cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Community Chat, May 3rd @ 1pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon everyone!

Come and join the Community team today for our weekly chat. No set topic for today so feel free to bring your general questions for discussion with the team Smiley Happy

See you there!

Message 1 of 78
latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

Re: Weekly Community Chat, May 3rd @ 1pm PT - General Topics

I undertsand that the new "Deals" search filter includes Daily Deal items, but could we get a detailed breakdown on the criteria used to determine the non-Daily Deal items that qualify? And does the filter ONLY apply to items with PINs, or other items (such as vintage) as well?

Message 31 of 78
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Did I fall asleep for a week and miss the chat on the TRS $30 promotion coupon issue?

Wife never got the promotion on her TRS account.

My promotion campaign attempt will only show 1 item to promote when I have several listings with multiples.

The $30 promotion is not a coupon, it is actually an invoice credit. You may see this on May's invoice if you are billed on the 15th of each month. 

Your other listings that are not showing up for promotions may not qualify if the are in an unsupporte category. I recommend reaching out to customer support with examples to have these reviewed specifically!

Message 32 of 78
latest reply

Spoiler
I sell mostly single item listings. ebay has indicated that eventually some or all single item listings will be eligible for Promoted Listings. Any timeline on that?
Message 33 of 78
latest reply

Sorry, don't know exactly how I ended up with Spoiler there....I'll try again:
I sell mostly single item listings. ebay has indicated that eventually some or all single item listings will be eligible for Promoted Listings. Any timeline on that?
Message 34 of 78
latest reply

Hi @vrykalak,

eBay is always looking to improve the site so I am sure there's a good reason those features are going away.

I haven't heard of other image editing issues yet. I'll have to look into this and get back to you.

@vrykalak wrote:

Editing photos while posting a listing has been very valuable.

Suddenly, it didn't work anymore.

After griping to four technicians, over a period of about six hours, I finally found someone who understood what I was talking about (that's another perennial gripe I have) and told me that feature is being deleted on the newest listing page.

It still works on the Quick Listing Page, but he assured me that is going to disappear, too

...And there's no point uploading pictures on the Quick Listing Page and then returning to the Advanced Listing Page for the rest, because the act of switching erases everything you've already entered.

Why does eBay continue to make life harder for sellers with changes like this?

Message 35 of 78
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alcoforever wrote:

Last week on the Weekly Chat, post #46, you said that a seller that printed a return label is responsible for the package:

Whoever funded the label is responsible for what happens to the item in transit - even when a seller provides the money for a label, they are still in some way stipulating the shipping format and would be liable if the item goes missing. Ultimately, it is in the seller's best interest to either provide a label or fund one that best protects them, as they will be accountable for the item while it is in transit on the way back.

Surely this is wrong as at that point in the transaction, the buyer owns the item and will own it until the seller gets it back and refunds the buyer and therefore  the buyer should be responsible for getting the item back to the seller.

If, as you said, the seller is responsible, then all a buyer would have to do is not use the label at all, keep the item, and the seller would be forced to refund.

Also, if what you said is true, then a seller should tell the buyer to return the item at the buyer's expense and the seller would then refund the buyer's return shipping when the item is received.

Hey there, the seller is required to provide return shipping compensation before the item is shipped so they would not be able to simply have the buyer pay for it and then reimburse upon return receipt. Additonally, the buyer does have to show the item is shipped out before they would be protected, so cannot simply keep the item. 

If the item is damaged or lost in transit and the seller funded the return shipping, they would still need to issue a refund. The seller can elect to pay for return shipping with insurance if they are concerned about the item's return transit.

Message 36 of 78
latest reply

The new program is going to offer a refund on shipping or a coupon for the buyer if the shipping is free.

This sounds great, but I am concerned that ebay and the USPS are not working together very well.

I am having many items that are showing up as "late" because of "Uploaded on time but no carrier scan"

In every single case, when I look at the tracking, the item is showing up delivered.  It then can take a week or two to finally update and last month I had to get ebay/Heidi to intervene to get the bad tracking metric fixed.

These are items shipped by USPS with the eBay shipping program.  I ship in one day and in all cases, I really have had them validated in that one day.  The only faulty thing is the interface between ebay and the USPS.  When I look at my shipping labels in the Seller Hub there are often packages that are delivered in 2days but still show "in transit" after 7-14 days before they update to delivered.

How is this going to affect that guaranteed shipping program?  What is the time frame that a buyer is going to have to wait for the item to show as delvered on the ebay site?

The CSR's that I have talked to when I call all tell me that there is nothing that they can do about the late metrics.  That is not much help.

Message 37 of 78
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

trs.jpg

All of my accounts have this on my Seller Dashboard.

If the discount is no longer 20% someone should change it so it is not confusing.

Thank you.

Thanks for the callout, @golfingaddict. We'll get that updated! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 38 of 78
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@labs118 wrote:

Why am I seeing different search results ?
If I am searching etienne aigner shoes It returns a normal search

If I search salvatore ferragamo Women it shows me a new  ebay shopping experience
search results with descriptions ?

And why all the men's shoes when I search Women?

I posted to the selling board just a short time ago wanted to see if other sellers are seeing different search results as well.

I cannot stay around I have to be somewhere at 430Pm
thanks

ebay new search 5-17.jpg 

This search result page is a test we are running to enhance the shopping experience when looking for something to buy. Not all items will bring up this page quite yet, and we'd love to hear your feedback about this experience. Men's shoes showing up in these search results is a great callout of something we can work to fix. I'll pass along this example, don't hesitate to keep us posted if you run into any other bumps.

My feedback is CAMEL PUCKY!!

When I do a search, I want to see exactly and only what I asked to see.
I am hugely frustrated when I get 3000 "hits" and NONE of them have all of my keywords...and some items show up that contain NONE of my keywords.

If I ask for 'red high-heel shoes' , the results should not contain anything that doesn't contain all of those keywords. Yes, that may be too specific, and may eliminate some "hits" that would actually meet my needs. But eBay should NOT make assumptions about what I want and show me thousands of irrelevant items.

...Other sites I have seen allow the requester to say whether or not they want to see "similar" results. I would always say NO. But I am not given that choice.

Message 39 of 78
latest reply

@odditiesandantiquities1 wrote:

Good afternoon everyone.

Hi! Thanks for joining us slight_smile

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 40 of 78
latest reply

I just spent 8 minutes writing a message...and eBay erased it!

Message 41 of 78
latest reply

Did I post my question incorrectly?  Is it too complex?  Can I get some kind of reply?

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Weekly-Community-Chat-May-3rd-1pm-PT-Genera...

Message 42 of 78
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@alcoforever wrote:

Last week on the Weekly Chat, post #46, you said that a seller that printed a return label is responsible for the package:

Whoever funded the label is responsible for what happens to the item in transit - even when a seller provides the money for a label, they are still in some way stipulating the shipping format and would be liable if the item goes missing. Ultimately, it is in the seller's best interest to either provide a label or fund one that best protects them, as they will be accountable for the item while it is in transit on the way back.

Surely this is wrong as at that point in the transaction, the buyer owns the item and will own it until the seller gets it back and refunds the buyer and therefore  the buyer should be responsible for getting the item back to the seller.

If, as you said, the seller is responsible, then all a buyer would have to do is not use the label at all, keep the item, and the seller would be forced to refund.

Also, if what you said is true, then a seller should tell the buyer to return the item at the buyer's expense and the seller would then refund the buyer's return shipping when the item is received.

Hey there, the seller is required to provide return shipping compensation before the item is shipped so they would not be able to simply have the buyer pay for it and then reimburse upon return receipt. Additonally, the buyer does have to show the item is shipped out before they would be protected, so cannot simply keep the item. 

If the item is damaged or lost in transit and the seller funded the return shipping, they would still need to issue a refund. The seller can elect to pay for return shipping with insurance if they are concerned about the item's return transit.

How nice.   A double standard where the owner of the item is not responsible.

Message 43 of 78
latest reply

Thanks for the correction ------ credit, not coupon 🙂 I knew that.   Hands faster than head when typing.

Unsupported caregory----    other items in same category.  Auto parts with a different brand application. 

Message 44 of 78
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@itswickedfun wrote:

Received an email today titled "Upcoming Changes for Turbo Lister" which reads, in part:

"Beginning in June 2017, TurboLister will see a few changes as we move to our easy-to-use Seller Hub platform. Though Turbolister will no longer be available to new sellers, and no new features will be added, existing sellers can still use it and will continue to have technical support for the tool."

Q1: Does "existing sellers can still use it" mean for the forseeable future or is the plan still to cut off current users sometime this summer?

Q2: Any further clarification on "no longer be available to new sellers"?

- Q2A: The download link was removed months ago, but some of us still have the installer sitting on our hard drives. So, should I need to reinstall TL will I be able to do so?

- Q2B: There's a difference between "seller" and "account". If I open a new eBay account in July or later will I be able to use TL with it since I am an existing seller or will that account be unable to use TL since it will be a "new account".

Here is some clarification on your specific questions:

Q1: We won't be "cutting off" current users, there will simply be a point where the tool no longer works properly as our developers will not be supporting it and keeping it current. If you have TurboLister, you will still be able to use it until it is no longer compatible with the eBay site.

Q2: The download link is no longer on the site, so this is what we mean when we say it is no longer available. This ties into Q2A that as long as you have the installer, you will be able to use that version of TurboLister. This may not be the most up to date version depending on when you originally got the installer and you can still reach out to turbodata@eBay.com for help getting the latest version possible.

Q2A: See above.

Q2B: You can just add a new user to your TurboLister account to use it on another eBay account.

If you have any additional TurboLister specific questions, you can reach the team for this product directly by emailing turbodata@eBay.com. They are still available to field your questions and help in any way they can.

Message 45 of 78
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: