cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chinese seller fraudly confirmed return as dispatched becuase does not want refund money back.

When seller sent me wrong item I have requested refund. And instead of to send me return label, chinese seller has confirmed as dispatched and purchase comming back. But I have not  dispatched  because I have not got return label. I have no idea how thee did it.  I reported to ebay. I am not sure that they will sort it. Any advice to sort this case are welcome. Thanks.

PS: It's important  to sort this  case, because scammers will have way to fraud millions UK customers.Thank you for understanding.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Chinese seller fraudly confirmed return as dispatched becuase does not want refund money back.

Foreign sellers cannot provide a return label, they are supposed to Paypal you the funds for the label. If he does not, after the third day ask Ebay to step in.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Don't take the risk of giving sellers your personal financial details.

Just repeat please send me a return label as seller is responsible for return shipping.

If they don't send a label then ask eBay to step in and inform them that the seller never provided you a return label and you don't feel comfortable sharing personal financial details with a foreign seller.

Ebay will close in buyer favor and if the seller never provides a label then no return will most likely be necessary.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

A seller from China can't provide a return shipping label for an International buyer, they have to send the buyer the money to cover the return shipping.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

What do you mean, the seller has confirmed it as dispatched as returning?

The seller has to send you the money to pay for return shipping.

If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I wonder if maybe seller doesn't want item back...and they are probably just going to refund you.

Did you check to see if you got a refund yet? 

Sometimes, there is a communication problem. A number of Chinese sellers will refund buyer and not want item returned. 

"dispatched and purchase coming back"...words from the seller?

I can never usually get tracking from anything coming from China and kinda afraid to even try to go on Chinese tracking shipping sites.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

"Don't take the risk of giving sellers your personal financial details.

Just repeat please send me a return label as seller is responsible for return shipping.

If they don't send a label then ask eBay to step in and inform them that the seller never provided you a return label and you don't feel comfortable sharing personal financial details with a foreign seller.

Ebay will close in buyer favor and if the seller never provides a label then no return will most likely be necessary."

Incorrect.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Not incorrect.

If seller is responsible for providing a return label then eBay will side with the buyer if a label never gets provided.

Doesn't matter if they are an international seller. The rules are not different.

You are trying to pretend that a buyer has to have the ability to accept funds from an international seller in order to get their return addressed.

That is incorrect.

A buyer does NOT have to do outside financial transfers in order to return.

Ebay gives it as a suggestion only to handle the matter but is not a requirement and a buyer can't be forced to do so.

When the seller is responsible for return shipping, the seller must provide a return shipping label or another return method that is acceptable to the buyer.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

"You are trying to pretend that a buyer has to have the ability to accept funds from an international seller in order to get their return addressed."

No, I wasnt trying to 'pretend' that a buyer has to have the ability to accept funds from an international seller for a return.To tell the buyer not to provide his 'financial information' is disingenious.PP has always been the accepted way for the seller to provide the shipping funds to the buyer.Ebay is well aware that a foreign seller cannot provide a return label and will advise the buyer to obtain the shipping funds from the seller. When that does not happen, on the fourth day of the case,the buyer can ask Ebay to step in, and he will be refunded without having to return the item.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

It's not disingenuous.

Paypal isn't a thing here anymore, I don't care about the old ways.

You incorrectly called my information incorrect because you didn't understand the policy.

Doesn't matter what eBay is aware of. The policy is clear.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

"You incorrectly called my information incorrect because you didn't understand the policy."

Ditto..Paypal is not the 'old ways', its the accepted way for a seller to send the buyer return label funds.'Nuff said.Have a good week end.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

You can say ditto all you want.

Paypal is out, and is old.  The only accepted way is eBay policy and policy is clear. Seller provides return label or buyer gets refunded without a return, unless the buyer allows other options.

If foreign sellers can't abide by the policy then maybe they shouldn't sell here.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

FOR INTERNATIONAL SELLER RETURNS

Offer to send funds for the return shipping cost

Use the carrier’s shipping calculator to find out how much return shipping will cost. If you’re unable to determine the cost, contact the buyer and ask them to provide a quote.

Ensure that the amount includes tracking, and on items that have a total cost of $750 or more, include signature confirmation.

How to send funds to the buyer:

1. Contact the buyer through eBay Messages, and ask how they would like to receive funds to purchase a return label.
  2. Send the funds using the buyer's preferred method.
  3. Ask the buyer to confirm that they’ve received the funds and to upload tracking to the return request so you can see that the item is on its way.
  4. eBay will put the case on hold for 5 days for the seller to either refund outright or send cash for the return shipping. Then if the seller does neither, eBay will refund, no return needed.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Nice you put the word in big letters. 'OFFER'.

To present for acceptance or rejection; proffer.

I never said the seller couldn't 'OFFER'. I said "Ebay gives it as a suggestion only to handle the matter but is not a requirement and a buyer can't be forced to do so.".

I said the buyer is fully within their rights to reject that offer, and require a return label to be provided.

Stop trying to prove your point when you are WRONG. eBay policy is clear.

Screenshot 2024-04-19 110714.png

Your steps only apply if the buyer finds the offer ACCEPTABLE.

The buyer is not required to accept such offer, and can continue to require a shipping label be provided, or refund without return.

Screenshot 2024-04-19 111552.png

'ask' 'if they agree'.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Lordy..relax...game over.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: