cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Oct 24th from 1:00 pm PDT - Managed Payments on eBay

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Sellers,

Join eBay’s Vikas Mehta who is leading the rollout of Payments in North America on our Community Chat. Get the latest update on how it’s all going, hear stories of seller success and have your questions answered. 

This chat thread will open for questions at 1 pm and it will close for new questions at 2 pm. 

Chat with you then! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Re: Community Chat, Oct 24th from 1:00 pm PDT - Managed Payments on eBay

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ittybitnot wrote:

How is the managed payment system handling "unauthorized use" claims?  They always came through PayPal previously that had protections in place for the seller that shipped to the address provided by PayPal.  What is the procedure for managed payments.  I read up on what ebay is displaying, but this topic as well as any other seller protections from fradulent funds were not addressed.    

What EXACTLY is the procedure? 

Hi @ittybitnot, seller protection from eBay is designed to help you safeguard your online sales and prevent you from losing money due to chargebacks and eBay Money Back Guarantee claims. Learn more about eBay Seller Protection Policy.  If you have a specific question, please contact customer service and we are happy to walk you through the details.  

Message 61 of 66
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

If buyer abandons purchase at time of checkout due to not being aware that seller no longer accepts paypal is the seller made aware of that abandon purchase and able to open a UPID?

Hi @bubbleman2010, A UPI or unpaid item occurs when someone finishes checkout and doesn't pay for the item.  The case you describe above is different in that the buyer wouldn't have finished checkout.  We are actively educating and incentivizing our buyers to purchase with our managed payments sellers.

Message 62 of 66
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mam98031 wrote:

Dang that makes me think of another question.

When PP is accepted by MP, how will Ebay handle it when a buyer goes to PP and files a claim in PP that is within their 180 policy?  Will Ebay then be adopting a 180 day claim policy too?  Or will Ebay do something different?

Hi @mam98031, we will be sharing our policies regarding PP transactions closer to the launch date of PP payment.  Stay tuned.

Message 63 of 66
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mam98031 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@a_c_green wrote:

@Anonymous wrote: 
For those of you who haven't seen it yet, we posted some information on how the program is going on https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/managed-payments/ 

I've had a wade through all the material at the link as best I can, but one item I have not seen addressed there was the concern over how a seller can do a small, incremental refund to a buyer (e.g. for a Shipping overpayment on a combined purchase) without upending the entire transaction by forcing the buyer to do a partial refund request, just to get his two bucks back. 

Is having the buyer make a refund request still the only way to make a minor payment correction on the transaction?

Hi @a_c_green, we realize the ability to do partial refunds is an important part of doing business on eBay.  It is a top priority for us (along with rolling out PP as a form of payment for buyers).  Stay tuned on the timing for this change.

In the meantime, for those sellers who need a bit more information -You can issue partial refunds for your transaction through the returns process. If there is an issue with the item, please ask your buyer to file a return request using a reason that indicates there is a problem with the item. You can then offer and send a partial refund once your buyer accepts the offer. For non-claim related reasons (like a shipping discount), ask your buyer to file a remorse claim so you can issue a partial refund. A remorse claim won’t negatively impact your seller ratings.  

So then is the Service Metrics being updated to allow for these SNADs that are being filed that aren't actually SNADs?  You are asking seller to intentionally harm their stats by using this method.  Granted it is a small number of sellers, but I'd be their stats are important to them too.

I can only speak for myself.  But if I had to do this I'd have a few SNADs every month which would with time put me way over the top and cause me to have to pay penalty fees to Ebay.

Hi @mam98031, to reinforce the message above - the claims created as part of the workaround associated with partial refunds will NOT negatively impact seller ratings. 

Message 64 of 66
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@terrycanarsky wrote:

For non-claim related reasons (like a shipping discount), ask your buyer to file a remorse claim so you can issue a partial refund. 

I'm sorry if I seem critical, but this is asking a buyer to deliberately file a fraudulent claim. 

Does eBay plan any sort of honest alternative to this in the near future?

~M

Hi @terrycanarsky, it's a workaround that will NOT negatively impact seller ratings.  We are actively working towards a partial refund flow within managed payments.

Message 65 of 66
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@benzexpert wrote:

Hi,
So, someone mentioned a bunch of extra work will be involved, how so?
Also can someone post a link to a listing that is currently using Managed payments? Just want to see what it looks like.

Hi @benzexpert  Have a look at the attached screenshot/file.  It shows a 2.0 listing at checkout.

Message 66 of 66
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: