cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, December 8 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 1 of 71
latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

Re: Community Chat, December 8 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

CSRs are very good about making up answers when they have no clue what they are talking about.

Message 61 of 71
latest reply

tyler@ebay  Videos in listings; This will appear in the gallery ,which currently has 12 slots available for photos. When videos go live will that mean:

12 slots plus optional video slot, for a total of 13?

OR

12 slots, one of which can be used for video, for a total of 12?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 62 of 71
latest reply

Thanks for joining this week's chat! It's now closed from further replies, but we will continue to work to make sure questions receive a response.

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 63 of 71
latest reply

Thanks for the clarification @valueaddedresource I'll pass along the feedback for sure! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 64 of 71
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@gwzcomps wrote:

If you aren't going to train your current CS agents can you just fire them like you did with your US support?  Despite all the training you supposedly give them they don't know the policies.  I shouldn't have to train your agents on how to do their jobs.  I get that corporations like to exploit overseas workers, but at least have the decency to train them.

Hi @gwzcomps - we have support teammates located all over the world, including the US, and they're all trained. 🙂

If you'll let me know the date of your recent contact with CS where you encountered this I'm happy to have it reviewed for coaching. 

Thanks!

You keep telling me they are trained, but you are clearly not familiar with how the CS department works.  I recently had to link to the seller protections policy and threaten escalation to get support to remove a feedback from a return on my other account.

Hi @gwzcomps - my offer to have the interaction reviewed stands if you change your mind and get me the detail I asked for!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 65 of 71
latest reply

@theshoppingmom2 wrote:

velvet@ebay  I understand that. But since the Owner has not replied and not willing to reply , should the seller still have a violation on their account? The Vero Owner is not replying to eBay or to the seller...

So any Vero owner can just  say violation but does not provide any information and that's the end of it?

I believe that in the past when I worked with the Vero Team if the owner did not provide a response after the seller and eBay contacted them... the violation was removed from the seller's account. I can be wrong and my memory  might be playing tricks on me since this  goes back several years, LOL

Sorry I missed that piece of the question @theshoppingmom2! I don't believe actions like that are removed unless retracted by the rights owner, but that would be something to discuss with the VeRO team at the email I provided in my last response. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 66 of 71
latest reply

@somanypostcards wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@somanypostcards wrote:

Nearly a month ago we were told that to see avatars on the community discussion boards we should click to grant access.  I did this.  Then I found out that I was granting access to my PRIVATE data.  Since I did not want a 3rd party, Khoros, to have access to my private data, I went to my Personal information Sign in and security, scrolled down to the bottom to find Third-party app access and clicked on View to view or edit third party apps with access to my account.  I got the error message:  "We ran into a problem.  Please try again."

I have been trying again and again.  This has also been reported on the Technical Issues and Share Community Platform Feedback weeks ago.  Today it is still broken, giving the same error message.  I consider this a major security breech.  When will this error be fixed so I can revoke the third-party access you told me to grant without telling me it would expose my private data to a non-eBay entity?

Hi @somanypostcards - there is an ongoing technical issue that prevents you from viewing your third party authorizations. I've added your account as one that is also impacted, and I hope that we see it resolved quickly so that you can manage your authorizations as you see fit. 

I do want to clarify that the Grant Application Access page was not authorizing any additional information other than your avatar photo, profile/feedback page and your currently listed items for sale. I realize that there was a lot of conversation around the topic at the time, but it was not giving any other detail than that. 

Thanks!

My avatar photo, profile/feedback page and currently listed items for sale are all public information.  Therefore there was no need for your to authorizes access to public information.  Since the third party can access public information without my giving them an access token, why did I have to give them access.  And how can I verify that they do NOT have access to my PRIVATE data?

See this discussion:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-Community-Platform/Why-is-eBay-lying-to-us/

Hi @somanypostcards - I recognize that there are several theories about what the interstitial page 'truly' meant. I can only tell you that from my end, the extent of the information shared is what I mentioned earlier. 

You would typically be able to find the authorization in the third-party authorizations section of your site preferences, but as I mentioned there is a technical issue that prevents that from happening at this point in time. 

If this poses too much of a concern for you, I completely understand. You can request an administrative closure of your eBay Community Account by filing an abuse report on any of your posts and letting the moderation team know you'd like a community account closure. That will close your community account and anonymize your posts, terminating any link between Khoros and your eBay account. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 67 of 71
latest reply

@akoz3857 wrote:

What companies does Ebay sell for themselves?

Hi @akoz3857 - eBay is a marketplace platform that connects sellers with interested buyers. We don't compete with you in this space, so we don't sell items here specifically. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 68 of 71
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

tyler@ebay  Videos in listings; This will appear in the gallery ,which currently has 12 slots available for photos. When videos go live will that mean:

12 slots plus optional video slot, for a total of 13?

OR

12 slots, one of which can be used for video, for a total of 12?

Thanks for all the suggestions @my-cottage-books-and-antiques, I'll get them our pitch and fingers crossed we'll see some good content. 

Re: video in listing, I'll do some digging and see if I can find out! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 69 of 71
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

@lamber9347 wrote:

Hello- Is there an estimate on when the item specifics will stop randomly dropping and making adjustments? I ask because I have all categories filled out, including suggested only. Yet every few days something gets "dropped" that was previously entered by me. Then I can see it gets noted as missing info. I make the changes then a few days later "poof" it goes away. 

I understood that there was a period of adjustments but it's been weeks now and still this continues in the doll and doll clothing categories. Thank you. 

Hey @lamber9347! I'm sorry for the delay. I was trying to reach out for more info and haven't heard back yet. If I don't before the chat ends, I'll follow-up here and will be sure to tag you. 

Good morning @lamber9347! I've heard back and while there have been no recent changes that would explain this, they want to take a closer look. They're wondering if it might be category related. Will you please create a new post letting me know what categories you list in when you see this happening? Be sure to tag me in it too so I can pass that info back to them. Thanks! 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 70 of 71
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

@lamber9347 wrote:

Hello- Is there an estimate on when the item specifics will stop randomly dropping and making adjustments? I ask because I have all categories filled out, including suggested only. Yet every few days something gets "dropped" that was previously entered by me. Then I can see it gets noted as missing info. I make the changes then a few days later "poof" it goes away. 

I understood that there was a period of adjustments but it's been weeks now and still this continues in the doll and doll clothing categories. Thank you. 

Hey @lamber9347! I'm sorry for the delay. I was trying to reach out for more info and haven't heard back yet. If I don't before the chat ends, I'll follow-up here and will be sure to tag you. 

Good morning @lamber9347! I've heard back and while there have been no recent changes that would explain this, they want to take a closer look. They're wondering if it might be category related. Will you please create a new post letting me know what categories you list in when you see this happening? Be sure to tag me in it too so I can pass that info back to them. Thanks! 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 71 of 71
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: