cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay made a refund when buyer never shipped the item back!

Buyer opened return and I accept it and sent her return label. In couple days I got message from Ebay item returned and in 10 min got message she asked an Ebay for help and they made her the full refund. (Really??? I wasn't even at home at that minute as well as Ebay should give me 3 days to make a refund). When I came back home I noticed item is not delivered. When I checked the label I sent her it have never been used. I called to Ebay and guy told me it was sent with another label that have another address not even my state) they clearly see she never used prepaid return label I sent her with my address. I opened appeal and Ebay declined it. So she sent it to her friend or somewhere else, never used my return label and I should pay for this??? What about seller protection? I am shocked!!!

P.S. Contacted them via Facebook messages. What I got:

@I'm so sorry to hear about this situation. After checking the case, I can see you've already appealed this return and it looks like it was previously denied. I can also see this was submitted to our back office teams for an additional appeal which was also denied. At this point, we don't have any options to appeal this further. You can work with the post office and your customer to help locate the package. I wish you all the best with this. I'm sorry we don't have a way to take further actions on this case from our side".

How can I locate the package if she never used return label I sent her???

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ebay made a refund when buyer never shipped the item back!

What about seller protection?

What seller protection? Scammers are coming out of the woodwork these days because they know eBay will always back the buyer if they play their cards right. Seems to becoming the new normal for our society.

All you can do is file Mail Fraud case on the USPS website and police reports in the buyers city and yours. After you do, let the buyer know and to expect a visit from some postal inspectors. Won't help you, but might worry them a little.

As to what you are saying I would also suggest informing the person that your going to contact local law enforcement as this person is now in possession of stolen property! 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@brandland wrote:

I called to Ebay and guy told me it was sent with another label that have another address not even my state

Please come back @brandland and clarify this? You called, and eBay told you that your item was returned to another state?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yes, they can see the tracking number it was shipped with (I can't see it because the label I provided have never been used) and told me it delivered to another state but they are not able to help me. Ohhh

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: