I received the request to return the item. If I refund them how does that work for the shipping cost? Is not something I would be required to pay? The shipping was paid by them but the label was created yet not shipped. I guess I am confused because when you purchase a shipping label on ebay it always says "from your funds" I am thinking that means from the buyer's funds.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Return Question

You can void the label in eBay labels and get refunded.  It takes a while but when they verify you aren't using the label your will get one. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Return Question

If it were me, I'd cancel the order, void the label you printed and block the buyer.

Find the order (Seller Hub/Orders/Paid and shipped) and use the drop-down menu to 'Void label'. You'll see a refund in about 3 weeks, but you'll free your item to be relisted immediately. Good luck.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Return Question

Be aware that the refund from a void shipping label takes 2-3 weeks (sometimes more)

also, the cancellation/refund is in "real-time" whereas the funds FOR that transaction might still be in processing...your account "may" show a negative number for a day or so......(because the processing is in process)...don't panic, it will even out after a day or two once the processing is completed (of the original sale funds)

if it is the 110 shipping order, you may be fronting that money since you already purchased the label, but eventually, you will get it reimbursed

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: