cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get any help

I bought an item back in August. The item came damaged I contacted the seller and never heard back. So, I contacted EBay and they said give it time and if they need to step in, they would. So, the seller and I worked something out about me repairing the item. I couldn't repair the item, so I contacted the seller and Ebay . They sent me something and I didn't understand it and I clicked on something, and it said I canceled the return. I wrote Ebay and they said I had to pay to send item back and that they were done. So, I called Ebay and talked to someone, and they said they would reopen my return situation. The seller said they would send a return shipping label and pay for the shipping and refund my money. That was 2 weeks ago so I thought I would get Ebay involved again and now they say case is closed and I am on my own. This October 12th This has been going on almost 2 months! What is it going to take until Ebay helps me ! 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Can't get any help

I don't know. Once you get passed the 30-day eBay money back guarantee,  things get tough to force the seller or eBay to do anything.

If you had opened a return right away with the reason of Arrived Damaged,  eBay's MBG is solid.  Seller provides a return label within 3 day's and you send the product back and seller refunds. 

If the seller does not provide a return label or does not refund after they receive the item back, eBay refunds out of the seller's account.

Not sure where you mishandled this return but something is wrong. 

Posting ID
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@douganddebb 

Sorry, Ebay will no longer help.

If you paid through Pay Pal, they give you 180 days to open a case or contact your credit card.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@douganddebb wrote:

I bought an item back in August. The item came damaged I contacted the seller and never heard back. So, I contacted EBay and they said give it time and if they need to step in, they would. So, the seller and I worked something out about me repairing the item. I couldn't repair the item, so I contacted the seller and Ebay . They sent me something and I didn't understand it and I clicked on something, and it said I canceled the return. I wrote Ebay and they said I had to pay to send item back and that they were done. So, I called Ebay and talked to someone, and they said they would reopen my return situation. The seller said they would send a return shipping label and pay for the shipping and refund my money. That was 2 weeks ago so I thought I would get Ebay involved again and now they say case is closed and I am on my own. This October 12th This has been going on almost 2 months! What is it going to take until Ebay helps me ! 

You closed the case; eBay is not going to help. Based on what you are saying, it appears you have no idea what you are doing. The process is straight forward, if item was damaged, you should have opened a return case immediately, seller would have sent a return label and you send the item for full refund. Your attempt at repairing item could have been seen as altering item status and buyer's protection is not guaranteed, seller is not required to send return label. After 30 days, there is nothing that eBay can do. 

At this point, you closed out all of your options with eBay. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I don't think I paid thru paypal .I used my debit card and when I checked paypal I couldn't find it 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@douganddebb wrote:

I don't think I paid thru paypal .I used my debit card and when I checked paypal I couldn't find it 

Contact your bank and see if there's anything they can do.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I hope that item in question was not expensive.

Noted that you closed the return case by mistake and it is highly unlikely that eBay will be able to help as their system only allows appeals/ cases to be reopened when it is eBay who intervene and make a decision on a case and not when buyer closes the case.

Noted that your seller is still willing to take the item back,

In my experience you have 2 choices.

1: Hope and pray that return label your seller has sent turns up and I would message them my email address and ask them to send the label to your email as an attachment as todate you have not received a return label.

2: Pay for a signed for/ tracked service to return the item  and then message seller advisng him of tracking reference and thank him in advance that on receipt of item he is to issue a full refund.

Keep your postage receipt proof of posting and a photogrphs of label you use (Even if this label was supplied by the seller) and if your seller does not refund you say 10 days after tracking shows delivered and has not responded to your message enquirin about your refuns then lodge a claim with your credit card issuer for reason refund not received and send your credit card issuer all evidence including proof of postage, copy of label, tracking showing delivered and copy of your ebay message enquiring about your refund.  

I would expect this charge back claim with your credit card issuer to result in you getting your money back.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: