cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer started a return saying the item was much smaller than described but had photo /w ruler

I have been selling for a while and this is the first time I have had to deal with such a brazen dishonest act.  I wouild like to get some help deciding what I should do. 

I do not accept returns and that is posted on the listing.  The buyer started a return saying the item was not as described / pictured specifically much smaller than described.

The item was "Wade Minatare Porcelain Figure Whimsies Gray Shire Horse"  And there was a photo showing the item next to a ruler making abundantly clear the item was just barely over one inch in size. 

The first reply I got from the buyer was "i was look for a horse 4 to 5 inch tall not a small horse i wanted to return"

I told the buyer he was abusing the "not as described" function because the size of the item was specified correctly and accurately and I ask him to cancel the return request but he replied with "No I am keeping the case opened"

I see a lot of post saying not as described cases are never won (even when it is obvious they should be) So the question is........ should I accept the return because there is no chance of winning or let it escalate to a case whear hopefully someone will look at the listing and see the items size was described clearly and pictured accurately and hopefully win?  I have already used the "Report Buyer" link to say the not as described case is false but not received any or response. 

Any help as the best way to handle this situation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Thanks.

SGADS

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Buyer started a return saying the item was much smaller than described but had photo /w ruler

There was only a ruler in one image showing only the base dimension and not the height, so this may not be good enough. I admit, most people could tell from that how high the horse was, but buyers are not always that savvy.

As it is an INAD claim you will need to accept the claim, send a return label to your buyer and refund once you have your item back.

Sorry this happened.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

i have to agree with @downunder-61  Accept the Return

or if you wish just 'Cut-Bait' and Refund the Buyer (after you place them on your BBL)

imho, No reason to put yourself through any grief for a small sale

- you've got other Listings and Customers to look after

Plus you can write it off come Tax time..

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: