cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, June 3 @ 1:00 pm PT - Turbo Lister Retirement & SixBit

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Join the Community team at 1 PM on June 3rd for our Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. With the upcoming retirement of Turbo Lister, a member of the team that supported this tool will join us to answer questions about the transition. Additionally, representatives from the third-party listing tool SixBit will also be joining us to provide more information on how you may be able to leverage their product to grow your business.

If you're new to our weekly chat, welcome! Simply click the Reply button on this post, type up your question, and hit submit. We look forward to chatting with you!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 263
latest reply
262 REPLIES 262

Re: Community Chat, June 3 @ 1:00 pm PT - Turbo Lister Retirement & SixBit

Anonymous
Not applicable

@roy222 wrote:

Why retire Turbo Lister when so many sellers still use it?

Hello @roy222 ,

Great question and thank you for your post.  We definitely know how important this tool has meant to some of our members. With a great decline in users who used Turbo Lister in the last few years and with the changes with Microsoft cutting versions of Internet Explorer for Windows 7 users which made Turbo Lister obsolete for those using that operating system.

The biggest reason why we chose now to deprecate Turbo Lister is due to the fact that Turbo Lister isn't compatible with some future advances we want to make with the site in 2020.  We know and understand how it will impact some of our members and for this reason we've partnered with SixBit Software which is a desktop application similar to Turbo Lister. 

Message 166 of 263
latest reply

@birdhouse-in-your-soul wrote:

One more question -- because I have used Turbo Lister for a LONG time, I have a large number of older listings archived there.  Will this be possible to do with Six Bit, or will the initial Six Bit set up only allow us to import listings from the last month or so?  Right now I have listings in TL  dating back for several years.

@birdhouse-in-your-soul Good news!  You can import your entire library of items into SixBit and then SixBit will keep them as long as you'd like.

Message 167 of 263
latest reply

Brian,

I was told by a rep to use this forum to reach the higher ups so they ( I am assuming you) can answer the questions that the reps cannot or will deflect towards you for an answer which is why posting in other forums or using front line employee based chats are not useful in this case.  It seems to me the time you have taken to tell me where to go would have been better served by just answering the question.   There are quite a few sellers in this forum who may just happen to have an off question about Six Bit or Turbolister, but I am sure they would like to see an answer to my question and/or other questions like it.  There are many sellers (myself and others I interact with) who feel that the higher ups at ebay do not care about the seller base or at least as much as they should (if you consider my original question and the upcoming fee changes on July 15th as examples).   For these reasons I do not look forward to a reply even though I was hopeful that it would happen.  Have a nice day.

Message 168 of 263
latest reply

That's very good to hear but will I be able to transfer listings that are not active and have not been active for anywhere from 3 months to 10 years?
Angcat77
Message 169 of 263
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

I imported my TL listings into Sixbits for Turbolister.  About half my listings actually made it into Sixbits.  What caused that and how can I fix it?

In TL I had my listings in various files so things were sorted for me by what my needs are.  When the ones that did make it over to SixBits they were just all together.  I lost all my separate files I used to separate the types of listings I had.  Can I fix this?

I learned how to design my screen for my ease in created a listing.  So I like that.

But I can't figure out how to change the description field from displaying in HTML.  

And how do you do a Variation listing?

Just bumping my post above.  Post # 53.  

We have lots of questions on this chat and few answers with only about 10 minutes remaining in the chat.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 170 of 263
latest reply

I agree 100%
Message 171 of 263
latest reply

@daffodilone wrote:

How long will the items remain in the database and how many will it hold?

@daffodilone Your items will remain in the SixBit database for as long as you want.  We are built on a Microsoft SQL Server database which is very robust and can hold many, many items (in the millions)!

Message 172 of 263
latest reply

I only see Ebay answers to the trivia  question and we are almost an hour into to this.  What am I doing wrong??

Message 173 of 263
latest reply

john@sixbit wrote:

@birdhouse-in-your-soul wrote:

One more question -- because I have used Turbo Lister for a LONG time, I have a large number of older listings archived there.  Will this be possible to do with Six Bit, or will the initial Six Bit set up only allow us to import listings from the last month or so?  Right now I have listings in TL  dating back for several years.

@birdhouse-in-your-soul Good news!  You can import your entire library of items into SixBit and then SixBit will keep them as long as you'd like.

Yes and no.  I posted this question much earlier in the thread.  When I transferred my files from TL to Sixbit, they all didn't make it and I have no idea why.,

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 174 of 263
latest reply

Turbo lister was a great helpful tool and was free. For small sellers $15 is too much. If eBay cared about sellers they would give a free listing tool, no insertion fees and allow sellers to list items and take a larger percentage when the item sells.

Message 175 of 263
latest reply

My photos are not hosted by any private company, so there is no code. I assume mine will also have to be manually imported. Not gonna happen!
Message 176 of 263
latest reply

@pixphoto wrote:

Know what's funny? Just think of the revenue eBay & SixBit will make out of this venture and they can't afford a webinar?  Unfortunately, They know already what the questions will be and just like the, "Managed Payments" webinar, that are supposed to save sellers money, they Don't want you to know the truth.

Wait for it.... It will come

MP is NOT saving Sellers money ... to think that is delusional ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 177 of 263
latest reply

Watch this video series to get a head start on learning about the SixBit set up.

Download & Setup : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UEku3zx8Ws&feature=youtu.be

First Look : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yBQ2nL9iLI&feature=youtu.be

A Deeper Dive : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2lLCHeaeU8&feature=youtu.be

Message 178 of 263
latest reply

WRONG. There are NO multiple seller ids being used here !!
Message 179 of 263
latest reply

@reeflover wrote:

Can I schedule listings to start at one-minute intervals on SixBit?
Are SixBit listings saved to my hard drive or a cloud?

@reefloverSixBit supports scheduling in two ways.  You can use eBay Scheduling or built in scheduling by SixBit.  The built in SixBit scheduling supports starting items at intervals and is available in our Small Business Edition and above.

Your listings are saved to your hard drive for as long as you'd like.

Message 180 of 263
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: